Bigfoot

Guest para ape

one shot kills are extremely rare? You have been playing too much call of duty. Yeah caliber would have some to do with it but unless you are hunting for small game you should have a relatively high caliber weapon that would be more than enough to penetrate an ape like creature. More than enough to produce a blood trail. also animals to survive the cold dont build up dense muscle to keep warm they eat whatever they can to produce the fat that keeps them warmer in the winters. jaws is a horrible movie to compare this too cause that is not real, it is a made up movie that mythbusters busted about every myth on that movie.

I don't play call of duty, I actually read ballistics reports on shootings, that was a bit of a misnomer though, I should have said 1 shot drop, not kill, my bad.

The analogy to Jaws does stand because Mythbusters has never busted my example because it is a true thing, a small revolver will not get penetration on a thick skin like a sharks. Its been done.

Now if you go reading through the reports, more often you find the hunter caliber weapons that get mentioned either drive a wounded sasquatch off, or kill it and for reasons usually un-named the corpse is never recovered. Instances of smaller weapons like pistols or 22 rifles usually end up as these "magic" stories of bullet proof sasquatch.

Para, I'm sorry but if you walked up to a sleeping BF and shot it in the head, it would die. If you for some unknown reason took a pot shot at one with a rocket launcher, it would blow up. You are drawing false conclusions from the stories out there.

There's more going on with this issue than we understand. I've also mentioned the following a few other times here. I've never shot one but I know two people who have. One of them was a topic individual from the referenced thread website. Thing is, when I knew this person back in the 80's, we never talked about bigfoot, so he had no reason to mention what had happened to him. I only learned about what he experienced in the last 6 yrs or so from seeing the article. I tried finding him but learned from his dad that he wasn't in good health. We never did get to speak.

post-120-063976100 1312465982_thumb.png

I also am friends with someone today who has shot one when he was younger. Long story and not mine to tell all the details, but essentially he and his friend unloaded into one. While my friend only had a 22 rifle, his buddy had a 44 magnum lever action rifle. My friend said it didn't even flinch and that they did not miss at such close range and that it could have killed them at any time. I believe my friend especially when he is not the first person to report this reaction. I am the first person he told about this in over 30 years and he felt/feels very bad today about what happened. He only felt safe telling me after I shared a few of my experiences with him.

Many here have never had a close up encounter with a Sasquatch. Many here have also never had anything truly unexplainable happen during an encounter. But some here have and remain open minded that there is just more to them then we can comprehend. I don't have the answers either but I keep an open mind because I have experienced some really strange stuff too. Having had my 30-30 rifle on one at close range, I know I would not be here had I shot either. My rifle felt like it was only 6 inches long.

Don't be too quick to discount what we do not understand. And re Bigfoot, we do not understand a lot. Too many people reporting the same experiences. That probably doesn't mean they can't be killed but I don't want to ever feel I have to pull the trigger again. And if they are a spiritual or inter-dimensional being, of which I don't just close my mind to, well when they are here they seem F&B, but that prob doesn't preclude the options of them being the former. I dunno, just too many strange things going on there to ignore what can't be explained. Too many people who have shot at them and reported the same to ignore it out of hand. Just because some have not experienced some of this paranormal junk doesn't mean there isn't something more to it. Again, mainstream science is working to prove that other dimensions do indeed exist. Modern physics do support that there are other dimensions. That's why we shouldn't just discount it so quickly.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

PT - you make a good case for being more open-minded. And I am willing to open the door, but not take the door off the hinges.

Thanks

Guest HairyGreek

There's more going on with this issue than we understand. I've also mentioned the following a few other times here. I've never shot one but I know two people who have. One of them was a topic individual from the referenced thread website. Thing is, when I knew this person back in the 80's, we never talked about bigfoot, so he had no reason to mention what had happened to him. I only learned about what he experienced in the last 6 yrs or so from seeing the article. I tried finding him but learned from his dad that he wasn't in good health. We never did get to speak.

I also am friends with someone today who has shot one when he was younger. Long story and not mine to tell all the details, but essentially he and his friend unloaded into one. While my friend only had a 22 rifle, his buddy had a 44 magnum lever action rifle. My friend said it didn't even flinch and that they did not miss at such close range and that it could have killed them at any time. I believe my friend especially when he is not the first person to report this reaction. I am the first person he told about this in over 30 years and he felt/feels very bad today about what happened. He only felt safe telling me after I shared a few of my experiences with him.

