Expedition Bigoot - New season starts

wiiawiwb

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Not really. I was suggesting that bipedalism arose in the Last Common Ancestor and so Sasquatches and Humans both inherited it. But what you posted would suggest that bipedalism in Sasquatch and Homo may have arose separately. Certainly possible since, even though awkward, walking on two legs does occur in both Pan and Gorilla plus a few other primates like monkeys. Weaving Sasquatch into known or mainstream science has never been easy.

Yeah, me, too, which is what I've been proposing. Just when that happened is up for grabs, though I do think it was later rather than earlier once the split happened because of the many similar morphologies and characteristics between Homo and Bigfoot.

Then logically it makes no sense for this geneticist to place the sample results in the genus pan based on the known morphology of Sasquatch.

Something isn’t right. Either they are not working with the full genome. Or they are simply misinterpreting the results?

Strange.

4 hours ago, hiflier said:

The point I've tried to make is that IF Sasquatch is in the primate line- which it must be- then it came from the same line as Chimps- just like Homo did. There is a 6-7 million year gap between us and Chimps which is plenty of time to have a Last Common Ancestor that developed an advanced primate body and that may have split into Sasquatches and Homo. Like you say, we have a LOT of the Chimp genome that we share, in fact, only 1.1% of us is NOT Pan! Therefore I can easily see Sasquatch as having MOSTLY Pan DNA and more of it than Homo.

Humans are 98.9% Pan. Sasquatch could be 99.5% Pan and that would be enough to see Pan troglodyte in the sample without it actually being a Chimp-type knuckle walker. The mtDNA could also give a mutation rate signal, which would be on the female ancestry side of things, and can probably estimate when a particular mtDNA mutation occurred in primate evolutionary history. Mutation rates have helped estimate the number of years back that Chimps split off of Homo. It's also how ancestral regions (haplotypes) are determined for organisms like Zana and other Human ancestral lines. It's what companies like 23 and Me* use to follow the Human lineage of their clients back in time and place. Science knows a LOT about this kind of stuff, and has for a long time now. 

*Ancestry companies aren't good examples of what real science can do when it comes to DNA because such companies are only as good as the number of client DNA that have in their databases for making ancestral comparisons and evaluations for new clients. The more clients they get the bigger the database they have at their disposal for matching DNA to certain regions of the world. One may end up knowing that they are 40% Eastern European and 60% Italian but that would be as much about it as one would learn. The specifics won't be there. Just look at Zana's estimates.

Edited by hiflier

42 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Humans are 98.9% Pan. Sasquatch could be 99.5% Pan and that would be enough to see Pan troglodyte in the sample without it actually being a Chimp-type knuckle walker. The mtDNA could also give a mutation rate signal, which would be on the female ancestry side of things, and can probably estimate when a particular mtDNA mutation occurred in primate evolutionary history. Mutation rates have helped estimate the number of years back that Chimps split off of Homo. It's also how ancestral regions (haplotypes) are determined for organisms like Zana and other Human ancestral lines. It's what companies like 23 and Me* use to follow the Human lineage of their clients back in time and place. Science knows a LOT about this kind of stuff, and has for a long time now. 

*Ancestry companies aren't good examples of what real science can do when it comes to DNA because such companies are only as good as the number of client DNA that have in their databases for making ancestral comparisons and evaluations for new clients. The more clients they get the bigger the database they have at their disposal for matching DNA to certain regions of the world. One may end up knowing that they are 40% Eastern European and 60% Italian but that would be as much about it as one would learn. The specifics won't be there. Just look at Zana's estimates.

On a side note my mother in law was part Cherokee. We all did the DNA study where we spit in a cup. Her DNA can back as 5% central Asian. My wife was like.... Asian!? We are not Asian! And I replied that her Indian ancestors were! And I’ve seen other similar Indian reactions to DNA studies with Asian positives. 

My DNA study came back that my family lineage was straight as an arrow. My mother’s family was Swiss Amish. I was like 100% European. And 99% NW European. I told mom that there was a lot of Vikings hiding behind the Amish wood pile! Central Europe was the 1%!

In fact I have ANOTHER doctors visit coming up. I think I’ve won another genetic lottery. My right hand is exhibiting signs of Viking disease. Also known as Dupuytrens contracture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dupuytren's_contracture

It affects 30% of men in Norway over age 65.

