Tree Climbing as a stealth option

Marty

Has any researcher pondered that maybe Sasquatch, especially juvenile individuals, might climb trees to hide or get to a vantage point? And could that account for the various reports of them "disappearing"? If so, then we should maybe look up a bit more eh? 
- Marty

It has come up quite a bit, sometimes as an afterthought. The witness may not think to look up or search for a tree branches pathway of manuevering. It's impressive they can use tree branches to manuever, considering the alleged weight of the creatures.

Edited by Arvedis

TBH, I'm not so convinced that's even an animal in the footage, could be a piece of a plastic bag moving strangely similar to a Gibbon...I dunno. 

On 12/18/2020 at 9:26 AM, Marty said:

Has any researcher pondered that maybe Sasquatch, especially juvenile individuals, might climb trees to hide or get to a vantage point? And could that account for the various reports of them "disappearing"? If so, then we should maybe look up a bit more eh? 
- Marty

In the Pac NW it takes a special species of tree with unique growth characteristics to be suitable to support a lot of weight. Most evergreen trees have very small and brittle branches. Like Douglas fir. Ponderosa pine have large bendable branches and sometimes the tree can have two tops with a split in the middle.

All primates have some ability to climb. So I have no doubt that something like a Bigfoot could climb trees. Ostman even reported them climbing sheer rock walls.

625D58C9-883B-4C72-896F-FAE7A79041EB.jpeg

In the Northeast there are many huge white pine trees that got attacked by the white pine weevil which fed on the top shoot of trees when they reached around six feet tall. The result was that the main top shoot died and the young trees developed two or more competing tops. This is evident where large white pines now have a fork with mostly all having double main trunks nearly equal in size  https://vtdigger.org/2013/05/12/landscape-confidential-forked-trees/

"The lateral shoots take over as the primary trunks after a white pine’s growing tip has been damaged by the white pine weevil. The result looks like a two-tined pitchfork."

Forked-white-pine-MAIN.jpg.d97aeeacaa8b6c7718ae5993d41c004b.jpg

Edited by hiflier
  • Thanks 1

The answer to the question is yes, they do climb trees.  Even adult gorillas climb trees.   

Here's a possible one checking me out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhqW5czlY28

Not only do Forest Hominids climb trees, they brachiate between trees as well.  Brachiation is a form of arboreal locomotion in which primates swing from tree limb to tree limb using only their arms.  Here's a video that I analyzed for YouTube Bigfoot Researcher which captures the action:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhqW5czlY28

I should add that the older and bigger that they get, the less likely the branches of trees are able to withstand the weight.  With that in mind, the younger ones have the ability to easily brachiate from tree to tree.  Indeed, making it a stealth option.