Sasquatch In The Modern Era

hiflier

BFF Patron
4 hours ago, hiflier said:

Historically, that's already been done, and done more than once. What I'm suggesting in the OP, assuming the creature is real (there's good reason to think so), is that high tech monitoring helps to keep the creature isolated from Humans. Not by controlling the creatures themselves but by controlling our access to them by knowing where they are. If not wishing the Sasquatch to become publicly proven is the goal then monitoring where they are could result in creating buffer zones that restrict Human access.

I'm not saying this is the case but I still it's worth some discussion, because how would we know one way or the other? If revenue from resource harvesting is to be maintained without interruption, wildfires not withstanding, then what might be instituted as a program to mitigate discovery? Because IMHO, proof of the existence a beast should have happened  long, long time ago. I'm not saying this to in any way mean that Sasquatch doesn't, therefore, exist. Skeptics use that argument, not me. Because I don't think it's all that cut and dried.

The OP is couched in the thinking that Sasquatch DOES exist. And so does extremely high surveillance capability. I'm bringing up the concept of using that surveillance capability to steer Humans away from the habitats that contain the creatures- even on a revolving basis depending on the creature's archetypal habits of where it goes in order to sustain itself as a species. 

Wow....that is fascinating.......So let me get this straight its entered your mind, that if Bigfoot was real it should have been discovered by now, so instead of running with that your suggesting that high tech is being used by the gubment to keep us separated?

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

As long as you're bringing that up, might that be part of a larger scheme to leave better ways to monitor Human movement?

Possibly.  If you believe the conspiracy theories around the 5G network, etc.

I think, though, if the fires are managed towards any end, it is to destroy habitat and block travel under cover, not to cause them to expose themselves, but to keep them from going certain places by rendering them unable to do so while remaining under cover.   By doing so, historical travel routes are interrupted.  

My suspicion is these fires are not quite done.   In 2014-2018, we had fires essentially every year which, taken on the whole, cut a swath across the backbone of the Cascades.   A substantial strip of timber was left on each flank.   There were no fires in 2019.    In September this year, most of the strip forming the east flank burned leaving only a very narrow corridor.    I am curious whether the west flank burns this coming summer or the one after.  I wouldn't be at all surprised.   A smaller fire, 10K acres or so, burned there this year but it did not completely close the gap.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Foxhill said:

......what if someone were to finance a Bigfoot project, you name the price, you've got 6 months to produce a body. If you fail...... you pay back all money spent plus 10%. If you succeed the backer owns all rights to everything and you'll get 10% of the profits........

If the searcher could afford to pay back the financing plus 10%, he wouldn't need the financing, and what "profits" are you expecting? If anything, there will be lawsuits to defend against.

That is really a strange proposition. Don't hold your breath for anything that silly to occur.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Foxhill said:

so instead of running with that your suggesting that high tech is being used by the gubment to keep us separated?

You said it best, Foxhill, I am suggesting it. Some folks have said these things are in every state, while others, PhD's notwithstanding, that there is an extremely low overall population. The latter is something that I would agree with. But I am also of the opinion that the species-type that folks refer to are on their way out. As in an unsustainable population. If so, then all one has to do is reduce the number of encounters or sightings until they are gone altogether. A a hypothetical, how would you handle such a "problem creature" which, if exposed as alive, would be a real threat to your sources of wealth? Go out and kill them all? O use all of the high tech resources available to you to simply make sure they remain a myth until they die out on their own?

15 minutes ago, MIB said:

I think, though, if the fires are managed towards any end, it is to destroy habitat and block travel under cover, not to cause them to expose themselves, but to keep them from going certain places by rendering them unable to do so while remaining under cover.   By doing so, historical travel routes are interrupted.

But if that was the goal (there was a lot of lightning involved?), it would be awful, and not just for the Bigfoots. But in order to know where to deploy such a program, one would have to have prior knowledge of where the travel routes were and which ones were the most heavily used- and when. That takes things back to the OP's subject of having high level surveillance monitoring capability. Even if only using the Sasquatch as a proxy target to tweak the surveillance's level of precision. The tweaking being a Homeland Security/Border Patrol issue.

Edited by hiflier

8 hours ago, norseman said:

A large network of hunters and outdoorsmen willing to take the shot. Low tech and grass roots. Nothing more. It’s a game of odds. 

Washington did this with cougars. After banning hound hunting.  They sell a cougar tag folded into a big game pkg. (deer, bear and elk) 99% of hunters never see a cougar. But 1% get lucky. It’s a strategy and it’s effective.

Look at BFRO sighting reports. A family driving forest roads to go on a picnic see a Bigfoot cross the road in front of them. If the family was armed with a satisfactory rifle and a axe? Game over. How many hundreds of these reports get filed every year?

