New Program on Amazon

okieman

I don't know if the program has been mentioned previously, but I watched a program tonight on Amazon titled "Track: Search for Australia's Bigfoot". It's about the search for the Yowie and it's not about a bunch of knuckleheads in the outback looking for the big hairy guy. It was filmed in the Blue Mountains predominately and is interesting. It's only 57" long but it's a well done program.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, okieman said:

I don't know if the program has been mentioned previously, but I watched a program tonight on Amazon titled "Track: Search for Australia's Bigfoot". It's about the search for the Yowie and it's not about a bunch of knuckleheads in the outback looking for the big hairy guy. It was filmed in the Blue Mountains predominately and is interesting. It's only 57" long but it's a well done program.

I saw this recently and thought that it was better than average for a Bigfoot documentary.  

The Blue Mountains definitely seemed like it was an area that could possibly have a population.

Have also watched this show, and agree that it is above average. My recollection is that it is less sensationalistic than some of these shows can be. For a time, years ago, I supported a team based in Sydney, Australia, and would travel there a couple times a year for business meetings and such. During one trip we had an excursion to the Blue Mountains and having been there in person, it has plenty of food sources, fresh water, lots and lots (and lots) of cover, and the tourists seem to stay on the beaten path, leaving room for wild spaces. Of course in Australia it seems like things that might be off the beaten path can and will kill you...whether it be those intensely creepy funnel web spiders (ick ick ick, clearly this is how nature says don't touch me!), the blue bottlenose jellyfish or even some of the birds like the cassowary. Australia is still one of my favorite places I have been, but you have to keep your wits about you when you are away from the city. The show is worth a watch, won't change your mind or show you new evidence, but it is pleasant all the same.

• 2 weeks later...
Admin
On 1/13/2021 at 7:08 PM, DrPSH said:

Of course in Australia it seems like things that might be off the beaten path can and will kill you...whether it be those intensely creepy funnel web spiders (ick ick ick, clearly this is how nature says don't touch me!), the blue bottlenose jellyfish or even some of the birds like the cassowary.

Oz is on my bucket list, but you are correct that virtually everything in Australia wants to kill you. Nine of the top 10 most poisonous snakes in the world live there. Do not go in the water, do not go in the desert, do not go in the forests. :lol:

At least the people are very nice!

I watched this also the other night and I enjoyed it, was better than alot of the major bigfoot shows on tv out right now. The Yowie seem much more intimidating to me for some reason. You guys are right about the scenery really beautiful place.

Admin

I have not looked at yowie sightings in a very long time, but I seem to recall that they were more aggressive and incidents less benign than those found in the PNW. 

• Like 1

Finally going to watch this. Any other suggestions for Amazon streaming or even quality bf documentaries elsewhere? So much crapola video these days that I grow weary of watching for 10 minutes only to realize there is no value in continuing.

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

Finally going to watch this. Any other suggestions for Amazon streaming or even quality bf documentaries elsewhere? So much crapola video these days that I grow weary of watching for 10 minutes only to realize there is no value in continuing.

The Small Town Monsters two part series On the Trail of Bigfoot is alright...especially the second part.  There are a couple of smug, overbearing people interviewed; but you can fast forward through their parts. 

It's pretty basic, but it's enjoyable. 

The other Sasquatch themed films that Small Town Monsters put out are not bad. 

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

Lost Kingdom of the Yeti? On Amazon. One of my favs.

ran a search and this came up.  which will I choose... animal planet or steamy Bigfoot fiction.... :crazy:

hw.jpg

Edited by Arvedis
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, hiflier said:

Lost Kingdom of the Yeti? On Amazon. One of my favs.

I just watched it. Amazing technology. But was frustrated with the results. Thanks.

Yeah, me too. I did email the scientist who did the DNA testing, but it was a while ago with no response. But it does go to show that lots of money still gets thrown at this  kind of investigation which is very encouraging, no? It first aired in 2018.