Anything left to be squeezed out of it?

Moonface

On 2/15/2021 at 5:04 PM, norseman said:

Do you have to be signed in to Facebook?

Probably. Ill try and dig it up or dl the video.

On 2/15/2021 at 11:41 AM, OldMort said:

^^^ Your link appears to be broken.

I think this guy in this video is reviewing the same 4k upscaled video from the facebook link. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Doodler said:

I think this guy in this video is reviewing the same 4k upscaled video from the facebook link. 

Dang, had not seen this one and it is extremely well done.  Had not noticed the wearing of the fir before.  This guy is very good.

18 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

Dang, had not seen this one and it is extremely well done.  Had not noticed the wearing of the fir before.  This guy is very good.

I did think that was interesting. You're not going to get bare spots on a new fur suit. It's going to be universally hairy, I think that's a good point. I would expect bald spots in places like gorillas or chimps have bald spots. Elbows, rub points, soles of the feet and hands, and the upscale IS adding detail I think.

As with everything, we have to be careful as AI interprets images, it's not magic, it can't add detail that doesn't exist. It can only interpolate detail from other frames and copy it to this frame or make it up out of whole cloth. This video wasn't enhanced by machine learning comparing it to some other walking beast, it was enhanced by machine learning smoothing pixels, basically.

So hats off to whoever did the Patty-centric stabilization, that was a pretty good piece of engineering, and hats off to the person who did the 4k upscaling.

3 hours ago, Doodler said:

I did think that was interesting. You're not going to get bare spots on a new fur suit. It's going to be universally hairy, I think that's a good point. I would expect bald spots in places like gorillas or chimps have bald spots. Elbows, rub points, soles of the feet and hands, and the upscale IS adding detail I think.

As with everything, we have to be careful as AI interprets images, it's not magic, it can't add detail that doesn't exist. It can only interpolate detail from other frames and copy it to this frame or make it up out of whole cloth. This video wasn't enhanced by machine learning comparing it to some other walking beast, it was enhanced by machine learning smoothing pixels, basically.

So hats off to whoever did the Patty-centric stabilization, that was a pretty good piece of engineering, and hats off to the person who did the 4k upscaling.

Thanks for posting.  Pretty well done.