Survivorman Bigfoot. New Episode.

BlackRockBigfoot

It's a very interesting podcast. Bobo and Cliff asking questions to the one who was there from the beginning. 

I had already heard some of the story from Ken, so I appreciated learning more about it.

• Upvote 1
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor

@Doug

The Big Fur episode is the one that discusses Standing?

BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, Doug said:

It's a very interesting podcast. Bobo and Cliff asking questions to the one who was there from the beginning. 

I had already heard some of the story from Ken, so I appreciated learning more about it.

31 minutes ago, JKH said:

Indirectly, yes. Here's a link to a discussion here when that stuff was rather newly public, specifically pages 5-7 or so.

https://bigfootforums.com/topic/46460-survivorman-bigfoot-a-z/page/6/

Much obliged to you both.

• 2 months later...
On 9/15/2020 at 7:41 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

So far, lot's of mind speak and a Bigfoot named 'Guardian'.

That got my attention! I thought Les had a single mindspeak encounter and he backed off from the topic for good.

On 9/16/2020 at 8:03 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Love him or hate him, Standing is the reason that Meldrum had his very own Bigfoot sighting.  And he has been taken seriously by some pretty big names in the field.

There's something going on there with Todd.  I honestly think that he has experienced activity in the past and knows that the creatures are there.  Did he fake evidence in order to try and prove it to other people?  Who knows?

...Les Stroud featured Standing in this latest video...so he must still believe that Standing has some degree of credibility. 

I think that there is something going on in the area that he researches and I think that he has witnessed it.  There is something to the Todd Standing story.

You probably know this already, plus there is another thread where Standing is discussed to death. At some point, Standing heard about a high activity area. Very difficult to get to but reliable. He's an uncanny outdoorsman. He not only found area of activity, he parlayed that into a career in Bigfootery. That was his golden passkey. Without it, he's just a guy on the trail.  It's obvious his early footage is hoaxed. That is maybe why he made Discovering Bigfoot on Amazon (which provides him a decent income), to try and redeem his early mistakes without admitting it.

He's not a talented filmmaker though and his efforts drove the Bigfoots away from the reliable activity location. Now he has nothing except for Discovering Bigfoot which keeps him in the public bigfootery domain. 

Meldrum put up with him because the high activity site was a potential means to collect evidence. Standing went overboard with trying to get Meldrum's endorsement. Looks like Meldrum closed that door at least mostly until Todd delivers better evidence.

Stroud is somewhat suspect, given that he has a popular reality show. That means he needs content to keep income rolling in if he can come up with something that drives people to watch the show.

On 9/16/2020 at 8:10 AM, Twist said:

Sure Standing may have had actual encounters with BF and that may have lead him to hoax some evidence to gather proof. Once he has crossed that line, IMO, you can’t go back.

Can't say it any better!

On 9/16/2020 at 12:35 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

My question is...why did Meldrum, Bindernagel, and Stroud jump on the Standing train.  If they are not considered authorities in their fields...well, that just took out a pretty big chunk of our A Team who we trot out when we try and prove some legitimacy of this field.    If he faked those Bigfoot heads...who helped him?  It wasn't his sister.  

I honestly think that the heads are fake. However, there is something more to the Standing story.  He honestly doesn't seem like the type capable if hoaxing the three guys that I mentioned.  He doesn't seem capable of faking the evidence alone.  Did he have help?  Was he just the face of a group effort?

There's something more to the Standing story...

Seems reasonable he had help. Everything he does is amateur. Though he did pull off 1 or 2 convincing segments in Discovering Bigfoot. That's basically all he has to show for his efforts that holds up.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Downvote 1
  • 1 month later...
Madison5716
BFF Donor
On 9/16/2020 at 8:03 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

People claim that his sister is a special effects artist and made the 'muppet heads' for him.  But, his sister is a MAKEUP ARTIST.

You can do AMAZING things with makeup. Makeup Artists do more than eye shadow. I worked for two seasons on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. They can do MAGIC. 

