Survivorman Bigfoot. New Episode.

BlackRockBigfoot

BlackRockBigfoot

It looks like Les Stroud dropped another episode of Survivorman Bigfoot directly onto his YouTube channel.  From what I gather, he filmed it 3 years after the 5th season of his show where he searched for Bigfoot.

• Upvote 1
BlackRockBigfoot

Love him or hate him, Standing is the reason that Meldrum had his very own Bigfoot sighting.  And he has been taken seriously by some pretty big names in the field.

There's something going on there with Todd.  I honestly think that he has experienced activity in the past and knows that the creatures are there.  Did he fake evidence in order to try and prove it to other people?  Who knows?

The whole Standing story is completely muddled.  People claim that his sister is a special effects artist and made the 'muppet heads' for him.  But, his sister is a MAKEUP ARTIST.  Like eye shadow and stuff.  Not a type of career that lends itself towards movie quality physical effects.  

The one picture that people trot out to disprove him is the one that a 3rd party digitally removed the branches and leaves partially obscuring the creatures face.  They then talk about how fake it looks.  Of course it looks like that.  It looks digitally altered because it is digitally altered...just not by Todd. 

I know all of the arguments about the blinking eyes and the differences between the faces.  However, Les Stroud featured Standing in this latest video...so he must still believe that Standing has some degree of credibility.  

You can tell by watching him that Todd is probably somewhere on the spectrum.  I am sure that he rubs a lot of people the wrong way just by the way he interacts with them.  

I am not going to say that I believe him.  But, hating Todd Standing is one those things that people in the Bigfoot field believe that they have to do...so they do it.  Like the concept of Bigfoot clans.  It's just something that people believe in because other people have said it enough.

I think that there is something going on in the area that he researches and I think that he has witnessed it.  There is something to the Todd Standing story.

Sure Standing may have had actual encounters with BF and that may have lead him to hoax some evidence to gather proof. Once he has crossed that line, IMO, you can’t go back.

This field is ripe with hoaxers and excusing one because initially he was sincere doesn’t fly with me personally.   

My problem with Todd is that he conned a man that I have an acquaintance with into taking him into his active research area under sworn silence and then, Todd brought in everybody and ruined the area for the guy I know. Todd using props to photograph just reinforces what I don't like about him.

I believe that Todd has seen them and possibly captured a little video, because the area was active and may still be.

• Upvote 1
Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for sharing the video.

I am also not a fan of manufacturing evidence.

In my opinion he is full of himself and has crossed the line.

Associating with Meldrum does nothing for his credibility. I will leave it at that.

BlackRockBigfoot

My question is...why did Meldrum, Bindernagel, and Stroud jump on the Standing train.  If they are not considered authorities in their fields...well, that just took out a pretty big chunk of our A Team who we trot out when we try and prove some legitimacy of this field.    If he faked those Bigfoot heads...who helped him?  It wasn't his sister.  

I honestly think that the heads are fake. However, there is something more to the Standing story.  He honestly doesn't seem like the type capable if hoaxing the three guys that I mentioned.  He doesn't seem capable of faking the evidence alone.  Did he have help?  Was he just the face of a group effort?

There's something more to the Standing story...

I'm sorry I brought it up, but it's part of the beginning of Stroud's interest. I think Les is sincere and a good guy, though.

It's like Doug said, one guy told another guy, who told Standing, who dragged all of those celebrities out there in his efforts to be "the one" with the proof. There's a recent podcast I will link that interviews the original person (who used to post about it here) telling the story of how one hot spot became a circus due to TS. He had genuine experience, but definitely hoaxed at times previously and pissed a lot of people off. IMO, he's kinda nuts.

https://squatchdetective.weebly.com/todd-standing--sylvanic.html

https://www.bigfootandbeyondpodcast.com/listen

• Upvote 1

When you go to bigfootandbeyondpodcast, be sure to click on Big Fur! to get the story, but also the whole podcast is great and I believe all on this site would benefit from listening to the whole thing.

I have always had good conversations with Ken, as we are both taxidermists that have been doing it well over 30 years and have an interest in bigfoot.

• Upvote 1

AHA! Where were you ten years ago when I was looking for real glass Barn Owl eyes for my owl andirons? When I bought them (antiques) thy came with clear monochrome green glass eyes. I ordered a pair of 22mm yellow eyes with black pupils from a taxidermist and when they arrived they looked great but were plastic and I was hesitant to use them installed in the andirons in front of a hot fire. So....do "they" even make real glass ones?

Edited by hiflier

Yes they do.

I prefer glass to the plastic ones. The plastic ones are usually acrylic which is the same material as plexiglass.

You can order real glass eyes from taxidermy supply companies. Depending on where you live you might be able to pick them up at the company if they are close enough. I usually used Research Mannikins here in Oregon and would get them in in the mail in a day or two or spend the 45 min each way to pick up larger amounts of supplies. A quick google search will give you several suppliers and most if not all, will have them. You can call most of them to ask questions also. Some names are Vandyke's, Research Mannikins, McKenzie, Joe Coombs, Headquarters and several others. When I first started in the 1980's, glass was all that you could get.

21 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

My question is...why did Meldrum, Bindernagel, and Stroud jump on the Standing train.  If they are not considered authorities in their fields...well, that just took out a pretty big chunk of our A Team who we trot out when we try and prove some legitimacy of this field.    If he faked those Bigfoot heads...who helped him?  It wasn't his sister.  

I honestly think that the heads are fake. However, there is something more to the Standing story.  He honestly doesn't seem like the type capable if hoaxing the three guys that I mentioned.  He doesn't seem capable of faking the evidence alone.  Did he have help?  Was he just the face of a group effort?

There's something more to the Standing story...

I got the impression that Standing jumped on Meldrums and Bindernagel's train.   They were polite enough to tollerate it for a while.   Standing needed their credibility to support his agenda.   The interaction between them hit bottom at one Ocean Shores convention.    It was painful to be there.  As far as Meldrums supposed encounter,   with Standing present at the time,   I certainly question if it was real.     Standing most likely used his girlfriend or wifes help (i don't know what their relationship is) to fabricate the puppet heads.   That said I think he did have authentic encounters at one point.      Problem being if you are trying to create a full length movie for profit,   BF is not a cooperative actor.  

• Upvote 1
BlackRockBigfoot
16 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I got the impression that Standing jumped on Meldrums and Bindernagel's train.   They were polite enough to tollerate it for a while.   Standing needed their credibility to support his agenda.   The interaction between them hit bottom at one Ocean Shores convention.    It was painful to be there.  As far as Meldrums supposed encounter,   with Standing present at the time,   I certainly question if it was real.     Standing most likely used his girlfriend or wifes help (i don't know what their relationship is) to fabricate the puppet heads.   That said I think he did have authentic encounters at one point.      Problem being if you are trying to create a full length movie for profit,   BF is not a cooperative actor.  

I think that it went beyond just politeness.  They were in his movie and Meldrum even did a podcast with Standing for awhile.  

I thought that it was his sister who was the make-up artist?  

I just think that there is more going on here.  I don't think that Standing is doing all of this stuff alone.

I think that the Standing story is a weird mix of actual activity and fakery...and we don't know all of the parties involved.

@JKH@DougI will check out the podcast you guys posted about.  Thanks for the links.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot