Expedition Bigoot - New season starts

wiiawiwb

BFF Patron

Seems to be the trend, shake down for good programming.  In my mind it will just drive more people away from cable and away from TV in general. 

16 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

It appears the Expedition Bigfoot is on the paid version of Travel Channel contained in Discovery+.  Last year it was free on the Travel Channel.

Am I missing someething...do you have to pay to get it on your home TV?

Yep we are all missing something, expecting something for nothing

Has anyone ever wondered how the samples got safely to the University of California from Kentucky? Would anyone even mildly suspecting Sasquatch DNA, and with only three soil samples, risk the mail? I ordered something once that went to the wrong carrier and so got cancelled. I had to reorder and then waited to be reimbursed for the first order. FedEx, USPS, or UPS has a fairly good track record so it isn't about them, it's about the people who collected potentially the three most important samples of the century. So then what? Just mail the things anyway?

Edited by hiflier

@hiflier

It had to have been hand delivered to the university. On the show it was mention that it was sent to the lab. So we can look at that which ever way we want to loo at that. The thing is that no one is taking this as the find of the century. They all seem to be laid back on it and not really moving on it. I mean no attacks on the results or even the out outcome. It is like they are not even pushing this find out the world. Which is wise on their part. But I am not sure that they are very happy with just one result. I am pretty sure that they are searching for more EDNA or actual DNA to get good results . This way it can get proven to be a species. But I am weary of this since I am not sure about this EDNA sample. They are being way to cautious it seems .

Like I said that woo factor is playing into their research though. Leaving them scratching their heads. If they are primates then it should not be head scratcher on figuring out on what to do. But these creatures do not play by rules that we believe other creatures on this earth do. They do things that we do not understand and may never understand. This group will either turn on each other or they will either have to except that part of them that we do not understand. But I am enjoying the show. :) 

21 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Seems to be the trend, shake down for good programming.  In my mind it will just drive more people away from cable and away from TV in general. 

Yep we are all missing something, expecting something for nothing

I pay for a certain cable package and EB was included last year. My cable package hasn't changed so, naturally, I assumed the new season would be included.  I'd watch EB again for free but the new season isn't worth enough to me to shell out an extra penny. Tout a` l'heure aka toodle loo.

• Haha 1

I need someone on here more qualified than me to tell me if what I’m watching is real. This team seems to have multiple thermal videos, prints, and hair. 

4 hours ago, CaveMan said:

I need someone on here more qualified than me to tell me if what I’m watching is real. This team seems to have multiple thermal videos, prints, and hair. 

I would hazard a guess that the thermal images, at least, are exaggerated for the sake of storytelling.  You never really get a clear, prolonged view of what they are capturing.  It seems like if they were getting too notch, undisputable thermal footage that they would plaster that footage everywhere.

I saw 1 clip where there was strong heat sig residue on a tree, as if to imply that something was leaning against it. 

The problem is Bigfoot does not lean with his back against a tree watching people in front of a camera. He would have been on the side not facing the camera. Looks like someone sprayed some substance on the tree so the thermal would register.  I don't know if my analysis is correct but that's how it appeared to me in a blair witch sequence.

Edited by Arvedis

• 2 weeks later...

I can get a 7-day free trial to watch Discovery Plus so I can watch the special DNA episode tonight.....SIGN ME UP!  :)

I would be curious if there is any more detail in the final episode than what is provided here: https://dailyyonder.com/proof-of-a-bigfoot-legend-could-be-hidden-in-kentuckys-deep-forests/2021/03/19/

I found this statement by Dr. Mayor to pretty much sum it up: “The DNA findings do not suggest a new species, but rather a match to known species of chimpanzee.” 

This seems to support the pheromone chip theory that has been mentioned.

• Upvote 1

Couple of thoughts. The episode showed Dr. Mayor collecting only one sample and placing it into a vial. Were there more than one taken? because with such an opportunity for someone so prepared to take sample one would think several would be collected. Ms. Ramos mentioned that more samples would be needed for verification so how doe that fit in with only apparently being collected. Yeah, is a TV show but that was one thing to me that didn't make sense. AND no talk about going back to the structure to get mor or any mention if prints, feces etc., were found around or in the vicinity of the site. It was after all right where a creature had been detected the previous night. Or it LOOKED like the previous night anyway.

It makes you wonder if the boots that she wears might be the culprit to the interpretation of the results.  I mean she does work around monkeys so there could be a chance that the results might be contaminated by her boots. Unless she brought brand new boots to the field. Then this would not be an issue. But any evidence by these creatures should be treated like a crime scene. Booties should placed on your shoe's and a suit should be placed over your clothing. 

But at the same time these creatures do act in some way as Chimps do. Chimps do patrols as well as attack invaders as they do their patrols . So there is some thing to this that makes the make up of these creatures. But like you said @hiflier more is needed to confirm this. Yes, why did they not go back and get more samples from that same area ? Could it be like I said in my first paragraph.

10 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Could it be like I said in my first paragraph.

Certainly could be, but even washing boots with between sites so as not to bring in any stray DNA or organisms is standard operating procedure in the field when collecting

samples. One would think a result of any primate other than Human, especially, Chimpanzee (genus Pan troglodyte) and Dr. Mayor would've dropped the subject after suspecting herself as the source- but she didn't. No one else brought it up either, but then it IS TV, right ;) 

That's just it ! that it is TV and a find like this in the State's is a major find since we do not have any wild chimps that we now of.  The fact that this is just going on like it is not important does mean some thing to the science world. It is just not being promoted like one would expect. So maybe they are being cautious and do not want to happen like it did with Dr. Ketchum samples. But it does make you wonder what it is that is going on though.