Ohio Bigfoot Conference May 1st and 16th, 2021

Arvedis

• 2 months later...

Still not seeing @Daniel Perez listed on the schedule at  http://ohiobigfootconference.org/speakers.html. You never know though. This could be a rare conference speaking appearance by Danny.

It appears sold out now anyway and not seeing a Zoom option on their site. Perhaps one day we will see the full Danny Perez conference speaker experience. :drinks:

Edited by Arvedis
  • Haha 1

Danny's talk might have happened. The follow up is on this podcast 9PM ET on Tues May 4th:

Edited by Arvedis

SSR Team

You've got Shane Corson for this one too Arvedis, he's doing a talk on the nests too ! ;)

6 hours ago, BobbyO said:

You've got Shane Corson for this one too Arvedis, he's doing a talk on the nests too ! ;)

It looks like he is a speaker at a 2nd Ohio BF conference. Sun, May 16th at Coshocton Lake Park 23253 Ohio 83 Coshocton, OH.

$30 in advance:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sasquatch-triangle-conference-tickets-130728591737.

The lineup looks great. Don Keating is a legend.

134236349_4123221874373316_1709426678016525097_n.jpg

Edited by Arvedis

• Arvedis changed the title to Ohio Bigfoot Conference May 1st and 16th, 2021
SSR Team

Ahhh ok, sorry, my bad. I knew he was scheduled for Ohio this month but wasn't aware there was two.

19 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Don Keating is a legend.

Except that he lied about his own supposed personal encounter with a "nine foot tall, light colored individual" which he claimed occurred on September 15, 1985 at around 10:00 pm under a full moon. There was no full moon that night- not even close. The moon was a slim crescent, barely waxing off new and so at 10:00 pm it was pitch dark. Go ahead, ask him.

Edited by hiflier

8 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Except that he lied about his own supposed personal encounter with a "nine foot tall, light colored individual" which he claimed occurred on September 15, 1985 at around 10:00 pm under a full moon. There was no full moon that night- not even close. The moon was a slim crescent, barely waxing off new and so at 10:00 pm it was pitch dark. Go ahead, ask him.

Hadn't heard that one. Sounds like Wes Germer's story. Didn't he get called out for something similar?

Don't know. I only know of this from 2010: https://thebigfooteryenquirer.wordpress.com/2010/04/13/the-bfe-claims-its-first-award/

I also have links two old podasts that were aired back in 2008, Let's Talk Bigfoot- June 5, 2008 and Sasquatch Watch Radio- September 15, 2008, but the links to the actual interviews with Keating now appear to be unavailable. The link I posted above may even disappear some day....

I've noticed more and more historical internet data disappearing into the shadows even when supposedly archived. IDK maybe someone could chase down the podcasts? 

Edited by hiflier

I guess Don has to be held accountable if he is fibbing. I actually haven't heard he ever found anything but he's been active for decades.

Maybe that is why there are 2 Ohio BF conferences. There's the anti Don Keating peeps and then the folks who believe in his work.

Edited by Arvedis

Pretty sure the "other" conference was started by Marc DeWerth who was Keating's hand picked successor to carry on in 2012 as the organizer for his original OBFC. That's when Keating supposedly retired from the limelight. But he came back to organize the OBFC in 2015, I think, and I see he's becoming a bit more public again in the past couple of years. Ironically DeWerth, who was in the field a lot with Keating over the years prior to his "promotion" to head guy, had his own personal encounter while separated from a group. That's how Keating had said his "encounter" happened- while separated from a group.

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Pretty sure the "other" conference was started by Marc DeWerth who was Keating's hand picked successor to carry on in 2012 as the organizer for his original OBFC. That's when Keating supposedly retired from the limelight. But he came back to organize the OBFC in 2015, I think, and I see he's becoming a bit more public again in the past couple of years. Ironically DeWerth, who was in the field a lot with Keating over the years prior to his "promotion" to head guy, had his own personal encounter while separated from a group. That's how Keating had said his "encounter" happened- while separated from a group.

Spent maybe 5 minutes looking into it. Doesn't seem very remarkable. Was this glimpse of a BF touted as some big achievement?  Even if some details don't line up, what is the impact?  That he made up a sighting to enhance his credibility?  Seems like low volume drama.  I guess he has a grainy photo too which is a requirement for all bigfooters at some point.

A decent write-up: https://oregonbigfoot.com/keating.php

and the counter analysis:

22 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Even if some details don't line up, what is the impact?

You mean other than hoaxing? He lied about the encounter for over 20 years, and after that, lied again on two podcasts in 2008. He's also inducted into the Ohio Bigfoot Hall of Fame with the likes of Bindernagel and Green et al.- to this day as far as I know. http://ohiobigfootconference.org/hof.html

4 hours ago, hiflier said:

You mean other than hoaxing? He lied about the encounter for over 20 years, and after that, lied again on two podcasts in 2008. He's also inducted into the Ohio Bigfoot Hall of Fame with the likes of Bindernagel and Green et al.- to this day as far as I know. http://ohiobigfootconference.org/hof.html

who knows, it seems whatever is at issue was kind of too far away to tell what it was. Bottom line is there is really no relevance to the event, truth or not.

If it's a fib then just say "you know it was really far away and maybe I didn't see what I thought I saw at first" but perhaps people get too far along in the tale. They get trapped.  Bigfooters are so quick to analyze, form a judgement and pounce. Maybe Keating felt he had to live up to his legendary status and be a headline attraction at a BF conference. His bio mentions he's really good at:

• Weather
  • Bowling
  • Throwing Darts
Edited by Arvedis