Anything left to be squeezed out of it?

Moonface

Maybe this will be more popular.

The PGF has obviously been analysed to the nth degree and back again, but does it still have any last droplets of info to extract? Do you think future technology will unlock further info?

• Thanks 2

There will certainly be future developments that will spark even more debate.

At this point though, it's settled for pretty much everyone.  If you already believe that the film was faked, then no amount of discussion concerning the type of camera used or another remastering of the footage will change your mind.  

If you believe that the footage is authentic, no amount of further analysis will shake that belief.  

Watch the 4k version and read Munns's book.  If you don't believe that the film is legit after that, then no further analysis will change your mind.

At this point, dissecting and discussing the video is a pleasant past time for those deeply involved with it...like a couple of retirees debating old baseball stats on their rocking chairs on the front porch.  A pleasant past time for them, but ultimately of no use to the majority of others.  

• Upvote 1

Actually, there is potential for new revelations about the PGF, but they will likely reinforce it's authenticity. Given the camera original is still missing, but there's hope it survives and one day can be scanned for analysis, I suspect it will lend even more clarity to the analysis. And there are some minor curiosities that such a scan might clarify. But generally speaking, the OP is correct in that the evidence we have is sufficient to render a conclusive determination that the film is authentic and the subject figure is something biologically real, as it appears, and not a human in a fur costume.

Probably the biggest potential revelations would be about the people who researched the film, and new material may lend clarity to the various investigative and research efforts to study the film. These revelations won't change the conclusion, but can fill in details about the efforts to study the film, thus making a more complete picture of this remarkable event.

I agree with Bill. In addition I have my own analytics that support the reality of the film showing a real creature. Each PGF researcher has their own specialty when it comes to dissecting various aspects of the film and its main subject. For some, it's upper arm length, for others it's muscle flexation, for people like Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum it's foot morphology and gait. And for me it's the shoulder width to height ratio. But when each element is taken up as a sum of all its parts, is pretty convincing that Patty was a real creature.

Previous two posters are case in point that BRB just so eloquently explained.

Both make a great case for the film subject to be a real creature.

Now to further make his point.

I am not swayed.

I am a fan of all three . The posters and the great film.

However, I remain unconvinced there was even a creature to film.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Moonface said:

The PGF has obviously been analysed to the nth degree and back again, but does it still have any last droplets of info to extract? Do you think future technology will unlock further info?

The film has been dead to science not soon after it was released. If you ask prominent scientists in anthropology or primatology they are gonna tell you it’s a man in a fur suit. Case closed. With a few notable exceptions.

Proponents on the other hand still study the film closely. And for most believers it’s the holy grail of the Bigfoot mystery. As Bill said? If an original could be found that may give more detail. But I doubt it will sway science. But it may sway some skeptics.

Science needs a body or a part there of. Physical samples of a specimen will move the ball towards the goal posts faster than any film. Even the PGF. It’s really our only option going forward. Even a found fossil In North America would make science sit up and take notice.

• Upvote 1

I believe a physical sample in the form of DNA will do the job. Genomics has advanced to the point it not only identifies an organism but also its genetic heritage, including ancestors yet completely unknown to science. REAL DNA, properly handled, will cause science to sit up.

On 11/29/2020 at 3:20 PM, Moonface said:

The PGF has obviously been analysed to the nth degree and back again,

In some ways the PGF has been deeply looked into but in many ways it has been ignored.

I think first we have to admit it is near Taboo to study the concept of Bigfoot in academic circles unless the purpose is to dismiss it.  Even serious study is somewhat limited to just hypothetical concepts.  To paraphrase Grove Kranz: "My university supports my research into the bigfoot subject in that they don't fire me so they allow be to have a job"   Dr. Jeff Meldrum is called, "Brave" by his fellow scientists on these TV shows for giving any level of serious consideration of the subject of Bigfoot.  They say "brave" because their default orthodoxy almost demands a litmus test of bigfoot being folklore/ not real as a condition to being considered a real respected scientist.   To take the subject on in a serious way is to invite ridicule.  To most of these science people such ridicule is necessary and deserved ridicule.

On the movie Bigfoot's Reflection where one scientist said, "Science is not looking into this subject, scientists are running away from the subject"  I think that is true and we need to see that. I have Zero problem with the idea science holds the line of needing proof of Bigfoot before they accept bigfoot. I see no problem with the default position being Bigfoot is unlikely to exist for various reasons.   Yet, why are things like the Stanford Walking Study and some other fine efforts just now being conducted?   

Many have attempted to look into the PGF but I have to think most have just dismissed it as a hoax. 

but does it still have any last droplets of info to extract? Do you think future technology will unlock further info?

Tech savvy posters on here will answer your Q better than I can.  When the PGF film first came out in the 1960's and 1970's the early phase of the film was shaky.  That early phase was limited by the viewing methods of the 1960's. Even then if you wanted to see it you might get a few glances on a TV special or movie.  There was no renting the video and running on repeat or any freeze frame.  Eventually smart film people learned to stabilize the images of Patty and remove some of the shakiness.  Now we can see some pretty impressive details if someone wishes to see the PGF.

Will it the PGF yield more in time?  Who knows.  What we can say tech has squeezed more info out of the film over 50 years.  Maybe we are at the max or maybe there are more revelations to come.

Edited by Backdoc

On 11/29/2020 at 4:20 PM, Moonface said:

More analysis can, and will, be done on the film subject, Moonface. :) 

Here is but one little tidbit...indicating the subject was a real creature. Note the degree of taper on Patty's thigh....from very wide, at the top....to narrow, at the the knee-joint.

BobseyTwins1D.jpg

Notice also the lesser amount of tapering on the (laughable) costume leg.  Bigfoot suits tend to have "stovepipe" legs....and a general lack of dynamic, tight 'body contour'.

OTOH...Patty has dynamic 'body contour'....from her sloping head, down to her muscular legs. 

Eventually, I will be posting all of the analysis I have done, over the course of many years...on a Blogsite. 

I've been busy, this past year....investigating Bigfoot evidence found within the area of the Hockomock Swamp, in Bridgewater, Ma.....(not far from where I live). I have a trail cam set-up there...and will be adding more, in the near future. 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

I don't disagree there has been significant analysis of the PGF but I agree with Bill and Sweti there is opportunity to move the needle.  Both of them have been pioneers in approaching this subject.

I'm still of the belief the ASH ratio is the most convincing argument the PGF is the real deal and am hopeful new technology will unlock more of this film's secrets. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have a trophy. You get too many down votes .

• 1 month later...

The stabilised video released a while back was pretty valuable. One more recent development is to set some AI on it. Check out the old films restored / enhanced using AI over the past two years from old French train stations to WW1 footage. 

Has anyone given it that treatment yet?

8 minutes ago, Doodler said:

The stabilised video released a while back was pretty valuable. One more recent development is to set some AI on it. Check out the old films restored / enhanced using AI over the past two years from old French train stations to WW1 footage. 

Has anyone given it that treatment yet?

Apparently, yes. Alberta Sasquatch Organization

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=636746150179354&_rdr

• Upvote 1