We are all Neanderthals now

norseman

BFF Patron
On 2/4/2022 at 10:16 AM, Hoekler73 said:

Neanderthals have contributed approximately 1-4% of the genomes of non-African modern humans, although a modern human who lived about 40,000 years ago has been found to have between 6-9% Neanderthal DNA (Fu et al 2015).

https://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/ancient-dna-and-neanderthals/interbreeding

DNA works in amazing ways, a third cousin can have barely recognizable dna with you yet a sixth or seventh cousin can almost load up as close as an averaged matched second cousin or first cousin sometimes removed.  A whole X chromosome intact can be transferred across generations unchanged in families in some cases. 

Edited by bipedalist

36 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

yet we still have not found attributable Sasquatch dna to date?

I'm not entirely convinced that that is true, bipedalist. Were the genetic mutations from two different areas in the Ketchum data (according to Dr. HV Hart) that were common to apes but very rare in Humans indicative of Sasquatch DNA? Was the DNA extracted from the soil samples out of the Olympic Project's nesting side really that degraded? Did the soil samples collected by Dr. Mayor really come from a Chimpanzee? The Dr. Sykes study that got switched from his Yeti assessment to ancient polar bear DNA? The DNA from the sharp points of the board placed at the Snelgrove Site? And I'm sure there are other incidents that include hair samples and things like the tissue/contents from the stomach of the creature supposedly shot by Langsdale's GCBRO group. That particular example, as far I know, has never had a finding/result published, one way or another. 

Dr. Hart is currently assessing the results from water samples he collect from the area of his encounter. So we wait, but in the mean time, Why does everything to date regarding Sasquatch DNA fail? Norseman said it so eloquently in another thread when he said it's because it doesn't fit the narrative. The Sasquatch DNA result track record, IMO, is highly suspect- and not in a good way.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 1:29 AM, Catmandoo said:

New paper released on modern humans and Neanderthals living in same area. Pushes back modern human presence about 54,000 years in France. Modern humans did not do well in this area.

The research area is huge. It has been studied for 30 years.

Every time I turn around ancient DNA shows up in a little bone, tools are found and human occupation keeps getting pushed back on the time scale.

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.abj9496

When I first learned about Gobleki Tepe in Turkey and other significantly old sites found in places (such as underwater) at times when modern science says there should not have been water my mind was completely blown. In fact, when I listened to Randall Carlson speak about the younger drias period and Robert Schoch speak on water erosion of the Sphinx and it’s surrounding walls I really felt like it made what little I knew of prehistory make perfect sense. 
I can fully believe the possibility that our ancient history was probably closer to Tolkien’s books, with little people (menehune from Hawaii or Homo florensiensis) BIG people (BF, red haired giants and the like) middle people (Neanderthals, humans) etc.