Great! I’m really really not looking forward to any more surgeries before they slide me into a pine box.

13 minutes ago, norseman said:

Great! I’m really really not looking forward to any more surgeries before they slide me into a pine box

Good grief, nor am I, Norseman......saaay.....wait a minute.......norseman, norseman.....yeah, okay, I get it now :)

7 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Good grief, nor am I, Norseman......saaay.....wait a minute.......norseman, norseman.....yeah, okay, I get it now :)

I also have a L6 in my back. Most people have 5 vertebrae in their lumbar. Supposedly Vikings had longer backs for rowing. Dunno.

My dad thought he was Canadian. And my grandfather was born in England. I had no direct lineage back to Norway until I started digging around as an adult. Ive traced my surname back to a town in Norway.

30 minutes ago, norseman said:

My wife was like.... Asian!?

Theres the possibility of the crossing up north but also cant forget the western railroad labor force was Asian. A lot of them would run out into the wilderness and were adopted into the tribes.

Edited by Skinwalker13

Just now, Skinwalker13 said:

Theres the possibility of the crossing up north but also cant forget the western railroad labor force was Asian. A lot of them would run out into the wilderness and were adopted into the tribea.

Maybe out west. But not east coast. Nor was there any family stories of such. My mother in law knew her Cherokee grandmother. She was Cherokee.

I think DNA is kind of like a sliding scale. And when people pick up and move it starts bouncing all over the place. Obviously some people in central Asia has similar DNA to the Cherokee tribe.

45 minutes ago, norseman said:

DNA can be weird.

HAH! got that right. I finally got lost when it came to sticking unknown DNA fragments called MOTU's into a special little databank all by themselves. Don't even know what the heck they are beyond small DNA sequences that don't really match anything. I found out about them by doing a search for DNA fragments that don't really match anything, LOL. Can't fault me for not trying, eh?

When you do a search for fragments that don't really match anything and you find them? Yer kind of the end of the line for that bit of research ;) I mean, DANG!, where in blue blazes could one possibly go from there?

Just saying, I know emotions can ride high sometimes on the internet and in bigfootery, but this thread and others like it is the only place to discuss the science. The is nothing going on on FB. Just closed minds, irrelevant comments, and complete lack of comprehension of what is going on.

Even jogging people for an opinion on social media or any platform seems useless.

Maybe this is an indication people aren't capable of understanding or interested in anything other than a type of proof they can reach out and touch or sniff.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

Maybe this is an indication people aren't capable of understanding or interested in anything other than a type of proof they can reach out and touch or sniff.

Or maybe even see with their own two eye's. But for us who actually go out in the field this science stuff is vital information. It helps us understand what we are hunting. So if they have a part of chimp in their DNA then that gives us details on how they are in the wild. This could explain the way they are out in the field. It explains the reason why they may parallel us on trail. It also can explain that they may be doing these long patrols just like chimps do. But they do not kill like how chimps since they have a capability to think just like us Humans.  Which can also explain that stealth mode that they have on us. Since they have that human side of them while still being like chimps.

Not just that how else can there be an explanation for losing their tracks. Unless they have that ability to climb tree's and move among them. But we still cannot explain that woo side of them. That part that no one wants to talk about for fear of ridicule. But it is this side of them that that still need's to be explained. People are still dealing with side of them. I have experienced this side of them. How is this ever going to be explained. Let's pretend here for second.

Let's say that I or some one else was to bring in a body, a dead one. Who has experienced this so called woo stuff. How will this be accepted among the community? and will it be accepted among the community?

I have been watching this show Expedition Bigfoot on discovery plus for awhile now.  It has been doing pretty good now that they are in Washington state, roaming the forest in the state for Bigfoot. They have encountered the woo a few times now with no explanation. They have picked up some flir images up close only to look with the naked eye o see nothing there. So it is getting good every week and very interesting.  Some of the things that they have encountered is what I have encountered on my own while hunting. The heavy breathing , Not being able to see the creature under my stand , yet still being able to hear it breath. The wood knocks and the strange sound sounds. But I have yet to experience the lights or orbs. I have captured orbs om camera around these stick figures but never seen with the naked eye though.

I think that the show is doing pretty good. For us to be talking about their DNA sample shows allot about this forum. We have some great people on this forum.

• Upvote 1

Thermal oddities are expected. Are you saying @ShadowBorn, that they have experienced orbs and deer stand breathing? Or is that anecdotal stuff?  Any clips? I don't want to watch the show for extended time. I'm being elitist. There's literally nobody's opinion on that show that is relevant other than Mayor, and only because she has good scientific credentials.

Edited by Arvedis

@Arvedis

I am saying that there things going on that are stomping Dr. Mayor.  Un- usual things that she cannot explain. I have tried to explain the things I have encountered and to this day i still cannot explain it. So they are encountering things that I have encountered with the exception of the orbs. I do not think that they are following their protocol of algorithm. I believe that they went right into a hot zone and are encountering the real deal. She has seemed a little a little freaked out since she only deals with natural things. Her field is in science and she does not want to be pushed to that woo side by the other guy. Who seems to be leading more to the un-natural side since there are things that may not be explained. Now this is just my opinion and i could b wrong. But it has gotten me interested  enough to keep me watching. 

Just the way that these creatures are stalking them in the field makes me think that this is real. It is the way that this group is being observed by these creatures. That un-comfortable feeling of being out in those woods when they are around. Smelling them every so often if though they want them to know that they are around watching them. It is like you are going out in the field to encounter them. But when you get close to them and want that encounter you back off.  It is that sinking feeling you get that you should not be there.. That is what I am seeing in the show. Even their equipment fail when it should not. The same has happen to me and it has always given me that sinking feeling as well. They kind of bring back flash backs for me. Especially when the other guy hikes out on his own. The good thing for him is that he had back up I did not.

The last show there is a part where they disturbed a big black bear. I believe that this black bear is going to give them problems. It might be territorial and roaming in the area of their research. But like I said before it is getting interesting for a show and looking forward to see what else they might find. If it is all false it makes for good entertainment. But to me I have experience what they have out in the field.   

1 hour ago, ShadowBorn said:

@Arvedis

I am saying that there things going on that are stomping Dr. Mayor.  Un- usual things that she cannot explain. I have tried to explain the things I have encountered and to this day i still cannot explain it. So they are encountering things that I have encountered with the exception of the orbs. I do not think that they are following their protocol of algorithm. I believe that they went right into a hot zone and are encountering the real deal. She has seemed a little a little freaked out since she only deals with natural things. Her field is in science and she does not want to be pushed to that woo side by the other guy. Who seems to be leading more to the un-natural side since there are things that may not be explained. Now this is just my opinion and i could b wrong. But it has gotten me interested  enough to keep me watching. 

Just the way that these creatures are stalking them in the field makes me think that this is real. It is the way that this group is being observed by these creatures. That un-comfortable feeling of being out in those woods when they are around. Smelling them every so often if though they want them to know that they are around watching them. It is like you are going out in the field to encounter them. But when you get close to them and want that encounter you back off.  It is that sinking feeling you get that you should not be there.. That is what I am seeing in the show. Even their equipment fail when it should not. The same has happen to me and it has always given me that sinking feeling as well. They kind of bring back flash backs for me. Especially when the other guy hikes out on his own. The good thing for him is that he had back up I did not.

The last show there is a part where they disturbed a big black bear. I believe that this black bear is going to give them problems. It might be territorial and roaming in the area of their research. But like I said before it is getting interesting for a show and looking forward to see what else they might find. If it is all false it makes for good entertainment. But to me I have experience what they have out in the field.   

I completely believe your experiences, this thread and others. I would be interested in seeing her interaction with woo events so I'll dig for some clips. The ones I have seen seem to be older hot zones or wrong timing hot zones. That is expected though with any BF research.  They probably went to WA state because it has seen every type of BF event possible. They know they need more to get another season funded.. The real deal is when someone with no belief or experience with paranormal is faced with it.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular. Just a brief meme inspiration.

51iqxt (1).jpg

• Downvote 2

It appears the Expedition Bigfoot is on the paid version of Travel Channel contained in Discovery+.  Last year it was free on the Travel Channel.

Am I missing someething...do you have to pay to get it on your home TV?