2020 BFF Census

gigantor

2020 BFF Census  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Admin
On 11/7/2020 at 4:55 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Three others that prefer classical music.  I am impressed.

It's the only music you can listen while writing code. I prefer big orchestras over solos, cellos and violins over pianos. Tchaikovsky over Mozart, etc.

• Upvote 1

Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D major, Op35, performed by Jascha Heifetz in 1957 with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra , is my ALL TIME favorite violin piece....EVER. Nearly 30 minutes of pure genius :) 

• Upvote 2

Classical was all I wanted to listen to when I was healing from my "year of sugeries". I found it so deeply moving, beautiful, and healing. As necessary as water or air.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gigantor said:

.......I prefer big orchestras over solos, cellos and violins over pianos. Tchaikovsky over Mozart, etc.

I've come to really enjoy piano and violin duos.

• Upvote 1

Wow. Now I am really impressed with all of you.  Great taste  in real music. I prefer piano as a matter of background training I suppose. 

My dearly departed mother insisted on piano lessons for me and my sisters. I don't know why. She played the guitar.

• Haha 1

She was hoping you would find "The Lost Chord" maybe? Sort of the music version of the alchemist's Philosopher's Stone.

Edited by hiflier

On 1/4/2021 at 7:23 PM, gigantor said:

It's the only music you can listen while writing code. I prefer big orchestras over solos, cellos and violins over pianos. Tchaikovsky over Mozart, etc.

I listen to heavy metal all day while coding. 

• Haha 1

Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin (I love the Gershwin bros) is my favorite song. Not technically classical, not technically jazz but utter perfection. I also love waltzes, like Shostakovich Waltz #2 in a loop for hours as background music. My fave class in college was a Classical Music Appreciation class that turned me on to the great composers. I'm totally into Old Hollywood, and I love all those composers, too - Berlin, Kern etc.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Thanks 1

• gigantor unpinned this topic