Is Anyone Feeling Closer To Sasquatch Discovery?

hiflier

I'd be less pro-kill if the reputation of the creature didn't supersede any other known method of proving a species valid, outside of a body. Because of its mythical status, I cannot see anything else but a body being suitable grounds to verify the animal. WE might know it exists, but the general population does not, and it's REQUIRED at this point to bring in some seriously hard evidence. WE have to cater to THEIR wants....as unfortunate as it is.

Edited by Marty

On 2/26/2021 at 4:27 PM, hiflier said:

Just thought I'd ask anyone who's on the quest/lookout for Bigfoot if they felt they are closing in on discovering the creature.

Yep, found him. Ain't showing you though. However, I will send you some Bigfoot poo if you want.

2 hours ago, norseman said:

I used “your” as a blanket term. As in anyone’s....

Then say "anyone's" if that's what you meant, it's more accurate.

So your no longer a pro kill proponent. Duly noted.

Things change as new information becomes available. Being open minded means accepting that things change as long as there is good evidence to support the change.

Shooting rare species  to provide a type specimen to be documented by science is BETTER than letting the rare species drift off quietly into the darkness

Old thinking that hasn't kept up. I'm 72.....and I keep up. Especially where peer reviewed science (many times over) becomes relative to this particular subject.

Your NOT going to force the government into admitting anything without leverage. Something conclusive.

My thinking exactly, Norseman.

I hate to sound like a broken record here.

No worries, you're not.

2 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Nudging science has not worked and just brings credibility attacks.

Not everything has been tried. If the creature is in fact real do you think such an important discovery is worth pursuing every avenue available?

2 hours ago, Arvedis said:

I don't like the idea of killing anything but "we" are out of options.

Not so fast. "We" are not out of options. I would rather not open an old argument about that on this thread. Moving backwards probably isn't the best idea here.

2 hours ago, Marty said:

We have nothing better to offer because that's THE BEST we could offer, a body, live or dead (probably have to be dead) is what is ultimately going to prove the species. If any other method worked we'd have been accepted by now, but we're still chasing our tails with tracks and "DNA".

DNA again? Can we lose the DNA thing for a while?

2 hours ago, Marty said:

If two cowboys can stumble upon a Bigfoot long enough for them to get a clear video shot of it, imagine what two hunters, set out specifically to get such a creature, can do?

Tell it to NAWAC, because personally? I'm done imagining anything.

2 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

I wish I could agree with you about DNA evidence.

No one is asking you to. Especially me because this thread isn't about DNA evidence and why folks keep insisting on making DNA the subject of this discussion is beyond me. Shall we get back on track? This is about inputting suggestions on how to move the BF community forward as a whole toward a goal of discovery. Just about everything that has been said so far has involved skipping steps necessary to somehow get science involved. Scientists wading in on this subject in numbers would be a great help but scientists are not hearing from us as a collective. I think that's one thing that we could easily change should we so desire. And we might move toward that goal as so far it is an unproven methodology that could be tried. Like I said scientists like when the public gets interested and responds to their efforts in whatever relative field that would apply to the Bigfoot subject.

2 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

I also am convinced the government's of both the United States and Canada know the creature exists. Which is all the more reason why collecting a type specimen is necessary. There will be nothing any government cover up could do at that point.

I wouldn't be too sure about that, WB. I also agree that the government knows about these creatures. But the BF community has no credibility as far as the government goes, and why should anyone care about that anyway.  What we should more care about our credibility with scientists and seek out the ones who want to investigate the matter. They are out there and I really do think they need our support....not just one of us. As many as are willing to back them. Scientists need the kind of boost that only a large supportive audience from the private sector can give them. There is a grassroots out there, scientists who are interested in investigating Bigfoot. Should they start hearing from us?

As I said, this is only one suggestion that anyone or everyone would have an easy time doing. Scientists like to hear from the public and they do respond. I'm sure people have other suggestions that may be better than this and this thread is meant to give a platform for those suggestions.

• Like 1

I think if proof is your end goal, you have to have a plan but you need to be prepared to take advantage of unexpected opportunities as well.