Also, I do think that Standing has had experiences. I also think he's faked a bunch. So... buyer beware. 

I've never seen any Les Stroud episodes, so maybe I'll start with this one. 

• Thanks 1
wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

In my opinion, Stroud does the best of the sasquatch-hunting series.  He's a real-deal survivalist and does not have a camera crew. His is his camera crew. I've always thought the best results would be achieved by having the fewest number of people in the woods.

I'm not crazy about the episodes with Standing as I much prefer him being alone when he's out there. He does it his way with no distractions.

Believer57
BFF Donor
2 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

In my opinion, Stroud does the best of the sasquatch-hunting series.

I agree. Les has a way of making you feel like a part of the adventure. The only other episode I have seen besides Season 6 on Bigfoot was a clip when his truck rolled over a few times in Mongolia and he was really busted up. His only option was to return home and he ran into Steven Seagal at the airport. When he mimicked the actor, I had a good laugh! :biggrin:

BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
14 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

You can do AMAZING things with makeup. Makeup Artists do more than eye shadow. I worked for two seasons on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. They can do MAGIC. 

Also, I do think that Standing has had experiences. I also think he's faked a bunch. So... buyer beware. 

I've never seen any Les Stroud episodes, so maybe I'll start with this one. 

I have dated a couple of girls who do makeup for big budget Hollywood films.  They can work wizardry with a brush, but they are not capable of animatronics like many accuse Standing of having fabricated.  

I am with you in believing that Standing's story is a mix of truth and hoax.  I just think that something else is going on there... what, I don't know. Heck, he is overzealous and somewhere on the spectrum.  He could have parties involved who are more sophisticated than he who are hoaxing him as well.  Or, it could all be a big act and he could be hoaxing everything.  

Believer57
BFF Donor
2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I am with you in believing that Standing's story is a mix of truth and hoax.  I just think that something else is going on there... what, I don't know.

Agreed. I was sort of eluding to this in my thread on him that was closed. There was considerable passion on both sides of the issue but I wanted more than opinion. It seems that we'll have to wait and see as he claims he will be back out in the field this summer. Good old "winky" (aka Jake) will be older and won't look the same. I don't know what the chances are of finding the same family or tribe.

Arvedis
12 hours ago, Believer57 said:

Agreed. I was sort of eluding to this in my thread on him that was closed. There was considerable passion on both sides of the issue but I wanted more than opinion. It seems that we'll have to wait and see as he claims he will be back out in the field this summer. Good old "winky" (aka Jake) will be older and won't look the same. I don't know what the chances are of finding the same family or tribe.

He' not going to find anything. He never found BF to begin with. He found a reliable location from someone else. That is where he claims all of the events took place. Now that he has driven that clan away, he's just another guy who talks to the camera while stumbling around the forest. He does have a following through, which means he can eke out a living with his broadcasts. Most Bigfooters don't have that luxury.

I posted this elsewhere as well. It's just a snapshot of BF influencers on Instagram. A comparable list of FB and Twitter followings will look very different since a large segment of the BF community doesn't really do Instagram.  I like Instagram because it's a better tool than FB or twitter to scan for interesting happenings in any field you are interested in.

Just updated. If anyone has a link to add of an influencer, please do. Tons of podcasts. I only included a few.

Les Stroud 72.7k followers
Steve Isdahl - How to Hunt 27.2k followers
Sasquatch Chronicles 22.3k followers
Todd Standing 12.2k followers
Cliff Barackman 11.9k followers

