VOTE - 2020 Researcher of the Year Contest - 1/14/2020 Deadline

2020 Researcher of the Year Contest - $2,000 prize  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hiflier
BFF Donor
53 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

And I feel sorry for the ones who imply that my innate comedic expressions are subpar. Perhaps you will, like the stinky cheeses you just might be, gain years and learn to appreciate the finer things that can only be properly conveyed with the well-seasoned and wise teachings of a sage. Quality humor, such as mine, is sorely lacking from this society and it is my duty to supply it as I see fit.

IDK, NW, I get the impression that your rather consistent, liberal sprinkling around of your jestering and joustering verbal bufoon'ry may not be as appreciated as you would evidently like to entertain; so that somehow your sufficiency in the matter may not be completely serensified. Without personally experiencing your comedic brilliance myself, and realizing that the true fountainly source of opinion for your wellspring of humor lies with yourself, and yourself alone, I must reserve my own dissemination of evidently uniformed public opinion, until which time, I may have the pleasure of basking in your self-proclaimed genius by one day, perhaps, basking in the glow of your very presence.. Until that day then, please forgive my knave and pseudo-ignorantly blind flailings and expulsions.

Edited by hiflier
Catmandoo
BFF Donor
3 hours ago, NorthWind said:

Thank you all, for your kind wishes. I am out of upvotes / likes.

And I feel sorry for the ones who imply that my innate comedic expressions are subpar. Perhaps you will, like the stinky cheeses you just might be, gain years and learn to appreciate the finer things that can only be properly conveyed with the well-seasoned and wise teachings of a sage. Quality humor, such as mine, is sorely lacking from this society and it is my duty to supply it as I see fit.

Congratulations.

You are a contemporary stand up philosopher who coalesces the vapor of human experience into a viable and logical comprehension.

• Haha 1
wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

Congratulations Madison and Northwind. You deserved first prize and all the accolades that go with it. This wasn't handed to you--you went out and did it the old fashion way--you earned it.  Days and weekends of the never-ending pursuit some of us call sasquatching. 

I'm sure there were times when you thought your discovery was right around the bend...and didn't find it. And there were other times when you least expected it, and were ready to give up, it came to you. 

We're all proud of both of you for who you are as people and for what you've done.  Absolutely spectacular work and always done with a smile, laughter, and a positive attitude.  Never change any of that and continue where you left off last year!!

All the best....Wiia

• Upvote 4
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
4 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Congratulations Madison and Northwind. You deserved first prize and all the accolades that go with it. This wasn't handed to you--you went out and did it the old fashion way--you earned it.  Days and weekends of the never-ending pursuit some of us call sasquatching. 

I'm sure there were times when you thought your discovery was right around the bend...and didn't find it. And there were other times when you least expected it, and were ready to give up, it came to you. 

We're all proud of both of you for who you are as people and for what you've done.  Absolutely spectacular work and always done with a smile, laughter, and a positive attitude.  Never change any of that and continue where you left off last year!!

All the best....Wiia

Very very well said.

NatFoot
BFF Donor
52 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Very very well said.

You know he wasn't directing that at you, right?!?

:sarcastic:

BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
Just now, NatFoot said:

You know he wasn't directing that at you, right?!?

:sarcastic:

What?  

Wait...

Ok.  I read it again.  He addresses them, but it's IMPLIED that he is talking about me.  

It's subtext, man.  Read between the lines.

• Haha 1
wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

In 2020, there were untold examples of tireless efforts and excellent results by many people last year. We all cheer each one of them. It's always been exciting to log on here on a Monday morning in hopes someone that weekend had captured an image on a trailcam, came upon a footprint, recorded eyeshine, saw something streak across a trail, or quietly slink behind a tree.

For any of those to occur, it is likely that behind the scenes there have been hundreds of hours looking beneath fallen leaves, stepping over deadfall, fording streams, and tripping on tree roots or unseen rocks. And, of course, there were countless hours in the inky black of night slapping a tree with a knocker, screaming like banchee, maybe even whistling, and waiting for a sound, any sound, that would indicate something else was out there beside us. Hope springs eternal.

Many years ago, I attended my sister's graduation from law school. I remember clearly the the address by the keynote speaker who was the Chief Justice of the State Supreme Court.  He told the assembled law students, brimming with fantasies of untold success at their fingertips, that their achievements in life will not be determined by their inspiration; rather, by their perspiration.  And so it it is with sasquatching.

I here resolve to redouble my efforts in 2021. To explore new methods, new approaches, new techniques--and to adapt. To juggle time a tad better and squeeze an extra hour whenever possible for day, or night, investigations. But most of all, to enjoy every moment, and be thankful that what we do, and what we seek, is as much a discovery about ourselves as it is about a sasquatch.

The bar has been set in 2020 by which all of us will be measured, and it's a high one. Best efforts with unbridled enthusiasm to everyone in 2021.

The hunt is on.......

• Upvote 4
  • gigantor locked this topic