More than that .. if proof is your end goal and if you believe the governments of the US and Canada already know about bigfoot and are blocking scientific discovery, then you have to figure out how to get the evidence into the hands of scientists not already "turned" and to get public acknowledgement you have to figure out how to get to major media bypassing whatever the 2 governments have already got in place.  

Just as discovery is hindered by underestimating the intelligence of the bigfoots "we" chase, public awareness will be hindered by underestimating the "reach" of the forces opposed to presentation of that discovery.  

My advice, if you're serious about this, is to keep your mouth shut about your plans.    Anything said on a public forum, even via personal messenger, goes over the internet and can be monitored.   This creates a bit of a catch-22 when trying to organize a group effort.

MIB

2 hours ago, Marty said:

WE might know it exists, but the general population does not, and it's REQUIRED at this point to bring in some seriously hard evidence. WE have to cater to THEIR wants....as unfortunate as it is

Yes, agreed, but with limitations. My point is that the public's REQUIREMENT needs to come from a credible source. And we are not it. Which means we're off the hook and don't have to cater to ANYONE'S "wants." And we don't have to cater to science's wants either. In truth, it should be the other way around. That's why I suggesting that it might be better to work from a position where science gives us what WE want. But what scientists don't know is that they have an audience. Granted, right now it's pretty much a silent audience, but it doesn't have to be. I mean, we do keep a close eye on them right? All I'm saying is maybe we should let them know that, but in a very positive way. I doubt they would expect a collective voice coming from a strong BF community, but I also suspect that more than one just might be relieved.

11 minutes ago, MIB said:

I think if proof is your end goal

if proof is your end goal

you have to figure out how to get the evidence into the hands of scientists

if you're serious about this

keep your mouth shut about your plans

Sorry, MIB, I must have missed your suggestion about moving the BF community forward? IDK maybe you forgot to type it in?

Oh, wait a sec.....I see now....you're giving me (the ignorant one obviously) some advice. Nice diversionary tactic. You seem to do that a lot. I'd even dare say more than most?

Ready for your suggestions now if you are.

Edited by hiflier

In my experience there's never one by itself. There's always others. Killing one may be your last stand. I don't think you could get the body or the remains off target without an intervention from these beings themselves. They are smarter than we are in the woods. We are not capable to match them even with massive fire power. They know what guns are they know what trail cameras are they know what electronics are and the capabilities of all. I don't think humans are the top dog on this planet especially in the wilderness. IMO

The "Bigfoot" community if you wanna call it that continually recycles the idea that these beings are apes like a gorilla or orangutan. I can tell you these things are closer to human than you could ever imagine. That's just my close-up experience. Take it for whatever it is I am not gonna try to prove it to anybody all I can do is reiterate what I have experienced myself.

The "Bigfoot" community is fractured by all the arguing and infighting. There's plenty of information and resources out there that could deliver what a lot of folks are asking for(evidence). It's really up to you as an individual to figure it out. I also didn't come here to argue and fight about what my experience is or was. It's basically believe it or not.  I know what I saw and with my background I can tell you at least that these beings outclass us in the wilderness 10 fold.

I'm on the fence about the woo side of this phenomenon. What I have experienced is flesh and blood so far. I could easily go down a rabbit hole and speculate but I don't think like that. I have my audio recordings, therm videos casts.  It really is up to you to figure it out and trying to convince others of Sasquatch existence is not something I'm interested in. 

I can tell you when you do have an experience and those that are here that have it is probably one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced in my life. And I've done a lot.

Stay safe out there and make sure you have a personal locator beacon. Good luck

Edited by xdivision
Spelling

1 hour ago, Rockape said:

Yep, found him. Ain't showing you though. However, I will send you some Bigfoot poo if you want.

Wow, cool, you're the second Steering Committee member to help dilute/divert the discussion. Actually the third but Norseman was at least civil And does help out. In that other thread you same three showed up and it became a fiasco. A forth SC member BCwitness, came on but the man got high marks for being a gentleman, and had good gentlemanly things to say.

I asked once, and I'll ask again, what's the heck's going on around here? The pattern is obvious so why done all of you just come right out and say what's on your minds? If you don't wish the BFF to gt anywhere or stand up for itself in the world, since it IS the biggest and best Bigfoot Forum IN the world, then just say so. Otherwise bring something positive to the table and cease the ol' stumbling block routine. It's getting pretty old and obvious by now.

