2020 BFF Census

gigantor

2020 BFF Census  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, PNWexplorer said:

Yeah, I was there to facilitate the evacuation and rescue of military dependents following the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo.  It basically wiped out our bases there, and I don't think we bothered to rebuild.

This is me arriving shortly after the eruption and the Navy base is in the background...

xRfr4qyHTR-otyPevqWVzg.jpg

That looks like when the Seabees originally built the Cubi Point airfield in the early fifties (that's a fascinating story by the way, they moved most of a mountain into the bay, one of the largest engineering projects in modern history). I spent five months there on detached duty and if you weren't standing on the flight deck to give it perspective I wouldn't know what I was looking at! I think the CVW-14 Quonsett hut we operated from would have been somewhere in the lower right part of the photo. What ship were you aboard?

Just now, Airdale said:

That looks like when the Seabees originally built the Cubi Point airfield in the early fifties (that's a fascinating story by the way, they moved most of a mountain into the bay, one of the largest engineering projects in modern history). I spent five months there on detached duty and if you weren't standing on the flight deck to give it perspective I wouldn't know what I was looking at! I think the CVW-14 Quonsett hut we operated from would have been somewhere in the lower right part of the photo. What ship were you aboard?

I was on the Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72).  I was in the AIMD shop as an AMS3.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 3:37 PM, Trogluddite said:

Well, since we're all putting up pictures of when we were young 'uns.  Penn State ROTC 80-84 timeframe. 

My wife has asked me where I've buried this body as my six pack is now behind a keg or two.....

Young Me.jpg

Yeah, but we enjoyed that beer. Besides, there's not many civilian jobs that burn calories like sprinting an eighth of a mile down the flight deck into a 45 knot wind with 66 pounds of tie down chains in a canvas haversack and a 13 pound wing lock in each hand. 12 on, 12 off for 13 days then a stand down day, repeat, then 6 days in port, repeat for 8 months. In retrospect I wouldn't have missed it for the world, but I know I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have while it was happening.

On 11/7/2020 at 3:12 PM, BobbyO said:

Wow, just 12% of us are 40 or under !

Yeah, yer outnumbered so ye young whippersnappers best be mindin' yer p's and q's an' offerin' up some decent reespect iffin' ya knowed what's good fer ye. ;) Now I don't knowed 'bout the reespectin' part but I could do with some undivided adulation once ina while iffin' you get the time.

Edited by hiflier
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Yeah, yer outnumbered so ye young whippersnappers best be mindin' yer p's and q's an' offerin' up some decent reespect iffin' ya knowed what's good fer ye. ;) Now I don't knowed 'bout the reespectin' part but I could do with a healthy dose of some honest adulation once ina while iffin' you get the time.

Edited by hiflier

Which one of these is not like the others:) 1 of the 5 mac users too...

Angry young man back in the early 90's, somewhere in CO locking down an amoco office, with a bunch of fellow ruffians.

img%5D

Edited by Kiwakwe
  • Upvote 1

I would have voted for coke, but pepsi was on a short list of companies that didn't donate to BLM.  I don't actually remember how I found Bigfoot Forums its been so long, over 5 years, so I just put another website, likely correct.  

Admin
2 minutes ago, Somerset said:

Can someone tell a Brit what the difference is between New York and Pan pizza? 

New York style

Pizza.jpg

Pan Pizza

Pizza_Hut_adds_cheese.jpg?1519748014&f=1

2 hours ago, Somerset said:

Can someone tell a Brit what the difference is between New York and Pan pizza? 

If you like thick buttery bread? Pan is the only way to fly.

If you like just toppings that are held together by an over cooked tortilla? Thin crust.

23 hours ago, norseman said:

If you like thick buttery bread? Pan is the only way to fly.

If you like just toppings that are held together by an over cooked tortilla? Thin crust.

That makes me New York then.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some clarifications...

Diet Coke and a local family run Sicilian greasy pizza with bacon and mushrooms, please.

I am a proponent in the sense that the weight of the best 'evidence' (PGF,prints/tracks/audio, thousands of witnesses, First Nations cultural awareness, etc), along with anthropological plausibility, lead me to conclude this is very probably an unclassified relic hominid.

I'm a skeptic, initially, when it comes to specific stories on podcasts, etc.  I want to have a high bar passed to accept an account.

Also, besides Rock there are Blues, old Country, Western Swing, Jazz and some Red Dirt Americana.

Edited by Rainshadow

• gigantor unpinned this topic