David Attenborough thinks something to Yeti

norseman

That was good. Thanks for posting it , Norseman!

I grew up watching DA's documentaries and recently watched his "swan song" tribute to his 50 years of documentaries on Netflix. However, I never fully understood the global warming issues until watching NOVA's 2-hour show called, "The Polar Extremes" from last year.

It would be great to see a documentary by DA on Cryptozoology. I remember watching a National Geographic special on the Yeti which was good but the final thoughts were that the environment could not support such a creature.

Cheers!

Edited by Believer57
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Believer57 said:

That was good. Thanks for posting it , Norseman!

I grew up watching DA's documentaries and recently watched his "swan song" tribute to his 50 years of documentaries on Netflix. However, I never fully understood the global warming issues until watching NOVA's 2-hour show called, "The Polar Extremes" from last year.

It would be great to see a documentary by DA on Cryptozoology. I remember watching a National Geographic special on the Yeti which was good but the final thoughts were that the environment could not support such a creature.

Cheers!

On the peaks where they find tracks? No. In the lush jungle valley bottoms? Yes.

32 minutes ago, norseman said:

On the peaks where they find tracks? No. In the lush jungle valley bottoms? Yes.

I agree, but National Geographic never offered that explanation to the viewer.

• Upvote 1

Very cool! That is certainly a forest full of food!

I wonder why these documentaries on the Yeti don't connect the dots (so to speak) between the mountains and the forests? 

The photo that David Attenbrough showed was a set of bare footprints from 9000 feet in the snow. They were large with splayed toes. Perhaps he or Gareth Patterson will produce some new cryptid-related documentaries for a National Geographic.

After leading the famous Yeti expeditions in the 1950's in Nepal, Peter Byrne ran a big game animal safari company in for years in his younger days before he set up his animal conservation group. To his fine credit he had a change of heart regarding hunting the day he saw the light fade from the eyes of a  Bengal Tiger at it's moment of death. At that moment he had the profound question of why he had killed such a beautiful creature as that. At the time he was forced to dispatch it after one of his clients had only wounded it and Mr. Byrne was tasked with tracking it down. Since that day Peter has worked tirelessly to save animals in Nepal from the same fate. He was hired by the Texas oil millionaire/airline owner, Tom Slick, to find the Sasquatch in the PacNW and was the first to take the geospatial approach by using geographic and chronological report data to find the creature, the goal being to capture one for scientific study. Mr. Tom Slick also had funded Peter Byrne's Yeti expeditions.

Edited by hiflier

On 1/16/2021 at 9:45 AM, Believer57 said:

Very cool! That is certainly a forest full of food!

I wonder why these documentaries on the Yeti don't connect the dots (so to speak) between the mountains and the forests? 

The photo that David Attenbrough showed was a set of bare footprints from 9000 feet in the snow. They were large with splayed toes. Perhaps he or Gareth Patterson will produce some new cryptid-related documentaries for a National Geographic.

I doubt it. He's stayed busy making global warming videos for Netflix.

• 2 weeks later...
SSR Team

Maybe the old boy is opening up a little during his last days instead of being his normal, loyal, 'science or it doesn't exist' self.

• 5 months later...
On 1/27/2021 at 7:28 AM, BobbyO said:

Maybe the old boy is opening up a little during his last days instead of being his normal, loyal, 'science or it doesn't exist' self.

"Last days" offer freedom to step away a bit from the party line.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Definitely H, that's what i was thinking..;)