Jump to content

Possible Sasquatch Caught On Video???


Recommended Posts

I have been following Shawn James' YouTube channel, "My Self Reliance", for a few years. He is a serious outdoorsman who lives in Canada and has over 1.73 million subscribers to his YouTube channel. In this particular video, around 37:22, someone or something can be seen running through the background. There are quite a few comments on the video from viewers who also noticed it. For myself, it seems to be someone wearing brown pants... or the sun reflecting off of brown fur? To the best of my knowledge, Shawn has yet to comment on it. I'm sure someone reading this has the technology/software to dissect it. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

 

Video

 

Edited by Rod
Clarification
Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
BFF Donor

It appears to me someone running along a road or trail. If they were running through the woods there would be a lot of ducking and weaving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, norseman said:

It appears to me someone running along a road or trail. If they were running through the woods there would be a lot of ducking and weaving.

 

Fair observation. Of course, he is intentionally in an extremely rural area where he is building his log cabin/homestead. Actually, this will be his second log cabin/homestead. He abandoned his first homestead because he discovered the government was planning to build a road near it. With that said, that is not to say he videoed this deer in the same area. But, he usually does all of his videography away from any signs of civilization.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
BFF Donor
7 minutes ago, Rod said:

 

Fair observation. Of course, he is intentionally in an extremely rural area where he is building his log cabin/homestead. Actually, this will be his second log cabin/homestead. He abandoned his first homestead because he discovered the government was planning to build a road near it. With that said, that is not to say he videoed this deer in the same area. But, he usually does all of his videography away from any signs of civilization.

 

 


I should have said someone or something. The camera is focused on the deer instead of the background. So it’s impossible to make out clearly. Would be interesting to know where he filmed the deer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, norseman said:


I should have said someone or something. The camera is focused on the deer instead of the background. So it’s impossible to make out clearly. Would be interesting to know where he filmed the deer.

 

It sure would. And it's interesting that the deer does not seem phased at all by whatever or whoever it was. I would think that Shawn would have seen it while editing together the video. Still waiting to see if he comments on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, norseman said:


I should have said someone or something. The camera is focused on the deer instead of the background. So it’s impossible to make out clearly. Would be interesting to know where he filmed the deer.

 

I take that back... the deer's ears do seem to pick up the movement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, @ 5:20 (in the lower left corner) you can also see someone in the background. But, this time you can tell it is someone with a heavy coat on and blonde hair. If I had to guess, that is Shawn's wife.

Edited by Rod
Clarification
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gone through the video comments and have not seen Shawn comment on any pertaining to this subject. One explanation could be either Shawn or his wife skiing in the background. His wife and daughter accompanies him at times. With that in mind, it does sort of look like someone is skiing. If so, then mystery solved.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier
BFF Donor

He has a great dog! He looks just like my Eddie and acts and rolls in the snow and jumps through it like he did. It's hard to beat such a fun-loving Golden :)

 

Couldn't make out the traveler in the background. Moving along pretty quickly though. A Human would have to be on skis to move fast in that kind of snow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JustCurious

I think it could be his dog running through there.  Or another deer.  It does appear to be something 4-legged.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...