Many here have never had a close up encounter with a Sasquatch. Many here have also never had anything truly unexplainable happen during an encounter. But some here have and remain open minded that there is just more to them then we can comprehend. I don't have the answers either but I keep an open mind because I have experienced some really strange stuff too. Having had my 30-30 rifle on one at close range, I know I would not be here had I shot either. My rifle felt like it was only 6 inches long.

Don't be too quick to discount what we do not understand. And re Bigfoot, we do not understand a lot. Too many people reporting the same experiences. That probably doesn't mean they can't be killed but I don't want to ever feel I have to pull the trigger again. And if they are a spiritual or inter-dimensional being, of which I don't just close my mind to, well when they are here they seem F&B, but that prob doesn't preclude the options of them being the former. I dunno, just too many strange things going on there to ignore what can't be explained. Too many people who have shot at them and reported the same to ignore it out of hand. Just because some have not experienced some of this paranormal junk doesn't mean there isn't something more to it. Again, mainstream science is working to prove that other dimensions do indeed exist. Modern physics do support that there are other dimensions. That's why we shouldn't just discount it so quickly.

Prag, that is maybe the first thing you have written on the board since I have joined that I didn't immediatly want to attack. It was well thought out and accepting of others. 1+ for you my friend. Well said and I agree with your intent if not with the totality of what you said.

Guest Strick

I tend to come down on the skeptical side, but can I just say how glad I am that the 'paranormal theory' genie is now well and truly out of the bottle in regards the forum. :rock:

I think this has refreshed the debate and added another dimension (no pun intended!) to the discussion. Although paranormal stuff was not exactly banned on the old BFF, bringing it up induced such a malignant reaction from the staff and regulars that the unwary newcomer was soon run off the board. I think this had a lot to do with the actions of one Eric Beckjord and the weird, personal stalking manoeuvres he used to pull on those he believed had crossed him, but I digress and that shouldn't have been allowed to taint the whole paranormal debate.

However, most Bigfooters are not like Ghosthunters and UFO-chasers. Bigfooters tend to be down to earth folks who do not like explaining away a mystery with another mystery - that's seen as a cop out. By and large, they are determinists who think we are slowly, little by little, approaching some kind of endgame and the big reveal. Discovery. I think this is the main factor that gives the field it's vitality: we are filled with endless hope that this day is nearly upon us and every new development is relentlessly scrutinised in case it should contain the vital missing clues we need to fill in all the pieces, the DNA, if you will.

Bigfooters don't like fuzzy logic, which is why hardcore skeptics have been tolerated better within the community than paranormalists. The problem has come when the 'flesh and blood guys' have bent over backwards so far to explain the anomalous aspects of the creature's purported behaviour that they have ended up tying themselves up in knots. An example of this would be the ridiculous arguments given to explain why Bigfoots don't get hit by cars. The cunning and intelligence of the creature is always cited, as if we humans did not also possess these attributes in spades - and yet we get hit by cars all the time. :blink:

Guest wudewasa

Some of this paranormal/fantasy/embellishment of bigfoot has reached the level of William Wallace in the movie "BraveHeart!"

Guest HairyGreek

;)

PT - you make a good case for being more open-minded. And I am willing to open the door, but not take the door off the hinges.

Thanks

I'm still looking through the peep hole on this one. ;)

Don't be too quick to discount what we do not understand.

Sounds great, but how 'bout "Don't be too quick to embrace what we do not understand."

Guest HairyGreek

Sounds great, but how 'bout "Don't be too quick to embrace what we do not understand."

Let's not throw stones. I think there are a great deal of things within all of our lives that we take for granted and cannot or do not understand but we still embrace. I agree we should be cautious about jumping into the deep end. I agree Para needs to document something to validate his opinion even if all it does is show where he would come up with his beliefs. But I also think you are being a little rough on his idea with this statement. JMVHO.

An example: can you (without googling) explain how electricity is created, harnessed, and sent to your home and what the exact long term effect of living within an electrical field everyday is? You may "know" there is an explanation. But it is only because someone else told you there is one or because you never thought to ask and not because you can explain it or recreate it yourself. To the layman, it should seem like magic. So even if you happen to work for a power company and can explain all of this in detail, we all embrace something we don't understand somewhere in our lifes and it usually something that someone else told us very matter-of-factly to be that way. Believing the light will come on when you flip the switch is no different than Para's way of thinking about BF. You can't even prove Bigfoot exists yet. Let's worry about beating up his argument when we can. If we don't we are no worse then the skeptics that troll this board. I saw your sig. Who cares what other people think?

