Bigfoot Hunting in Oklahoma?

hiflier

Yep. Just a Human with hypertrichosis. That same Human also happens to wear no clothes, is 7 feet tall, stinks to high whatever, weighs in at 800 lbs, has a retrograde thumb position, and a foot with a midtarsal break, no record of birth and, oh yes, and is homeless. Walks on two legs though, so it must be Human :)

Edited by hiflier

To the Honobia Public Library, of course, but only for picture books. And I'll bet the librarian doesn't chase the thing down for late fees either ;) I'll also throw in that the beast has been considering giving that Representative Humphrey a nice little visit some night. Or figure out a way to trap HIM and see how HE likes it.

Edited by hiflier

Going to guess david75090 was referring to either:

* some DNA studies having BF as partially human. What if the dead bigfoot that was carried back to civilization occupying the entire bed of his extended pickup and hanging over the side, turns out to be human based on the genetic testing that allegedly also takes place?

* someone with poor hunting skills shoots a human thinking it is a BF.

On 1/28/2021 at 9:25 PM, Arvedis said:

someone with poor hunting skills shoots a human thinking it is a BF

That's already happened but even that isn't enough to have anyone step up to the podium and tell the truth to keep it from happening again. There is something wrong with that picture.

I also move that no one has suggested to Rep Humphrey that the sale of licenses, and any revenue from his hoped-for increase in tourism dollars, be used to fund research and investigation into the existence of the creature. But the man can somehow find/use the revenue to offer a $25,000 bounty? He probably thinks he's safe because no one thinks the Sasquatch exists anyway? Or, if he thinks it does, that no one will ever succeed in trapping one. Fun isn't it?

I'll bet the BF conference vendors are thrilled. Hey, wait a minute....I could sell books there. OOOPSIE, my book isn't about trapping a BF. It's about shooting one outright. Okay, never mind.

Edited by hiflier

Along Highway 69/75 in Southern Oklahoma near Caney (Atoka County) is a business called "Bigfoot's B-B-Q". Haven't been up that way in a while. I believe it closed before the pandemic. Always gave me a chuckle as I drove by. The sign had a large outline of Bigfoot. I'd imagine going in and being waited on by a guy wearing a full-body hairnet.

Big Foot B-B-Q 3.jpg

Edited by david75090

BFF Patron
On 1/25/2021 at 7:14 PM, okieman said:

I'm not sure how anyone would think the shooting of a BF in Oklahoma as the laws stand or lack thereof would be illegal. There is nothing prohibiting the shooting of one as this creature is not a recognized species to even have a season to begin with.

Most states own the natural resources of that state, mining, trees to some extent, but in general the flora and fauna belong to the state. You are issued a permit to harvest that flora/fauna.  Anything not designate/recognized belongs to the state, I'll leave it to you and your lawyer to work that out with the state, when you harvest a Bigfoot, and if it was legal. 

Harvest it on a bear tag and bring it in claiming you shot a bear and see what happens. Or prop it up on the front porch and if anyone asks tell them tell them it's a replica you purchased from Ken Walker. Ken might even back you up on that. Then claim a defect in the product and ship it "back" to Ken for repair. He'll know what to do and take it from there.

Edited by hiflier
  • Like 1

BFF Patron
On 1/26/2021 at 10:39 PM, david75090 said:

The problem, as always, is you shoot a bigfoot and if turns out to be genetically human. Hunting accident? Murder?

The real issue is these idiots are actually going down the road of encouraging people to shoot at something on two legs....don't ya think? 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Foxhill said:

Most states own the natural resources of that state, mining, trees to some extent, but in general the flora and fauna belong to the state. You are issued a permit to harvest that flora/fauna.  Anything not designate/recognized belongs to the state, I'll leave it to you and your lawyer to work that out with the state, when you harvest a Bigfoot, and if it was legal. 

No. The state owns the flora on state lands. And it administers the fauna within the state boundaries that isn’t superseded by US fish and game or the US Park Service. Some states have a clause about unspecified species for collection while others do not. Most of the public lands are administered by BLM and USFS. The US Park Service would come in third. 

Im guessing if Oklahoma specifically passes a hunting season for a undiscovered species? That would be a green light. 

Regardless I think the scientific discovery would far outweigh the game warden asking for your license and tag no matter what state your in..... unless we include conspiracy. 

17 minutes ago, Foxhill said:

The real issue is these idiots are actually going down the road of encouraging people to shoot at something on two legs....don't ya think? 

If I can make the distinction between a whitetail deer and a mule deer? I think making the distinction between a 8 ft tall Bigfoot covered in hair versus a 5’9” human covered in clothes is kinda trivial don’t yah think?

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
2 minutes ago, norseman said:

If I can make the distinction between a whitetail deer and a mule deer? I think making the distinction between a 8 ft tall Bigfoot covered in hair versus a 5’9” human covered in clothes is kinda trivial don’t yah think?

I don't know anything about you other than what you post on this site......based on that I wouldn't go in the woods if I knew you were there armed.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:57 AM, Foxhill said:

It would seem that it's problematic to shoot something that walks on two legs in America. Is there a game animal that does that, other than a bird on the ground? A bear does, but not full time or as it's regular gait. Yeah, we'd like a Big Foot specimen. So far, with DNA attempts, it's still iffy as to what a Big Foot is genetically. Probably shooting one, you could claim "self-defense" if they're the size that we believe they are.

8 minutes ago, david75090 said:

So far, with DNA attempts, it's still iffy as to what a Big Foot is genetically.

So far you are correct. It has taken much time, thought, and effort to address the problem since none (scientists) that I've reached out to have gone the distance. Not even close. Things have taken a recent turn, though, and I am encouraged though it's still too early to be sure. But believe me, after three yeas of baby steps, I'm ready for the long jump. I hope it happens, and happens soon. Folks distinguish between physical proof and DNA, but DNA would BE physical proof. After all, any genetic material that could be tested would have come from a physical body, right? So, short of a body in whole or in part, I have to trust this branch of science. Without a body this is the only physical alternative that science would accept.