An "ah-hah" moment ..

In another thread, someone linked a vid by "Driftless".    That triggered me to listen to his "loudest roars ever recorded" video.   Finally, a yardstick.

Go to 16:30 in the video, listen to it with headphones / ear buds, and you'll hear the closest thing I've ever found on the internet to the roar I've been trying to identify since 2012.    It's not a perfect match, but much much closer than I've been able to find online before.    The one at 9:00 in the video is pretty close as well.

MIB

• Upvote 2

Yep. The one I heard was just like the one at 9 minutes. It occurred over and over for quite sometime. It hurt my ears and it was coming from quite a ways away.

Madison5716
BFF Donor

Great video! He's got some good stuff.

@NorthWind, check out his audio at 5:30.

Edited by Madison5716
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
18 hours ago, MIB said:

In another thread, someone linked a vid by "Driftless".    That triggered me to listen to his "loudest roars ever recorded" video.   Finally, a yardstick.

Go to 16:30 in the video, listen to it with headphones / ear buds, and you'll hear the closest thing I've ever found on the internet to the roar I've been trying to identify since 2012.    It's not a perfect match, but much much closer than I've been able to find online before.    The one at 9:00 in the video is pretty close as well.

MIB

It's always gratifying to hear or see documented evidence that replicates your own experiences.  Even though you know what you heard or saw, it just reaffirms the validity of your experiences as well as the phenomenon as a whole.  Norseman posted a video of a howl a few months ago that was extremely close to what we heard in North Georgia and I had that same feeling.  

I haven't checked out Driftless' YouTube page in awhile.  I will catch up on his videos this week.

As far as sound and duration, the roars at 8:42, 9:00 and 15:43 are close enough to call a match as they changed in duration and modulation and volume much like it it did in the video only many, many more roars. Gives me the chills.