Bigfoots and Forest Fires

Madison5716

BFF Patron

is that you?    I only have a couple of pictures of me with aircraft and crews.    Not sure what I was thinking not to get more pictures of the young warrier.     Seems like a lifetime ago.    I retired in 1989.   I got neighbors who have no clue I was in the military.   

Fires like these were partially worsened by the horrible snowpocalypse of 3 winters ago. The forests were TRASHED, i think every 5th tree looked diwn in the lowerelevations. Now, 3 years of dead, dry wood just went up in flames.

NorthWind and I tried to retrieve game cameras last weekend, and all roads into the woods thataway were road blocked, with warnings. 

We found something better, though, but it's a secret until we explore further 😉 

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I only have a couple of pictures of me with aircraft and crews.    Not sure what I was thinking not to get more pictures of the young warrier.     

I know that feeling. I worked in Hollywood for a decade with big names and I have few photos. We were actively discouraged from taking pictures due to confidentiality issues and eliminating spoilers. Grrr....

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
8 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

is that you?    I only have a couple of pictures of me with aircraft and crews.    Not sure what I was thinking not to get more pictures of the young warrier.     Seems like a lifetime ago.    I retired in 1989.   I got neighbors who have no clue I was in the military.   

4 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

I know that feeling. I worked in Hollywood for a decade with big names and I have few photos. We were actively discouraged from taking pictures due to confidentiality issues and eliminating spoilers. Grrr....

Yes, that's me.  1991 or so.  Stationed on a Top Secret little base on Kauai.  Oh to be young and dumb again...

And while there, I was cast as a paid extra in the movie "Flight of the Intruder".  It was a blast.  I got to meet and hang out with Willem Dafoe, Danny Glover, and Roseanna Arquette.  I never did get a photo of them or an autograph.  I just treated them as normal people and they seemed to appreciate that.  Roseanna Arquette really appreciated it...  Willem Dafoe was one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.  Danny Glover, not so much.

E5nHGGB7Tq2H7uKKj71T_Q.jpg

1 hour ago, PNWexplorer said:

Yes, that's me.  1991 or so.  Stationed on a Top Secret little base on Kauai.......

That sounds like one sweet duty assignment. I'd still have Kauaian soil under my fingernails from when they dragged me out of there.

11 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

NorthWind and I tried to retrieve game cameras last weekend, and all roads into the woods thataway were road blocked, with warnings. 

We found something better, though, but it's a secret until we explore further 😉

Secrets are fun. Please do tell when the timing is right. Anxiously waiting with baited breath!

• Upvote 1