What do those Christmas lists look like?

NatFoot

Ok - that time of year is here/approaching.

What reasonable items do you have on your lists that maybe the missus or kids might grab for you?

Can be fairly big or small and practical?

I got some new wool merino socks from Bass Pro when I picked up my new Duck books awhile ago. That'll definitely be a stocking stuffer my kids will grab for me.

Ive also asked for a couple of the MeatEater cookbooks by Steve Rinella. 

• Upvote 1

Lol.  

I want a Sony SDR-AX53 handycam, a Pulsar XM30S thermal scope, and either an Italian Cold Steel 4 Max or a Bark River V44 bowie.  

Socks and books?  You need to put those kids to work and make them earn your gifts.  Shoot for the stars, my man.  Aim high.  

Btw, I would like to point out the key word in my post is "WANT".  I will probably end up with a tie or something.

• gigantor featured this topic

I've sort of already early-Christmas-ed myself.   :)   And birthday-ed myself.  :)    I bought a Leica monovid monocular, 8x20mm so I had something smaller and lighter to carry than my Leupold gold ring 10x42 binoculars.   I bought a Canon Elph 190 camera to cut size and bulk relative to my Nikon CoolPix cameras.   Finally, I bought a Sage "Dart" 0 weight fly rod.    All of these will accompany me to the woods starting next spring.    

I would buy myself a couple guns but the shelves are bare of things I want.    I'd like to add a Ruger Super Blackhawk 10-1/2" barreled silhouette model, a .45 colt/.45 acp convertible Redhawk, and a Marlin Cowboy .45-70 or the stainless SBL model, but none have been on the shelves since summer.     I can get by without them but .. that doesn't mean I want to. 

MIB

47 minutes ago, MIB said:

I've sort of already early-Christmas-ed myself.   :)   And birthday-ed myself.  :)    I bought a Leica monovid monocular, 8x20mm so I had something smaller and lighter to carry than my Leupold gold ring 10x42 binoculars.   I bought a Canon Elph 190 camera to cut size and bulk relative to my Nikon CoolPix cameras.   Finally, I bought a Sage "Dart" 0 weight fly rod.    All of these will accompany me to the woods starting next spring.    

I would buy myself a couple guns but the shelves are bare of things I want.    I'd like to add a Ruger Super Blackhawk 10-1/2" barreled silhouette model, a .45 colt/.45 acp convertible Redhawk, and a Marlin Cowboy .45-70 or the stainless SBL model, but none have been on the shelves since summer.     I can get by without them but .. that doesn't mean I want to. 

MIB

That Leica looks nice!

I picked up a Vortex Solo 20x36 a few months ago, but the area that we have been working in doesn't have much call for it so far.

7 hours ago, Huntster said:

I want to go home for Christmas.

I hope that you get to, man.  

5 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Here are the socks I mentioned. 

https://darntough.com/

I knew they were Made in the USA but not up in this part of the country (Vermont).

Good stocking stuffer for folks that hit the woods a lot.

I have never worn those before. Jessi wears Smart Wool when we are out, while I usually wear Merrell socks or Under armour.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 8:27 PM, NatFoot said:

Here are the socks I mentioned. 

https://darntough.com/

I knew they were Made in the USA but not up in this part of the country (Vermont).

Good stocking stuffer for folks that hit the woods a lot.

Darn Toughs are awesome. We also love Farm to Feet, made in Mt. Airy, NC and they source their wool from US farms.

• Thanks 1

Firstlite makes hunting/outdoor gear. They are having a nice sale right now (their stuff isn't cheap).

I personally have the neck gaiter in blaze orange and dry earth in addition to the beanie/merino wool hat. Would recommend both very highly.

Have a pair of gloves coming to replace the ones I wiped my ass with in the woods on Monday (no joke - long story).

Check them out!

https://www.firstlite.com/

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Firstlite makes hunting/outdoor gear. They are having a nice sale right now (their stuff isn't cheap).

I personally have the neck gaiter in blaze orange and dry earth in addition to the beanie/merino wool hat. Would recommend both very highly.

Have a pair of gloves coming to replace the ones I wiped my ass with in the woods on Monday (no joke - long story).

Check them out!

https://www.firstlite.com/

You will never leave the house without that emergency stash of tp again...

17 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

You will never leave the house without that emergency stash of tp again...

No kidding. I don't know why I didn't even throw a paper napkin in my backpack with the sandwich. 

• gigantor unfeatured this topic