Lyle Blackburn 5,976 followers

Shannon LeGro 5,386 followers

Mireya Mayor 3,657 followers

Matt Moneymaker 3,081 followers

Cliff and Bobo's podcast 3,005 followers

Loren Coleman 1,703 followers

Nite Callers Bigfoot podcast 1,532 followers
Russell Acord 1,400 followers

Ken Gerhard 1,093 followers

Sasquatch Syndicate podcast 1,050 followers

Ron Morehead 928 followers

Stacy Brown Jr. 920 followers
Dr. Meldrum 907 followers

Squatch Detective 880 followers

Mountain Beast Mysteries 817 followers 

Rictor Riolo 816 followers

Shane Corson (Monster X Radio) 605 followers

Squatchermetrics 574 followers
Todd Disotell 276 followers

Sasquatch Ontario 190 followers
BFRO 180 followers
Dr. J 143 followers

Dr. Igor Burtsev 129 followers

SheSquatchers 126 followers

Edited by Arvedis
Madison5716
BFF Donor

Yes, animatronics are a whole different set of skills, agreed!

Believer57
BFF Donor
9 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Just updated. If anyone has a link to add of an influencer, please do.

Thanks for the list! I don't follow Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter but I am happy to see that I am at least acquainted with most of the names on it.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
11 hours ago, Arvedis said:

He' not going to find anything. He never found BF to begin with. He found a reliable location from someone else. That is where he claims all of the events took place. Now that he has driven that clan away, he's just another guy who talks to the camera while stumbling around the forest. He does have a following through, which means he can eke out a living with his broadcasts. Most Bigfooters don't have that luxury.

I posted this elsewhere as well. It's just a snapshot of BF influencers on Instagram. A comparable list of FB and Twitter followings will look very different since a large segment of the BF community doesn't really do Instagram.  I like Instagram because it's a better tool than FB or twitter to scan for interesting happenings in any field you are interested in.

Just updated. If anyone has a link to add of an influencer, please do. Tons of podcasts. I only included a few.

Les Stroud 72.7k followers
Steve Isdahl - How to Hunt 27.2k followers
Sasquatch Chronicles 22.3k followers
Todd Standing 12.2k followers
Cliff Barackman 11.9k followers

Lyle Blackburn 5,976 followers

Shannon LeGro 5,386 followers

Mireya Mayor 3,657 followers

Matt Moneymaker 3,081 followers

Cliff and Bobo's podcast 3,005 followers

Loren Coleman 1,703 followers

Nite Callers Bigfoot podcast 1,532 followers
Russell Acord 1,400 followers

Ken Gerhard 1,093 followers

Sasquatch Syndicate podcast 1,050 followers

Ron Morehead 928 followers

Stacy Brown Jr. 920 followers
Dr. Meldrum 907 followers

Squatch Detective 880 followers

Mountain Beast Mysteries 817 followers 

Rictor Riolo 816 followers

Shane Corson (Monster X Radio) 605 followers

Squatchermetrics 574 followers
Todd Disotell 276 followers

Sasquatch Ontario 190 followers
BFRO 180 followers
Dr. J 143 followers

Dr. Igor Burtsev 129 followers

SheSquatchers 126 followers

My research partner/old lady has an Instagram page that she posts video links in our research outings and whatnot to... although it isn't as active as it once was.  She also deleted something like 2k followers over a 2 month period, so her engagement isn't what it used to be either.  The constant stream of creepy messages finally got to her and she purged her page.

I don't really do anything with social media or showcasing our research efforts, but she likes doing it.  I figure that's a small price to pay for having a partner that not only tolerates my obsession but shares it.

Instagram is beginning the slide into Facebook territory right now, so a lot of people are slacking on their accounts.  Same thing with YouTube...her efforts there have slacked off as well due to YouTube policies.  

Instagram didn't have the quantity of Bigfoot related activity that Facebook had, but it was usually higher quality.  The Facebook groups are all but unusable, due to the the peculiar attitude of page admins and the constant stream of babble and Bigfoot memes.  

There is a North Carolina Bigfoot page that I follow just to use as a potential source for witness accounts, and every other day the guy who started the page is posting these strange rants about how no page members are supposed to speak to the press and the problems caused by his celebrity in the Bigfoot world.  The celebrity caused by starting a Bigfoot page with maybe 2k members.