Bigfoots and Forest Fires

Madison5716

BFF Patron

Nomex is good stuff.    I was in the military when we converted to nomex flight suits.   We did not like them because they were much hotter than the cotton ones but certainly if you had an aircraft fire you wanted to be wearing nomex.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Nomex is good stuff.    I was in the military when we converted to nomex flight suits.   We did not like them because they were much hotter than the cotton ones but certainly if you had an aircraft fire you wanted to be wearing nomex.  

Yep!  Still have mine hanging in the closet.  Wish I still fit in it, though...

f8C8J5D7QkeBadagPSLxHg.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Well, yesterday the air quality in Salem Oregon went from 375 to 417, which is very hazardous to 24, which is very good, no pollution issues at all! amazing what an on shore flow can do in 24 hrs.

• Upvote 3

The footprint, who's measurement became my screen name here, was found just outside the edge of the fire line immediately following the Biscuit Fire.

17x7

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, 17x7 said:

The footprint, who's measurement became my screen name here, was found just outside the edge of the fire line immediately following the Biscuit Fire.

17x7

And here I thought it was a deer with an oddly configured antler rack!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, david75090 said:

I guess I'm not keeping up, but why would anti-fascists want to set fires?

Because they want to burn the white patriarchy to the ground?

Why would you settle to burn down one building when you can burn down an entire town? 

And they are not “anti fascists”.... as they are communists. Which as a US constitution loving Libertarian? I consider Nazis and Commies kissing cousins. It’s said the only thing Hitler and Stalin disagreed on was economics.

And Nazis and Commies love to burn things to the ground.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, david75090 said:

I guess I'm not keeping up, but why would anti-fascists want to set fires?

To create anarchy. It's similar to terrorists; degrade confidence in the established government.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

To create anarchy. It's similar to terrorists; degrade confidence in the established government.

Don't need anarchists or terrorists for that to happen.

Edited by hiflier

10 minutes ago, hiflier said:

While our system of government is not perfect. I would not want to live somewhere else.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, hiflier said:

For some, correct. But, by definition, both anarchists and terrorists conduct their operations to instill and increase that degradation of confidence in government wider and deeper. The irony is that they themselves seek to establish a new or different government in place with themselves in control, as if the very tactics they used cannot be used against them in return. This is why such revolutionaries tend to be much more brutal than the government they replaced.

Fortunately, the U.S. government has accumulated a couple of centuries of experience dealing with such people, along g with a host of others. I feel pretty confident in my bets........

• Upvote 1

Fires like this is just a regular thing. In Alaska, three-ten years after a fire is where you want to be for moose season. The regrowth is like a smorgasbord for them.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, norseman said:

While our system of government is not perfect. I would not want to live somewhere else.

Nor would I, Norseman :) Nor would I.

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic