Bigfoot Groups and Organizations

Believer57

5 hours ago, Believer57 said:

I keep finding groups that are new to me. This video called, "The Top 5 Sasquatch Videos from 2020" has been put together by the Rocky Mountain Sasquatch Organization. My favorite is indeed their #1 from The Sinks Sasquatch Video, Logan Canyon, Utah, on October 24th 2020. Enjoy!

#1 and #2 in that video are actually pretty damn cool.

@norseman will appreciate the prints/tracks in the snow from #2.

The interview with the witness was cool too. This video probably deserves it's own thread.

Since you guys are listening to various audio what do you think of this one?

https://youtu.be/EVVGZZl0TKI

7 years ago, so its a little older. Daughter helped her mom post it to YouTube, She refuses to talk to anyone about it. Its about 45min away from my house and 30min outside my usual research area. 

As for the main question here, I went through the same phases several years ago. The various "groups" just didnt seem work for me, especially being in WV. There are 2 groups I know of in WV, one is the one I am co-founder of and the other is a group of rogues who see bigfoot every time they go out or find tracks etc... So I didn't mix well with them when I first started going out. If your looking for a group I suggest vetting them out first, make sure they are worth their salt, and trustworthy. Conferences in your region can help too. Again just be very guarded until you know for sure everything is on the up and up.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Since you guys are listening to various audio what do you think of this one?

Yes, that was a good one of the classic "old lady moans". Not a professional as the ones from GuyInIndiana but you can still hear them over the rain and barking dogs. It's cool that they were during the day too!

I think joining a group when you're first getting involved in "sasquatchery" is a good idea. You learn how they do night ops, what equipment to bring, how to select areas which present a higher degree of confidence, and how to operate as a team.  I did that and it was a valuable experience.

After a while, I found myself wanting to focus on specific areas so I ended up doing my own thing. Now I go out by myself or with one other. A few times it has been two others, at the most. There are advantages and disadvantages to being in a group with a fair number of people. The larger the group, the longer decisions take akin to a freighter changing course. It doesn't pivot on a dime. Sometimes, legacy members hold sway and are resistant to change. "We've always done it this way!"

Finally, I think there is a fair degree of competition. That's a good thing until it you find someone who tries to torpedo another person's effort to enable themselves to stay on top of the heap. I do miss the comradery but glad to be shed of the power struggles and resistance to change. Now, if I fail, I have no one to blame but myself. 

• Upvote 1

Another reason why I am seeing disorganization (chaos) in the Bigfoot world is what I call purity. When you bring in additional mysteries like UFOs and the various attributes of the Supernatural Sasquatch (like cloaking, infrasound, etc.), it confuses and divides people further. It has the effect of wrapping a mystery in an enigma which lengthens the leap some people have to go to become a believer.

The BFF has a natural way to deal with this chaos using forums and threads. I am not sure how big the BFF membership is now but I was rather disappointed in the low number of voters for the "2020 Evidence of the Year" contest. Do we have many more lurkers than posters? How do we make the site more attractive or more organized to a new membership base?

Why do you categorize infrasound in the category of "Supernatural Sasquatch"?  Tigers, elephant, giraffe and others produce infrasound. There is nothing supernatural about them.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand the mindset that mysteries cannot be explained away by other mysteries.  

It's a mystery.  We don't know what it is or what causes it.  If we knew the answer, it wouldn't be a mystery.  It's ok to just say "I have no idea".  The problem is that this area of interest often attracts a certain type of person.  That type of person is attracted to this subject because so little is actually known, so often if they present themselves as an expert they will be perceived as an expert...by someone.  Just make stuff up and look like you know what you are talking about, and at least a few people will believe you.  

The Bigfoot world is always going to be divided and argue.  Always. Flesh and blood vs paranormal.  Ape vs humanlike.  The Bluff Creek Massacre.  If one was laid on a slab tomorrow, the people involved would still find something to argue about.  Luckily, my exposure to and interaction with other Bigfoot enthusiasts is limited to this forum and reading posts on social media, so I don't have to deal with it personally.  

As far as the odder elements of the Sasquatch phenomenon... even NAWACS and the BFRO report self illuminating eyes.  They are as flesh and blood as a group can get.  And, I bet that those secret BFRO files are just filled with stranger things than glowing eyes.

4 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

It's a mystery.  We don't know what it is or what causes it.  If we knew the answer, it wouldn't be a mystery.

It's only a mystery because our energy, focus, and money is being misdirected, and has been for way too long. And there is a strong consensus within the media, on YouTube, and in podcasts that, intentionally or not, KEEPS the focus going in the wrong direction. Need proof of that? 1,400 threads just in the General Forum alone, and that's only counting BFF 2.0. I'll hold my tongue to see if anyone has a suggestion for cracking this mystery wide open. It can be done.

Edited by hiflier
  • Like 1

I do believe that the NAWAC is one of, if not the, best group out there...They have done some amazing studies. Loved reading the report about getting a tracker to stick to one and following it for 6 months or something like that. 

On 1/22/2021 at 10:37 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

NAWAC has a podcast called Apes Among Us that is pretty informative.

I finally got a chance to listen to some of the Apes Among Us podcasts and was impressed with the content and format. The latest episode called, "Exploring Alternative Paths to Discovery" was exceptionally fun to listen to. The NAWAC seems quite organized and willing to broadcast their ideas and findings. They are becoming one of my favorite organizations.

28 minutes ago, Believer57 said:

I finally got a chance to listen to some of the Apes Among Us podcasts and was impressed with the content and format. The latest episode called, "Exploring Alternative Paths to Discovery" was exceptionally fun to listen to. The NAWAC seems quite organized and willing to broadcast their ideas and findings. They are becoming one of my favorite organizations.

They are well organized BUT... a wee bit to over commited to the pro kill scenario. There are other ways to get DNA for a baseline. An acquaintance also tried joining them a few years ago and was quite turned off by their arrogance. Any group in this research of a phenomenon that is so certain that they have it all figured out but dont have the goods should gain some scrutiny imo. Nobody gets a pass.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

There are other ways to get DNA for a baseline.

Yes, but what is the baseline? What would anyone be looking for?

20 hours ago, hiflier said:

Yes, but what is the baseline? What would anyone be looking for?

That first sample of proven dna that would be compared against going forward.

• Upvote 1

That first sample of DNA that is going to be explained away as contaminated human DNA?  

Any such sample will be trotted out as evidence by people who already believe and dismissed by everyone else.

I agree that no one has this figured out, but DNA samples without an accompanying body are not going to prove anything to anyone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I agree that no one has this figured out, but DNA samples without an accompanying body are not going to prove anything to anyone.

But if it's primate DNA but when compared to known genomes in the GenBank of Humans and/or Great Apes and there are no matches then it must be saying something. I've been saying as much all along. Primate DNA is primate DNA after all. And since there is all kinds of primate DNA for comparison, those are the baselines. No matches mean new species and if that occurs in North America then.....BINGO! The trick to the whole thing lies in what part of a genome gets targeted? If one is looking for Human specific genes and they aren't present in the sample then.......

• Like 1