Sasquatch Chronicles

norseman
BFF Donor

I find I can't use SC in my research. It is mostly junk and he's in it for the business of subscribers, not authenticity. I'm not sure where he gets his guests or if they are paid actors or what his deal is.  In 1971, an "agency" did not chase a female BF out of a canyon and coral it with a bunch of helicopters, get close enough for clear photos (seems to be a theme with his guests claiming such things), such crap.

langfordbc
3 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

I find I can't use SC in my research. It is mostly junk and he's in it for the business of subscribers, not authenticity. I'm not sure where he gets his guests or if they are paid actors or what his deal is.  In 1971, an "agency" did not chase a female BF out of a canyon and coral it with a bunch of helicopters, get close enough for clear photos (seems to be a theme with his guests claiming such things), such crap.

You're forgetting the part where one of the agents, hanging one handed from the helicopter, shot the bigfoot with a .30-06.

• Haha 1
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor

He gets his guests through the sheer reach of his show.  His audience is extremely large for a Bigfoot podcast.  For some people, it's the only Bigfoot/paranormal content that they listen to...and for many of others, the show was their introduction to the field.

I am sometimes surprised at the people who are regular listeners to his show.  He has everything from the crazy cat farmer Bigfoot enthusiast all the way to people who I really respect listening to his show regularly.  He does seem to attract a very cult-like following that gets a bit cringey sometimes,but that pretty commonplace in this topic.

I don't hate on Wess because he has a large paying audience.  It's capitalism.  People want his content...and want it enough to pay for it.  He probably spends quite a few hours creating the shows every week... enough that he should be compensated for his time.  I am sure that if he got a full time regular job and only put out a couple of shows a week, someone else would quickly move into the vacuum that he left.  

Add in the fact that he doesn't spend half of the free shows pushing his paid content is refreshing. A lot of podcasts use their free shows as basically infomercials for their paid content.  He usually mentions it once, then that's it.

I am sure that some of his witnesses are legit, some are exaggerating, and some are outright fabrications... pretty much like the BFRO reports or any other collection of witness encounters since such things began to be compiled.  It's the nature of the field to attract hoaxers and sensationalists.  

Sometimes I treat an account as a possible source of valid information. Sometimes it's just an enjoyable campfire story.  His Pumpkintown witness's story was legit.  Very legit.  I would never had heard that or really gone into that area without hearing that podcast.  Heck, I wouldn't be investigating to the degree that I currently am right now if I hadn't decided to go out and look at a place called Panthertown that I heard about on another podcast.  Some of his shows are very enjoyable, while some are pretty full or obvious fakes.  Treat it as a show similar to the old Coast To Coast.  Art Bell would have guests that ran the full spectrum of credibility.

It's the changing of the times.  More and more legitimate eyewitnesses will never think about submitting an actual report to a research organization.  They will, however, contact a podcast related to the subject and speak with the podcast creator concerning what they saw.  

Right now, Sasquatch Chronicles and Strange Familiars are the only two that I listen to on a fairly regular basis.  

• Thanks 1
RedHawk454

Wes does provide a platform for knowers to come on the show to share their encounters.  That’s it.  

His knowing was called out though because he claimed it was a full moon night during his encounter.  Turns out the date he provided was actually overcast weather.

more on the subject for people who are new to Sasquatch chronicles. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bigfoot-truthers-turn-on-their-leaders

norseman
BFF Donor
On 12/2/2020 at 6:56 PM, Arvedis said:

Understood. I don’t necessarily agree with all the content I share here.

Im firmly in the “less talk more Physical evidence” camp. But Bigfootdom can go for long dry spells.