Smoky Mountains Bigfoot Conference July 24th, 2021

Arvedis

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So who here ended up attending?

I took my 13 year old son and it was our first conference. It was enjoyable, interesting, and we learned quite a bit.

He already said he wants to go back next year.

I would be interested in hearing the opinions or remarks of some of you who are a little more experienced in this field!

On 7/28/2021 at 1:44 PM, TC Lowside said:

So who here ended up attending?

I took my 13 year old son and it was our first conference. It was enjoyable, interesting, and we learned quite a bit.

He already said he wants to go back next year.

I would be interested in hearing the opinions or remarks of some of you who are a little more experienced in this field!

We went.  

I have seen Paulides give his presentation a few times before, but this was the best one that I have seen to date.  Lots of little clues dropped as to what he thinks is behind the phenomenon.  

Ron Morehead was interesting as well.  I am glad that I got a chance to see him speak.

I found Charlie Raymond to be very interesting, and some of the photos that he shared were intriguing.  

I gave the She Squatchers a chance, but left after a few minutes.  I only saw a couple of minutes of the Mountain Monsters talk.  It looked like they were sticking to the line that the show is unscripted.

Matt Pruitt was a great MC and is obviously a very knowledgeable gentleman.  I didn’t enjoy his panel discussion participation as much, but he did a fine job as a master of ceremonies.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

We went.  

I have seen Paulides give his presentation a few times before, but this was the best one that I have seen to date.  Lots of little clues dropped as to what he thinks is behind the phenomenon.  

Ron Morehead was interesting as well.  I am glad that I got a chance to see him speak.

I found Charlie Raymond to be very interesting, and some of the photos that he shared were intriguing.  

I gave the She Squatchers a chance, but left after a few minutes.  I only saw a couple of minutes of the Mountain Monsters talk.  It looked like they were sticking to the line that the show is unscripted.

Matt Pruitt was a great MC and is obviously a very knowledgeable gentleman.  I didn’t enjoy his panel discussion participation as much, but he did a fine job as a master of ceremonies.

Thanks for the response!

I agree that Paulides had a great presentation. I found his information the most interesting. I also like Charlie Raymond alot. He seems humble and came across as straight forward and no nonsense in his approach. 

We used the She Squatchers hour as a chance to slip out and get some lunch, so didn't see much of them except the last few minutes. From what I have read online about them, I just wasn't that interested.

Morehead was also interesting except his presentation could have used a little polish maybe. He was kind of all over the place to me, including the late start and then just skipping through a lot at the end because he was running out of time.

Huck and Wild Bill, they seemed to be there for entertainment purposed only. Not a lot of real info there just talking about their show. Huckleberry seemed pretty chill but Bill was just trying too hard. I guess that is his shtick. He actually got on my nerves after a while. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TC Lowside said:

Thanks for the response!

I agree that Paulides had a great presentation. I found his information the most interesting. I also like Charlie Raymond alot. He seems humble and came across as straight forward and no nonsense in his approach. 

We used the She Squatchers hour as a chance to slip out and get some lunch, so didn't see much of them except the last few minutes. From what I have read online about them, I just wasn't that interested.

Morehead was also interesting except his presentation could have used a little polish maybe. He was kind of all over the place to me, including the late start and then just skipping through a lot at the end because he was running out of time.

Huck and Wild Bill, they seemed to be there for entertainment purposed only. Not a lot of real info there just talking about their show. Huckleberry seemed pretty chill but Bill was just trying too hard. I guess that is his shtick. He actually got on my nerves after a while. 

Morehead is getting up in age.  That’s why I was glad to see him at least once.  

There are not a lot of people on this field who I would pay and travel to see.  Paulides is one of them.  He is pretty unique in this field. 

• 2 weeks later...

Our podcast was there with a table—Sasquatch Tracks.  It was our first conference.  We met a lot of nice people.  We didn’t get to listen to any of the speakers, unfortunately, but it was still a lot of fun.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, hieroklas said:

Our podcast was there with a table—Sasquatch Tracks.  It was our first conference.  We met a lot of nice people.  We didn’t get to listen to any of the speakers, unfortunately, but it was still a lot of fun.

Awesome.  I will check your podcast out.