Bigfoot - What is it?

Believer57

Bigfoot - What is it?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Educate me, please. How is "hybrid" even a viable option? Aren't hybrids generally sterile? Are hybrids considered a species? Thanks in advance.

The hypothesis concerning Hybrids between Sapiens and Neanderthals is that only female hybrids could produce offspring. It would seem male hybrids were sterile. How do they know this? It would seem no one has found Y chromosome Neanderthal DNA in modern men. It’s gone extinct despite European and Asian populations carrying between 4-8% Neanderthal DNA in them. All passed on through Mitochondrial X chromosomes passed from mother to child.

I’m extremely dumb when it comes to DNA. I try. But I seriously question the hypothesis that Bigfoot and humans could breed and create offspring. Based on morphology of humans and supposed traits of Bigfoot. Look how closely Sapiens and Thals resemble one another. And they had problems interbreeding. And now look at Patty....... 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2016-04-08/neanderthal-y-chromosome-disappeared-from-modern-men/7308982

C25643D1-0F28-4467-8FA1-75906121F3E5.webp

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Believer57 said:

None taken.  Just the thought of cryptids having sex with human females gets me all randy. :devil:

That thought has the same effect on Ketchum, apparently.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, norseman said:

But I seriously question the hypothesis that Bigfoot and humans could breed and create offspring.

As do I. Modern Humans, as close as they are to each other, have a difficult enough time regarding organ transplantation because of tissue rejection issues. The article Norseman posted suggested that the Human female may have been able to give birth to one hybrid child but the effect would be to set her up with being sensitive to the Neanderthal males y chromosome antigens and miscarry future fetuses.

I would appear that Nature had set up a fail safe for species survival where Modern Human males could produce hybrid offspring with good y chromosomes but Modern Human females would reject offspring. It would be assured that Neanderthal males would eventually be selected out. Makes me wonder if that's how so many other branches of early Humans who intermingled went extinct. It could result that larger populations of early species had an evolutionary edge if a female from a larger group wasn't able to produce hybrid offspring but males could. It may mean in the long run that a larger species population would be almost guaranteed to remain extant over a smaller one of a different species. Of course, it's a generalization and we all know how generalizations can go.      

• Upvote 1

I am not sure. Don't you think that if our human DNA was compatible with these creatures DNA that it would be possible for the two of us to mate with each other? There is allot of closeness that we share with these creatures. This I mean by walking upright and the way that they think. It almost seems like they seem to understand us. Yet, they do not want live the same way that we do. They live more on the wild side then what we would want to live. They have no issues on what we call borders. Yet, they live freely.

Oh, By the way I chose other since I do not see them like what others do. I guess you can say that I see them more of a being and alien being. Yet, they have human in them that brings that understanding about us. The being part is some thing I just have no way of explaining.   

1 hour ago, ShadowBorn said:

Don't you think that if our human DNA was compatible with these creatures DNA that it would be possible for the two of us to mate with each other?

Of course, ShadowBorn, IF their DNA was compatible. But they are farther away from us in time and genetics than even Denisovans.

1 hour ago, ShadowBorn said:

This I mean by walking upright and the way that they think

Upright walking, yes. But I honestly don't think they can think like we do. At least when it comes to what they've accomplished technologically over time. If they would sit still long enough for us to teach them things, even as simple as counting to ten, they could advance. But they don't have the ability to figure it out or advance on their own. Doesn't mean we're better, but we have a more highly sophisticated brain make up.. Chimps can ride bicycles, Sasquatches probably could too. But if we just put a bicycle in front of either one, they won't know what to do with it unless they are taught. In the past I have equated Sasquatch to a Human toddler, that may not be too far off the mark.

On 2/18/2021 at 5:49 AM, Believer57 said:

Just the thought of cryptids having sex with human females gets me all randy. :devil:

I have an ex gf who would go for that. I could never understand it and I don't want to. But to me it is proof there are females who actually think about it.

So for all dudes that resemble cryptids, there is hope.

Edited by Arvedis

Can we please refrain from the biology of the nature of these creatures and Humans. We have to respect that there may be kids reading these threads so please keep them clean. We al understand the nature of these creatures and the problems that have happened with the Native Americans back in the day. But we need to stay with in the guide lines of the forum.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Three million years is the general rule in biology for hybridization. If the lines are separated by less than three million years hybridization is at least possible.  One definition of a species (there are more than one) says a species is a reproductive unit.  This means reproductive isolation.  Reproductive isolation can result by several means.  For instance, if one breeding population (or race) of that species fails to recognize another member as being of that species, they may not mate.  If one is very large and one is very small, they may not mate (think of Great Danes and poodles).  The two have to be chemically compatible, so if the chemistry of the reproductive tract differs, they may not be able to reproduce.  If the chromosomes fail to line up or if they differ in number, reproduction may be impossible.  Finally, a species is a species "in nature" so if the two creatures in question never come in contact but they breed in a zoo, they may be considered different species even then.  Then there are behavior differences by which biologists say different species exist.  Think of Darwin's finches.  They had all recently occupied different niches but were very closely related genetically and usually failed to recognize each other as being in the same species.  Then there are the exceptions and for almost every rule regarding species there are exceptions.   Great Danes cannot breed with poodles but through intermediary dogs, they are able to exchange genes so they are part of the same species.

When different species exchange genes there is a word for this, introgression.  Now we know introgression happens frequently.  White tailed deer and mule deer have been found to exchange genes, yet they are clearly different species by other species rules.  An aspect of introgression is there are no clines, no intermediary populations, no hybrid zone.  So all offspring go to one or the other parental group and if they breed themselves, they do so in that group.  The result of introgression is almost all of the new genes are selected against and disappear.  It is only those few genes which have a super selective advantage which take hold in the new population.  So we inherited new genes for disease resistance from Neanderthals and Denisovans.

In some areas 30-90% of the human leukocyte antigen (HLA) originated from Neanderthals and Denisovans.  As we see with Coivid 19, this can have big advantages.

For alleged human-bigfoot hybrids (this introgression by any measure) it should be no problem to pick out the bigfoot genes and begin characterizing them and finding out what each gene does.

Shadowborn, I don't know how you talk about differences between humans and bigfoot without talking about biology.  Biology is the difference.

• Downvote 1