Guest Biggie
PragmaticTheorist, on 04 August 2011 - 08:21 AM, said:

Don't be too quick to discount what we do not understand.

As for me I believe there should be a healthy balance of both curiosity and skepticism. In my life and reality there have been no personal bigfoot or alien sightings but I've had some bizarre things happen to me where I do know that weird things can be possible so I'm not arrogant enough to tell everyone who says they have experienced something bizarre that they're wrong. I also know that a lot of people lie about weird things happening to them so they'll get attention, money and tv time from it, plus there is the fact that a lot of people are just pain nuts too so I'm certainly careful in who and what I choose to possibly believe.

Edited by Biggie

Guest Dudlow

I tend to come down on the skeptical side, but can I just say how glad I am that the 'paranormal theory' genie is now well and truly out of the bottle in regards the forum. :rock:

I think this has refreshed the debate and added another dimension (no pun intended!) to the discussion. Although paranormal stuff was not exactly banned on the old BFF, bringing it up induced such a malignant reaction from the staff and regulars that the unwary newcomer was soon run off the board. I think this had a lot to do with the actions of one Eric Beckjord and the weird, personal stalking manoeuvres he used to pull on those he believed had crossed him, but I digress and that shouldn't have been allowed to taint the whole paranormal debate.

However, most Bigfooters are not like Ghosthunters and UFO-chasers. Bigfooters tend to be down to earth folks who do not like explaining away a mystery with another mystery - that's seen as a cop out. By and large, they are determinists who think we are slowly, little by little, approaching some kind of endgame and the big reveal. Discovery. I think this is the main factor that gives the field it's vitality: we are filled with endless hope that this day is nearly upon us and every new development is relentlessly scrutinised in case it should contain the vital missing clues we need to fill in all the pieces, the DNA, if you will.

Bigfooters don't like fuzzy logic, which is why hardcore skeptics have been tolerated better within the community than paranormalists. The problem has come when the 'flesh and blood guys' have bent over backwards so far to explain the anomalous aspects of the creature's purported behaviour that they have ended up tying themselves up in knots. An example of this would be the ridiculous arguments given to explain why Bigfoots don't get hit by cars. The cunning and intelligence of the creature is always cited, as if we humans did not also possess these attributes in spades - and yet we get hit by cars all the time. :blink:

B) That's a good, well balanced, summary, 'Strick'.

- Dudlow

I debated for quite some time whether to enter this discussion...

What i experienced as a young man, was not a shape shifting, paranormal, inter-dimensional being....

It existed on THIS plane of reality. It made noise, and it traveled over several hundred yards just like other animals do- to chase myself and my brother away from where it was hanging out/ living....and when it was done doing that, it turned around and starting trudging back from where it had came from. It didnt shape shift, it didnt disappear, and it didnt fly...

How do you account for footprints/tracks ?? If BF is a paranormal being, it would seem that it is able to manifest itself- like other ghosties do, but the difference is that the other spooky entities dont leave physical evidence behind !!

As far as hunter's go- When i was a young man, I used to read old copies of Outdoor Life, American Rifleman, and other hunting/outdoor related magazines that my grandfather had saved over the years....

One of the relevant stories I can still remember is one from a hunting guide, who had taken a client to hunt Brown Bears... somewhere in Alaska I believe. Anyway, to make a long story short- they wound up being charged across a long clearing by a big bear. The guide stood by and watched as the supposed experienced hunter cycled 5 or 6 rounds through his bolt action rifle, without ever firing a shot... He just kept holding the rifle, and ran the bolt back and forth - thinking that he was shooting at the bear.... He was so caught up in the moment, and full of adrenaline, that he completely fell apart. The guide wound up raising his own weapon and took down the bear. Afterwards- the guy didnt even beleive the guide that he hadnt fired, until the guide showed him the unfired cartridges laying on the ground.....

ANYTHING can happen under those circumstances- especially when your talking about looking down the sights at a huge creature that you know "isnt supposed to exist"....

Sorry, but when you tell me that BF is a shape-shifter, or paranormal being who pops in and out of reality as they choose too-- you might as well tell me you saw a Bigfoot unfurl his wings, and took off and flew over the mountain......

That's my .02 cents... Your mileage may vary.

ART

Guest para ape

Guest para ape

I was trying to respond to prag's comment.I don't know how to use that particular feature yet.I messed uo.

Also,I failed to mention that there are reports of bigfoot vanishing or vanishing into a flash of light when shot at.

Also,I failed to mention that there are reports of bigfoot vanishing or vanishing into a flash of light when shot at.

A lot of people report a lot of things