Better odds of success, but politically impossible. The state blessing a sasquatch hunt would bring all the crazies out, attacking fish and game offices statewide.

24 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Better odds of success, but politically impossible. The state blessing a sasquatch hunt would bring all the crazies out, attacking fish and game offices statewide.

That may be true, Huntster, but any decision fish and game may make would perhaps require a reason that wouldn't open up the Bigfoot exists/doesn't exist dialogue. Like maybe "we don't want you out there doing this because it may put real Humans at risk of accidentally getting mistaken for a Bigfoot and shot. There is a Bigfoot hunting precedent for such an outcome after all.

Edited by hiflier

11 minutes ago, hiflier said:

.......any decision fish and game may make would perhaps require a reason that wouldn't open up the Bigfoot exists/doesn't exist dialogue. Like maybe "we don't want you out there doing this because it may put real Humans at risk of accidentally getting mistaken for a Bigfoot and shot........

That will be the standard reason given by fish and game to weasel out of ever authorizing such a hunt, and a good reason it is. In many states, blaze orange is lawfully required to help keep people from shooting each other. Authorize the shooting of big, hairy, ugly, and smelly bipedal creatures, and I wouldn't last two days out there without drawing fire.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Foxhill said:

No its not a luck thing any animal can be patterned and harvested, you've got people and groups claiming up to ten years of Bigfoot showing up like clockwork but they can't even produce one decent pic.... you may have jumped the shark on that one Norse.  

You do realize many proponents are equally exasperated with such claims? Habituators and paranormal bigfoot believers were provided their own section, here at BFF, to separate their outlandish claims from the main board.

Bluster your way around all us naive bigfoot people, but realize, some of us don't quite subscribe to bigfoot anywhere and everywhere, either. Chortle and couch your sneers all you wish, and welcome to the board. I hope your stay is long and fruitful. Being a betting man, I'll not cast a wager in that regard.

Edited by Incorrigible1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Authorize the shooting of big, hairy, ugly, and smelly bipedal creatures, and I wouldn't last two days out there without drawing fire

Yep, and probably no one else would either, but then, you just happen to be the Forum's very own special case :) And that's a good thing. So, on the surveillance issue, IYHO, yes on surveillance? or no "they" don't care- which is a point I've never subscribed to.

@Incorrigible1 My, aren't we prolific tonight ;)

Edited by hiflier

Good man, Inc1. What you said only needed one post anyway.

On this surveillance thing, if such a thing is going on (and why wouldn't it be- even if there were no Bigfoots) then I can easily envision audio, like in the linked article, or visual of some kind? Even if neither is in real time. If there are Bigfoots then perhaps on the audio side, tree knocks or howls and other utterances gt recorded and spit out complete with sonograms? And on the visual side, I'll bet there isn't a blurry image in the bunch.

Edited by hiflier

34 minutes ago, hiflier said:

......So, on the surveillance issue, IYHO, yes on surveillance? or no "they" don't care- which is a point I've never subscribed to.......

If these creatures exist, there is no way government has been completely ignorant of it over the past century. In my opinion, government(s) know that these creatures are human and are letting them die off as a species while playing ignorant.

• Upvote 1

We have right now the technology to actively go after these creatures where ever they may hide.  I am talking about our Gov. and that is not just the USA but other countries as well. So who is to say that they are not doing things to actively hide these creatures from the public.  Sure every so often one or a few will be seen in area where they should not be. This is when these Government entities start to go active and search these rogue creatures out and do a snatch and grab.  Where they might be moved far from civilization. 

I am only saying this since in my area I was often seeing chinooks fly over in y area of research in the past years. Then in the past years they started cutting down trees in certain areas . But it did not look like they were doing logging. They were making small clearings in certain areas and seemed like they were doing a drive. Now all I can say is that I am assuming on my part.  But my area of research is not the same after this deforestation was done. It is different now that I have been back in there hunting.  There seems to be more deer and more wild life. That spooky feeling is gone from that area when you walk to you ground blind in the early morning and when you leave at night.

I no longer see the the black chinooks flying over like they did a few years before. I do hear a small plane do a fly by which i believe might be the DNR doing a routine check on hunters from the air. I guess flir is a great tool for them . I did have a chance to talk to two DNR officers about the big guy in my state of Michigan. But I chickened out. I just figured that they would just laugh at me.  Michigan is a great place but not for Bigfoot. 

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

But in order to know where to deploy such a program, one would have to have prior knowledge of where the travel routes were and which ones were the most heavily used- and when

Agreed.    

That prior knowledge is not hard.  I figured it out from Mangani's bigfoot layer in Google Earth.    I assume they can do the same with the same data.   But more .. if there really is a "them" and "they" are part of a government agency, if there is a coverup, then the local USFS ranger districts must have a great deal of BF data they are somehow keeping secret, and with that additional data, "they" would have even more precision than I do.

• Upvote 1