Expedition Bigoot - New season starts

wiiawiwb

235734358_Kentucky75000acres.thumb.jpg.0c2a9c661f2f42a0bd8cb3838ce86aed.jpg

Noting they said they had identified an area of 75,000 acres, I went to Google Earth and arbitrarily created a 75,000 acre perimeter within which I would look that had the original coordinates near the perimeter line. We all have our methods to search for areas we'd like to look at more carefully. Me--I focus a lot on water sources and especially those sources that have quick access to elevation gain.  Remote ponds not easily accessible, marshy areas, or creeks off the beaten path.  I also prefer to have an area of interest be at least two miles from the nearest house.  There was not one area of interest I could find that met that criteria.

The areas I would take a closer look at are circled in purple. The closest one (smallest purple circle) is a tiny pond about 2 miles from that coordinate and 1/3 mile northeast of the power line.  The area with the two circles has a good sized pond/small lake and is over 10 miles from the yellow pin.

I spent time on Google Earth scouring this area looking for areas of interest and came away feeling blessed I have the areas I do to go sasquatching.  I don't find this area remote enough from humanity for my liking. It will be curious which areas they go to.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 3

On 12/28/2020 at 1:30 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

It was fun watching their Facebook group implode after news came out that they were on a vacation ranch and not in the wilderness.

It took the longest time but once the evidence was presented, and the reality sank in, the pitchforks and torch lights began to emerge!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

It took the longest time but once the evidence was presented, and the reality sank in, the pitchforks and torch lights began to emerge!

I wasn't on Facebook then, but my girlfriend kept me apprised of the outrage.  

Everyone went nuclear.

Not sure if anyone is still watching this show, but curious to see if anyone believes they know what animal was caught on the thermal hunting the elk. They never offered up an opinion on the show. 

I have a thermal imager and and can tell you that once I see something of interest, I lock on it until it's gone or I can determine it is no longer of interest. Why was he panning away from it, then back to it, then away again?

Clearly, there were two were elk/deer standing. Then this blob "appears". I assumed it was an elk lying down but if it is something of interest, why not stay fixed on that object? Capture continuous video of its subtle movements until it races toward the elk or moves away.

He probably panned away to see the reaction of the elk to it. At one point, you can see the ears raised on at least one elk. That information is of some help but not nearly as important as watching every movement of your target.  He invited the possibility that he'd miss some activity and that's what happened. Where did it go and how?

I agree, not sure why he kept panning away from it. I don’t think it looked like the other elk and the way it disappeared seemed strange. Maybe they’ll analyze it in the next episode. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
BFF Patron

Can't watch it, still cacking up BF hairballs from the last iteration!

• Upvote 1

I am a little skeptical of their algorithm claims.  It has the ring of hype. If they have some math, why not make it public? 

Well it appears I will only be able to watch shows beyond the first two episodes if I pay monthly for an additional streaming app. Not gonna do it. 

• 1 month later...

I have to say I am quite enjoying this series. I think it's fair to say there is a decent amount of 'TV production' to the series and there is a little bit of ramping up the drama but I find the primatologist and the survival guy quite likeable and believable. Now I know there are obviously embellishments to the story and so on but do we think the evidence such as footprints and thermal images they turn up are real? The primatologist seems quite sincere and genuinely to be unnerved in an episode recently. 

• Upvote 1

I find the show, the production style and the actors to be really boring. I have also peeked in on some interviews and podcasts with this cast. I don't think it registers with the Bigfoot audience that seemed to enjoy finding bigfoot. Nothing going on here except an attempt to be "a" show but I doubt the viewers numbers are up.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So it's clear the show isn't what it's presenting itself as. This would be an issue normally as we all know that TV and Bigfoot aren't normally a match made in heaven. It's just for entertainment purposes right?

Until of course... We begin to hear reports of the show uncovering possible 'Primate DNA'. The samples were purportedly taken from beneath a tree structure.

Now if the show cannot be trusted with the basics such as location where can we stand on this potentially huge development? 

Would the producers BS us all just to try and land a third series? Given what has gone before it's hardly a stretch....

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, MarkGlasgow said:

Until of course... We begin to hear reports of the show uncovering possible 'Primate DNA'. The samples were purportedly taken from beneath a tree structure.

Now if the show cannot be trusted with the basics such as location where can we stand on this potentially huge development? 

Would the producers BS us all just to try and land a third series?

Regardless of all that, there are quoted sections in the article that could possibly be verified? I'm working on doing just that. What I get very tired of seeing is simply opinion that, without being overt, reinforces a certain mindset concerning some invisible wall that stops one from going further. I don't accept a "we just need to wait and see" position and I don't know why anyone else wouldn't accept it either. A case in point:

7 hours ago, MarkGlasgow said:

....The samples were purportedly taken from beneath a tree structure....

I think the issue is few, if any, might not know how to investigate the claim. Or if further investigation was possible, would anyone is even be willing to? In other words, why do folks just hang around waiting to be spoon fed, hoping eventually someone ELSE will get some kind of answer or closure FOR them?? Those who really want the truth go after it. And those that don't just talk about it.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MarkGlasgow said:

Would the producers BS us all just to try and land a third series? Given what has gone before it's hardly a stretch....

If the viewership is up then it will get renewed. However, viewers are mostly not sophisticated types to buy into a cliffhanger involving science. There's nothing keeping this show intact other than monster shows have been trending with the so called producers that all these channels are coming up with, pulling non tv talent into mainstream discussions.

Anyone know what that wire loop bit of kit they were using is and if that is actually verifiable technology with the 'results' they were getting?