Mountain Monster

adam2323

https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2309
 one of my all time favorite articles for three reasons it’s the county I grew up in. My Dad was the supervisor for Caltrans at the time of the incident and was with Sheriffs Deputies listening to the scrams that night. And also viewed the track way later found. And it’s pre- PGF. The local paper Union Democrat wrote several articles over three months documenting the occurrences. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, adam2323 said:

one of my all time favorite articles for three reasons it’s the county I grew up in. My Dad was the supervisor for Caltrans at the time of the incident and was with Sheriffs Deputies listening to the scrams that night. And also viewed the track way later found. And it’s pre- PGF. The local paper Union Democrat wrote several articles over three months documenting the occurrences. 

What did your Dad think?

4 hours ago, adam2323 said:

This sounded familiar and I checked my hunch. It appears to be the same incident written about in B. Ann Slate and Alan Berry's classic book, Bigfoot: Chapter 1 Rock Giants in the Sierra. The book has 1/27/1963. The BFRO report has 1/28/1963.

Plenty of discussion on this board on sightings in gravel pits as a comparison. 

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy the older reports.

I have spent several hours reading the old articles on this forum.

I'm very interested in that area up Highway 108, especially at @ 4500'-6000' elevation in winter. East of that, at @ 8000' elevation in October, is the area of the Sierra Sounds events. I've run SSI queries on the seasonal differences in reports in the area, and sure enough, the winter reports are all on the western side of the Sierras and at @ snowline or just below. Looks like a great place to camp for a few weeks one winter........if I can find a legal place to do so that time of year..........

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the replies. Talking with My dad years later he was 100% sure the screams were not a mountain lion. 
as the crow flies this is not far from the area of the Sierra recordings. 
Dad said the track way was two legged not four and he couldn’t come close to matching the stride. 
Hunter lots of good camping at that elevation on NF lands

• Upvote 1

What is more, there is this very interesting correlation of BF encounters around gravel or rock quarries. I have seen this reported too many times to just write it off as a coincidence. What it really is, I haven’t a clue. 

I would think rock quarries are a good place to hunt for rodents and reptiles and maybe mineral supplements.  Not to mention there is usually water  and the wildlife that might be in it?

• Upvote 1