Survivorman Bigfoot. New Episode.

BlackRockBigfoot

Arvedis

I think there are plenty of online trolls on all social media platforms. Most of them leave males alone. Women have a rough time with the internet trolls.

FB is ok and probably essential at this stage. Instagram photo feed is still better if you know where to plug in. The women just need to be fast on the block and report button.

BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor

Squatch_me_now has a really good Instagram page.  Kind of like a clearinghouse for Sasquatch news.

Airdale

4 hours ago, Believer57 said:

Thanks for the list! I don't follow Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter but I am happy to see that I am at least acquainted with most of the names on it.

Cheers!

WRT social media, wish there were more of us. I have a Facebook account to stay in touch with distant family and friends, shipmates from my Navy days and my local camera club, no Instagram, no Twitter.

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

I think there are plenty of online trolls on all social media platforms. Most of them leave males alone. Women have a rough time with the internet trolls.

FB is ok and probably essential at this stage. Instagram photo feed is still better if you know where to plug in. The women just need to be fast on the block and report button.

Trolls are the bane of all online conversation and they exist only because they are enabled to exist by everyone who reacts to their posts. This is a pet peeve of mine and I've gotten on my soap box about it more than once here. On a previous occasion someone posted in reply that they can't ignore the challenge; it's not a challenge, it's simply someone who gets their jollies seeing their words garner a response by being contrarian. I know conspiracy theories exist that some trolls are paid shills working for some group or agency that doesn't want folks getting too close to some truth or another, and that likely has at least some basis in reality. Regardless, ignore them all, block them, report them if they step beyond the bounds of whatever rules govern the forum where they are taking up valuable server space; they will soon disappear like the wispy memory of a bad dream. If you keep feeding their twisted egos you are an accessory as guilty as the get away driver for a gang of bank robbers.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Instagram is beginning the slide into Facebook territory right now, so a lot of people are slacking on their accounts.  Same thing with YouTube...her efforts there have slacked off as well due to YouTube policies. 

Isn't the former owned by the latter? I don't know much about it, but the slide seems inevitable. What ytube policies are problematic?

Generally speaking, social media is a cesspool and seems to cause a great deal of mental instability.

I find most of the info I value on ytube, but context is really important, and it's necessary to be very choosy.

• Upvote 1
Arvedis

FB has owned instagram for a while. Likewise Google has owned YouTube for a while. I'm sure they have to deal with overlords but their tech is unique. I wouldn't put it past FB to merge instagram into the FB platform but instagram had it's own ecosystem. I think they realize it's wise to keep it separate. They encourage FB accounts be linked though.

As far as trolls, my pet peeve is Yahoo mail which is constantly under attack. It's crap, I know. Yahoo sucks, always has. Crappy search engine, crappy everything. Bunch of wanks became triple digit millionaires by figuring out how to hyperlink using htnl in 1995 with Netscape. Bah. 

And... Seriously, Mark Cuban never did a thing in his entire life except sell crappy tech to Yahoo for billions. The fleece of the century.

Edited by Arvedis
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
3 hours ago, Arvedis said:

FB is ok and probably essential at this stage. Instagram photo feed is still better if you know where to plug in. 

I don't know how essential Facebook is for me.  I literally only have it for a couple of knife groups and to watch out for personal accounts from my region.  

The inflated egos are insane.  You have a Facebook group with a couple of hundred casual members.  There's no need for these constant proclamations... demanding that members follow all of these arbitrary rules in real life.  I know that people laugh them off, but it's ridiculous.  I am sorry that your mother didn't love you enough, but this constant search for approbation is irritating.  

The online larping doesn't really help the public image of those of us who are actually openly out there in the field.  Now that some of the groups are starting to dress up in quasi-military style uniforms... it's cringey and makes the whole subject look like a game.  

Rant over. Sorry about drifting off topic.  Back to Survivorman.

• Upvote 2
Arvedis

FB groups are very circular. They get overwhelmed with the same stuff. Has anyone seen this? Yes, only a thousand times. Too many noobs. Some good research to be found but you have to really curate your feed. Otherwise, you can overlook the good stuff in the mass of interruptive stuff. Dumb posts. Thanks for the add, etc. Bah.

Gambacha1311

I saw this video in my list of random things related to my searches I might like and clicked on it. TS takes out this random kid (for free apparently) for his youtube channel to look for bigfoot. At around the 1:30 he walked back to Todd's vehicle to see what he was doing I don't think he knew he was walking up to see what he was doing and the girl he was with was holding some gorilla gloves. Super suspect he asks him about it but he plays it off like his brother or someone was playing a  joke on him and they were just in his car. Who does that? I'm not calling him a hoaxer cause I don't know but this is pretty strange to have when your about to go look for bigfoot.

• 3 weeks later...
Believer57
BFF Donor

There are three new podcasts to go along with the Survivorman Bigfoot series. I've listened to the first two so far and was very interested in his summary of Todd Standing's work. Les also tries to promote his albums in these podcasts but you can just fast forward through his songs. He's not a bad singer but I'm here for his Bigfoot experience. Les has a great head on his shoulders and he has made a good living from using his various skill sets. Enjoy!