2020 BFF Census

gigantor

2020 BFF Census  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, BobbyO said:

I'm probably the only forum member that when shaved, still gets ID'd ! :lol:

Three days after my fifty third birthday in 2004 I was carded at Wally World; the checker relented when I tipped the brim of my fedora to expose the expanse of bare scalp it protected. She was a youngster so I hadn't expected her to grok the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club patch on my flight jacket. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Lol.  I know, right?

I remember when @Incorrigible1mentioned his age the first time after I became active in the forum.  I didn't believe it.  His posts made me think that he was a much younger person.

Never grow old, Incorrigible!

Thank you, gentlemen. I'm "seasoned." Here's a photo from '75. I'd just gotten a haircut to get a job.

1975.jpg

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Thank you, gentlemen. I'm "seasoned." Here's a photo from '75. I'd just gotten a haircut to get a job.

1975.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa!

Save some chicks for the rest of us, man!

4 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Whoa whoa whoa!

Save some chicks for the rest of us, man!

Pack of smokes under my sleeve, PBR on roof of '69 Sport Satellite convertible. 21, and foolishly thinks he knows it all.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Pack of smokes under my sleeve, PBR on roof of '69 Sport Satellite convertible. 21, and foolishly thinks he knows it all.

It's like you are straight out of an S.E. Hinton book or something.

21 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

I was riding my big wheel around in 75 and was drooling over a Evel Knievel bmx bike in the Sears and Roebuck catalog!

My cousin had a 57 Chevy with a eight track tape in it that would take me on ride sometimes!

6 hours ago, Airdale said:

736128683_MeandmyA-7E.thumb.jpg.facb911a473e876a7fa5eef5cacfefb2.jpg

Me and my A-7E aboard U.S.S. Enterprise somewhere in the Tonkin Gulf, late '71 early '72, age 20.

Did you get to fly?

7 hours ago, Airdale said:

Me and my A-7E aboard U.S.S. Enterprise somewhere in the Tonkin Gulf, late '71 early '72, age 20

@Airdale

That's the one jet that scared me the most on the flight deck. When i first went into the Navy and it was my first time on the flight deck I stayed well clear of the whale. I remember seeing that movie they showed you while in the Navy. That guy getting sucked in the intake and he was not even that close to it's intake of the front of the jet. We be moving jets around the flight deck like it was nothing and you would have to have your head on a swivel. It was crazy.   Seeing your photo it looks like you were a plane captain or a brown shirt. Well any how happy late veterans day Brother.

• Upvote 4

Admin

The Corsair was a mighty fine plane. It served all the way from Vietnam to Gulf War I, with both the Air Force and Navy using it. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, norseman said:

Did you get to fly?

Nope, I was a plane captain, what the Army and Air Force call a crew chief. The A-7 is a single seat plane so no ride along. Frankly, catapulting off a carrier has never been on my bucket list. 

3 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Well any how happy late veterans day Brother.

Back at you shipmate! 

• Upvote 3

On 10/15/2020 at 11:34 AM, gigantor said:

I can't believe some people actually prefer Pepsi over Coke!

I bet it's the same people who prefer pan pizza... 

Frieks!  :)

Just pan pizza or did you mean deep dish Chicago style pizza?  That would definitely be a foodie mood thing. Deep dish is outrageously good.  Neapolitan, Sicilian, even trader joe's gluten free all have its time and place.  

No coke, pepsi!

Edited by Arvedis

Me, drunk in a bar in the Philippines, holding a beer and a glass of a favorite local drink called a Mojo.  On my first deployment in `91.

CEUOyIU9TdqMITq8d9pmmw.jpg

What's really puzzling is why I am apparently wearing a wedding ring.  I didn't get married until I was two years out of the Navy in `94.  What happens in Olongapo City, stays in Olongapo City.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PNWexplorer said:

Me, drunk in a bar in the Philippines, holding a beer and a glass of a favorite local drink called a Mojo.  On my first deployment in `91.

CEUOyIU9TdqMITq8d9pmmw.jpg

That couldn't have been too long before the Phillipine government "asked" us to pack up and go home. Love the shades by the way, kind of a steam punk vibe!

1 minute ago, Airdale said:

That couldn't have been too long before the Phillipine government "asked" us to pack up and go home. Love the shades by the way, kind of a steam punk vibe!

Yeah, I was there to facilitate the evacuation and rescue of military dependents following the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo.  It basically wiped out our bases there, and I don't think we bothered to rebuild.

This is me arriving shortly after the eruption and the Navy base is in the background...

xRfr4qyHTR-otyPevqWVzg.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor unpinned this topic