Why does the Skunk ape only have 4 toes?

Guest Spooky24

1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

@BlackRockBigfoot before I finished reading your post with the pics, I was thinking...looks like a bad cartoon and then you mentioned the cartoon look as well.

Almost over exaggerated for a "wow" effect.

Yeah.  That's what I thought.

The tracks that we found looked more like the foot on the right, but broader.  Toes were thicker and splayed a bit. 

Btw, do yourself a favor and don't google 'four toed feet'.

72dc9g1d2pn01.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Guest Spooky24
20 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

@Spooky24

Have you had any experience with 4 toed prints?

I've never found a track unfortunately.
I'm hoping I can move to a more squatchy area once things calm down a bit.

Not all of the tracks found in places where skunk apes are believed to live have four toes. Over the years, I have seen images and videos of five toed prints from the Southern U.S. states as well. It seems like the majority of images out there regarding four toed prints are all of the same casts. Some of those four toed casts just don't appear as something that came from an actual living creature, though.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most of them are alligators.

I see them all the time.

The supposed skunk apes here are mostly misidentified displaced primates from our hurricanes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Most of them are alligators.

I see them all the time.

The supposed skunk apes here are mostly misidentified displaced primates from our hurricanes.

I could see people who are not familiar with them misidentifying gator tracks... especially the rear prints.  Even more so if the trail drag isn't obvious.

God only knows how many different species of primates have been let loose in those swamps.  And they are probably getting bigger and stronger and smarter too, from fighting daily with giant regus, monitors, pythons, and everything else there.  

Probably got some Planet of the Apes type of stuff going on.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Skunk Ape, or Southern Bigfoot is usually reported from swamp habitat. Perhaps the four or in some cases even three toes are an adaptation to their environment. Some Skunk Ape reports also make mention of webbed feet. Which leads me to think the number of toes may be an evolutionary adaptation of some sort. 

47 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

The Skunk Ape, or Southern Bigfoot is usually reported from swamp habitat. Perhaps the four or in some cases even three toes are an adaptation to their environment. Some Skunk Ape reports also make mention of webbed feet. Which leads me to think the number of toes may be an evolutionary adaptation of some sort. 

We have found 4 toed tracks in the north Georgia mountains.  Broad, fat toes.   I always refer to them as Fred Flintstone feet.  No where near a swamp, though.