10 minutes ago, hiflier said:

what scientists don't know is that they have an audience. Granted, right now it's pretty much a silent audience, but it doesn't have to be. I mean, we do keep a close eye on them right? All I'm saying is maybe we should let them know that, but in a very positive way. I doubt they would expect a collective voice coming from a strong BF community, but I also suspect that more than one just might be relieved.

Scientists are actually pretty easy to figure out. They all have a need for validation of their successes and crave attention. Look at the world's most famous dinosaur fossil hunter, what's his name. He is on EVERY paper with anything to do with even the smallest of confirmed dinosaur bone finds so he can talk about it on national geographic channel. The internet and streaming media have avenues of exposure the dusty old academics of yesteryear never had.

To get an in with any academic, just cater to their rock star fantasies.

"Dude, I read your paper on the cytoskeletal tension and RhoA regulation of cell lineage. It was awesome"

"really?"

"Yea, the part about osteoblastic phenotypes really stood to me. I had no idea cells cultured in microgravity worked that way."

"I...didn't think anyone would notice"

"Hey, can you do some DNA testing for free? For Bigfoot samples?"

"Uh...."

"In your lab of course. We don't want to ask Dr. Todd. He's kind of the anti-Bigfoot advocate in DNA testing and we need a fresh, gullible, guy like yourself to step into the role of visible Bigfoot DNA tester"

"Hmmm...are reality shows involved"

"Yes. People will like you because Dr. Meldrum has become sooooo boring. But, you'd never know it. His meet and greet at the Texas Bigfoot Conference sold out at $200 a pop"

"I see"

"So what do you say?"

"Sure, I guess. Did you say Bigfoot samples?"

"Yep, fresh carcass, By the way, you may run into men in black. Just saying it's a possibility"

4 minutes ago, hiflier said:

If you don't wish the BFF to gt anywhere or stand up for itself in the world, since it IS the biggest and best Bigfoot Forum IN the world, then just say so.

You asking people are they going to find Bigfoot soon ain't bringing anything to the table. If you want to bring something serious, then maybe you'll get something worthwhile in return.

3 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Scientists are actually pretty easy to figure out. They all have a need for validation of their successes and crave attention.

Generally I think you're right. I mean who doesn't want validation for whatever they do. People who remove trash from neighborhoods like to be appreciated. Scientists like recognition as much as anyone else. The question is, would anyone be open to becoming science "groupies, LOL, for the sake of have some scientists who might want to study the subject anyway, end up in our court? Would it help? Would it hurt? Other suggestions?  

50 minutes ago, hiflier said:

No one is asking you to. Especially me because this thread isn't about DNA evidence and why folks keep insisting on making DNA the subject of this discussion is beyond me. Shall we get back on track? This is about inputting suggestions on how to move the BF community forward as a whole toward a goal of discovery. Just about everything that has been said so far has involved skipping steps necessary to somehow get science involved. Scientists wading in on this subject in numbers would be a great help but scientists are not hearing from us as a collective. I think that's one thing that we could easily change should we so desire. And we might move toward that goal as so far it is an unproven methodology that could be tried. Like I said scientists like when the public gets interested and responds to their efforts in whatever relative field that would apply to the Bigfoot subject.

I wouldn't be too sure about that, WB. I also agree that the government knows about these creatures. But the BF community has no credibility as far as the government goes, and why should anyone care about that anyway.  What we should more care about our credibility with scientists and seek out the ones who want to investigate the matter. They are out there and I really do think they need our support....not just one of us. As many as are willing to back them. Scientists need the kind of boost that only a large supportive audience from the private sector can give them. There is a grassroots out there, scientists who are interested in investigating Bigfoot. Should they start hearing from us?

As I said, this is only one suggestion that anyone or everyone would have an easy time doing. Scientists like to hear from the public and they do respond. I'm sure people have other suggestions that may be better than this and this thread is meant to give a platform for those suggestions.

We currently have 1120 members here on BFF. If even a majority of us signed a petition to the scientific community asking them to investigate the subject that would at least get their attention. 

How do you propose we go about this? Perhaps a thread with an electronic docusign option that we can email?