Bigfoots and Forest Fires

Madison5716

Admin
1 hour ago, OldMort said:

There's nothing new in your link.

It doesn't have to be new to be relevant. The link reports that four arsonists have been arrested for setting forest fires.

• Upvote 1

Oh c’mon, we all know it was the BFRO who set the fires across the Northwest just to smoke out the bigfoots into cities and convince them to take peoples’ guns or something (guns are bad for bigfoot after all)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gigantor said:

It doesn't have to be new to be relevant. The link reports that four arsonists have been arrested for setting forest fires.

Thanks for the links. I am not ready to say the fires are Antifa from reading them, but the breadcrumbs are certainly there.

1 hour ago, OldMort said:

Maybe, but the rumors did not spring up out of thin air.  They actually came from a Clackamas sheriff deputy as well as an officer manager.  Lets be honest, maybe they did, maybe they didn't, but you have to admit this is something right out of antifas playbook.  I will leave it at that and move on as well.

• Upvote 3

Some sick people just want to watch the world burn. Literally. I wouldn't say their political ideation is of any quality or consideration, as they clearly have a few screws loose, whether they lean one way or the other, and probably don't represent any position adequately. Fire bugs are fire bugs, just like looters are looters. If you're doing that, I don't care what your politics are. Opportunistic, sick people are everywhere in our sad world. 

Getting back on subject, I'm looking forward to the day we can get out into the field and see what's happening. Boots on the charred, barren ground!

• Upvote 1

I have two very close friends on both sides of the law.  One is a now-retired police officer and the other was a public defender, both in the same city.  I had the fortune of speaking with them both on local high profile cases that they were involved with.  About 40 years ago, I learned that what you read in the media is never 'the truth' but merely a shadow of it.  There is always some grain of truth within the story, but the rest is semantics and interpretation. 

The first article below exemplifies this.  It provides detail on the Clackamas County sheriff's deputy claiming antifa involvement in starting fires.  It also gives the fullest example of what can potentially go wrong based on those false rumors.  First off, the deputy was filling in for the county sheriff and gave false information to the county commissioners who were deciding on issuing a curfew and became so alarmed they were ready to call in the National Guard, which if enacted would have taken away Guards for other duties.  Second, it led to residents calling the police and 911 questioning the truth of the situation which tied up resources for true emergencies.  Third, it led to vigilantes protecting property against suspected looters and 'outsiders' which led to journalists being stopped and threatened, but as the sheriff indicated, his concern was with out-of-state firefighters potentially being confronted by armed individuals. 

The other articles address the issue from various other perspectives.  Note one article states that the person seen lighting the brush on fire has been arrested and has not been linked to any group.  There really are pyromaniacs out there!  One lived in a neighborhood I lived in.  About once a month or so, the kid would try to burn a tree down.

Food for thought:  Has everyone forgotten that Siberia had extremely warm temperatures and severe wildfires just a few months ago?  I don't think those were started by antifa or extreme right groups.

Just a side comment, y'all know Hitler and Mussolini were fascists right? 

https://www.opb.org/article/2020/09/14/unvetted-information-from-clackamas-county-officer-furthered-antifa-wildfire-misinformation/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/10/oregon-fires-cause-rumors-activists-social-media

https://centraloregondaily.com/officials-squash-rumors-of-far-right-far-left-setting-fires/

https://www.freightbrokerlive.com/man-caught-in-viral-video-setting-fire-in-residential-neighborhood-police-say-suspect-in-custody/

https://columbiabasinherald.com/news/2020/sep/11/fire-officials-battle-rumors-along-with-2/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, OldMort said:

........The brave men and women of our FBI have requested that misinformation not be spread and have explained why, as it drains the resources of our law enforcement agencies and first responders. Apparently we have some folks here who don't support law enforcement and want to make their job even more difficult than it already is.......

I would agree that ascribing motive before these people are tried is premature, but at least one of these accused arsonists has ties to recent riots in Washington state. That pointed out, it really doesn't matter what their motives and affiliations are. These are crimes of mass destruction. Nothing, and I mean ABSOLUTELY nothing, drains the resources of the authorities more at this time than more arsonists setting fires. Whether they are the homeless, anarchists, fascists, communists, wayward teens, the mentally ill, or racists of any color, these arsonists need to be collected up and put away for the long count. Crimes of mass destruction, which call for forgiveness like any other crime, don't require the stupidity necessary to release them back into society where a 75 cent Bic lighter and a bad attitude can cause countless billions of dollars of destruction and several innocent lives. Ideological lunacy is killing us all. 

11 hours ago, smallfoot said:

Oh c’mon, we all know it was the BFRO who set the fires across the Northwest just to smoke out the bigfoots into cities and convince them to take peoples’ guns or something (guns are bad for bigfoot after all)

It's a classic bigfoot drive. They're being pushed to the next BFRO expedition site. Listen for the late night howling........

A new discussion area is downed power lines. Our high tension grid is not as strong as we think.  High wind damage / downed  power transmission lines is being related to some of the fires in Oregon. Those high voltage lines are scary.

After the Camp Fire of 2018 in Califirnia when PG& E was heldr responsible, they simply cut power during windstorms in the dry season. The howls from the public were as loud as after the fire itself.

Just now, Huntster said:

After the Camp Fire of 2018 in California when PG& E was heldr responsible, they simply cut power during windstorms in the dry season. The howls from the public were as loud as after the fire itself. The run on generators was incredible.

SSR Team
On 9/15/2020 at 10:09 PM, BobbyO said:

Who remembers a footprint out of Saskatchewen that was doing the rounds on FB either last year or the year before during fire season ?

This sure looks like the same picture.

I'll try to find.

Yeah, from Saskatchewan at least two years plus back.

I can’t remember what I ate for dinner last night but I can remember Sasquatch track locations and when. Don’t know whether that makes me cool or insane ! ;)

9A30B325-01C6-4D68-AA79-B6986FAD565C.png

33689383-5A48-4D65-A3DE-D83A96391C90.png

5E758647-06DC-4192-BAE7-38AAA9D66E25.png

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, BobbyO said:

I can’t remember what I ate for dinner last night but I can remember Sasquatch track locations and when.

Hey, I'll go you one better ;) that photo was first posted here by Norseman :) at least a couple of years ago. Pretty sure it was either around the 2017 or 2018 PacNW rash of wildfires. I remember the years because they were the first two years that I had my small travel trailer with the aim of getting to the PacNW but was stymied both years by the amount of fire and smoke in Western Canada and the States.

• Like 1

SSR Team

That's the one H, great memory ! ;)

38 minutes ago, PNWexplorer said:

US wildfire fire fighters typically wear green pants while Canadian fire fighters typically wear the red/orange outfits...

firefighter-boot-camp.jpg

wildland-fire-fighter-1024x683.jpg

Correct. Nomex. I would have hate to have fought fire in coveralls.....yuck! They look like oilfield FR coveralls.... color-Halliburton.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic