Interview of Daniel Perez by Cliff Barackman and Bobo Fay

Daniel Perez

That was a good podcast, enjoyed it.  Daniel said it was his first, did not sound like it!  I've been tempted to subscribe to the Bigfoot Times just to get some physical mail I actually want to read...

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 1980squatch said:

That was a good podcast, enjoyed it.  Daniel said it was his first, did not sound like it!  I've been tempted to subscribe to the Bigfoot Times just to get some physical mail I actually want to read...

I've subscribed for a couple years and I enjoy it. If you like reading books on the subject, it is a good source for new publications that you might otherwise not hear about.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Arvedis said:

So what is the value of MBM over say, listening to this Daniel Perez interview?

I hear you and I tend to agree. For those of us that can no longer get into the woods, the videos in the PNW region really add to the overall story experience. When he hooked up with Ken Walker, I expected some interesting things to happen. I could just be impatient and weary of the Covid isolation. Justin seems like an honest guy with good intentions so I will still support him.

21 hours ago, Arvedis said:

He seems like a decent fella so this isn't a criticism. More of a critique. Has MBM ever filmed anything that would qualify as BF research? What i have seen is endless footage of him talking (that doesn't grab me but perhaps for others it works). He's a skilled outdoorsman, survivalist, what have you but there nothing going on. What i see is a guy with a camera that publishes "documentaries" on Amazon (are there 3 or 4 or more?), that frankly seem to exist because the guy is skilled enough to thread together his monologues. That's a skill. Most wandering talkers would just toss up whatever to YouTube and call it something.

So what is the value of MBM over say, listening to this Daniel Perez interview?

His experience in the woods is similar to mine. Sometimes I find suggestive evidence. But no smoking gun. What I do find interesting in MBM case? Is he is operating in the same area as Standing.... 

So the obvious question is? Why is Standing getting all the action when he steps one foot into the woods?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, norseman said:

Why is Standing getting all the action when he steps one foot into the woods?

I think those were different time periods. I haven't seen any action from TS in 6-11 years. All his newer videos are revived old footage. MBM videos seem to start around 4-5 years ago. Les Stroud did see some action in those areas with TS but he never stuck around long enough for follow up. After a while, the BFs seem to move along to other remote spots.

37 minutes ago, Believer57 said:

I think those were different time periods. I haven't seen any action from TS in 6-11 years. All his newer videos are revived old footage. MBM videos seem to start around 4-5 years ago. Les Stroud did see some action in those areas with TS but he never stuck around long enough for follow up. After a while, the BFs seem to move along to other remote spots.

I think Standing is a hoaxer is why. While Justin is a honest man. That’s why you see the discrepancy in evidence.

I would rather watch an honest man in the woods, than “exciting” dramatized hooey. After the muppet heads? Standing cannot be trusted in my book.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Grabbed this from another thread since there is crossover with this one:

On 7/13/2019 at 2:03 PM, norseman said:

Mountain beast mysteries is ******* the same mountains outside of Nordegg as Standing is......

Some interesting tracks, some stick structures some strange noises. About it. It’s not on par with flares and screams or muppet heads peering out from saplings fer sure!

Transparency is key. Where exactly is Standing filming? Who else has filmed Bigfoot in the area? He told Finding Bigfoot it was too dangerous to take them to the spot. Not good...

Hard to say if the two were in the exact same area or not since we are dealing with vast tracts of wilderness.  Standing is not a good filmmaker but knew where to zero in that area. MBM is a good filmmaker apparently not looking in the right area. So they really needed to work together in this case, which of course did not happen. 

2 hours ago, Believer57 said:

With the exception of Standing's film Discovering BF. Standing needed to rebound with a convincing case because of the puppet heads blowback.  The puppets have already been talked about to death but, that doesn't mean everything he has ever done is hoaxed.  Watch Discovering BF. There's a sequence where he draws the juveniles in with tasty apples they could not resist. That riles the alpha. It's pitch dark and we just have some barely visible outlines of the creatures and audio to go by. A case can be made it is fake but it seems more of an unpredictable encounter than a staged one.

It was either leading up to that sequence or not long afterwards when Meldrum had the semi-sighting or acknowledgement that there was a presence in the area.

I think Standing knew exactly where to go to get that scrappy footage in the dark.  That was all he could muster though. The Bigfoots left the area after that.  His latest efforts are just circular but he is still a primary influencer in bigfootery due to his Discovering BF film. He has a steady stream of enthusiasts, curiosity seekers and others seeking answers.

Edited by Arvedis

Arvedis,

I'm not as hard core convinced of TS's hoaxing. However, I will concede that he is not a likeable guy and can therefor polarize an audience. Part of my hesitation on condemning TS is his loose association with Survivorman, Les Stroud. Not only did LS find activity with TS, he stated that he has watched the raw footage of Jake and Jill many times and just can't say if it was hoaxed or real. How many people have said the same thing about PGF? We end up on the same path to needing a body.

P.S norseman, I do consider you our "honest man" on BFF. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, norseman said:

I think Standing is a hoaxer is why. While Justin is a honest man. That’s why you see the discrepancy in evidence.

I would rather watch an honest man in the woods, than “exciting” dramatized hooey. After the muppet heads? Standing cannot be trusted in my book.

I completely agree . He should not be considered anything but a known hoaxer. 

I could also say the same thing about Freeman who hoaxed foot prints and filmed a fat dude in a suit.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I completely agree . He should not be considered anything but a known hoaxer. 

I could also say the same thing about Freeman who hoaxed foot prints and filmed a fat dude in a suit.

We could say that about ANY evidence of Bigfoot. But I challenge you to find me a Bigfoot suit that looks this bad.....

Freeman’s “fat man in a suit” isn’t nearly that bad. Maybe Rick Dyer’s “Hank” is that bad....maybe. Actually looking at them side by side? No it isn’t.

1A7BF1AF-7A0A-4176-A82C-5B40DE864D60.jpeg

39225978-D223-4611-9868-26A947E7F9C0.jpeg

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

The Patterson film subject has spoiled us. 

Doubtful. It more likely is what it is. 

4 hours ago, norseman said:

Freeman’s “fat man in a suit” isn’t nearly that bad.

If Freeman had a fat man suit then he severely underplayed it.  It must have taken a whole lot of effort to construct such as suit only to produce fractions of seconds worth of barely credible footage. Freeman hoaxed some of his footprint casts when he needed to sell something and keep his research going. His video footage gained him pretty much nothing.

Edited by Arvedis