Expedition Bigfoot claims to have found unknown primate eDNA

BlackRockBigfoot

I have a hard time with "snow walker prime" since he is a babbler.  If anyone is able to tolerate this video, please post a summary of the argument if valid. 

BFF Donor
On 3/9/2021 at 2:42 PM, hiflier said:

so this is all a smoke blowing exercise.

I am not able to hold back..............

This image has been in my files for a long time.  The expression 'blowing smoke' goes back to the historical development of the tobacco smoke enema which was used in attempts to revive drowning victims. Results are sketchy.

Works well in the entertainment genre

242008173_SasquatchResuscitation2009.jpg

Edited by Catmandoo
more text
  • Haha 2

I was thinking external smoke blowing, like politician-speak. But I guess a smoke enema works too.

14 hours ago, Arvedis said:

I have a hard time with "snow walker prime" since he is a babbler.  If anyone is able to tolerate this video, please post a summary of the argument if valid. 

Yer bustin on our local Bf celebrity!

He was ranting about why anyone would believe the EB crew after the first season of "stretched" truth.

Generally making the point that their findings are not to be trusted.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Kiwakwe said:

Yer bustin on our local Bf celebrity!

He was ranting about why anyone would believe the EB crew after the first season of "stretched" truth.

Generally making the point that their findings are not to be trusted.

Is he on this board?  His position on the show is understandable. Though, I'm not seeing the same anti-EB backlash on FB that flared up a while back. Actually, I'm seeing Expedition Bigfoot gain in popularity.

I'm not sure this particular episode has broadcast yet. Maybe we will see more podcasters take notice then.

Note to Mr. Merchant: let's see/ hear those biology chops in action. We're all skeptical to an extent but this specific case deserves scrutiny with benefit of the doubt.

3 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Is he on this board?  His position on the show is understandable. Though, I'm not seeing the same anti-EB backlash on FB that flared up a while back. Actually, I'm seeing Expedition Bigfoot gain in popularity.

I'm not sure this particular episode has broadcast yet. Maybe we will see more podcasters take notice then.

Note to Mr. Merchant: let's see/ hear those biology chops in action. We're all skeptical to an extent but this specific case deserves scrutiny with benefit of the doubt.

I didn't clarify too well, by "our" I meant those residing in ME.

I'm not surprised you're not finding the backlash, constant info at one's fingertips has created a permanent state of amnesia in far too many.

3 minutes ago, Kiwakwe said:

I didn't clarify too well, by "our" I meant those residing in ME.

I'm not surprised you're not finding the backlash, constant info at one's fingertips has created a permanent state of amnesia in far too many.

You're not seeing a backlash this season because all of the people who wanted absolute authenticity from a Bigfoot 'reality show' got pissed off last season and didn't return for season 2.  

It's tv.  It's entertainment.  Getting mad at them for not doing actual Bigfoot research is like getting mad at David Duchovny for not investigating the Tic Tac UFO video or Peter Faulk for not catching the Zodiac Killer.

I have actually found myself enjoying this season.  It takes a little suspension of disbelief, but it's not bad.  I figured that there was a chance that they might have actually stumbled across some unstaged evidence...kind of like Josh Gates and his yeti tracks...but, this is sounding more and more like they exaggerated whatever they found to promote the show.

One thing that I have been thinking about however.... didn't they have pheromone chips at one time?  I wonder if that could have been a possible cause of chimp DNA?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

You're not seeing a backlash this season because all of the people who wanted absolute authenticity from a Bigfoot 'reality show' got pissed off last season and didn't return for season 2.  

It's tv.  It's entertainment.  Getting mad at them for not doing actual Bigfoot research is like getting mad at David Duchovny for not investigating the Tic Tac UFO video or Peter Faulk for not catching the Zodiac Killer.

I have actually found myself enjoying this season.  It takes a little suspension of disbelief, but it's not bad.  I figured that there was a chance that they might have actually stumbled across some unstaged evidence...kind of like Josh Gates and his yeti tracks...but, this is sounding more and more like they exaggerated whatever they found to promote the show.

One thing that I have been thinking about however.... didn't they have pheromone chips at one time?  I wonder if that could have been a possible cause of chimp DNA?

Yep, Merchant did mention as a disclaimer that he'd not seen any of the new season as he was annoyed about the last. He did mention them having chips too. Might be something to that... I've not seen any of them, just posting the above as a "translating service"

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Kiwakwe said:

Yep, Merchant did mention as a disclaimer that he'd not seen any of the new season as he was annoyed about the last. He did mention them having chips too. Might be something to that... I've not seen any of them, just posting the above as a "translating service"

He mentioned the chips?  I need to watch the video.  

Someone else had mentioned them in passing recently, and it seemed plausible to me that could possibly be the eDNA culprit.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I'm willing to bet science matters to a large percentage of viewers. The EB show runners at least give the appearance that science is important and there is cutting edge tech used in every scene.  It looks to me like they are trying to pull every card in the deck, drop in every alleged hot zone to get results quickly.  So that rubs traditional bigfooters the wrong way because that's like party crashing. They discover in an hour what people are searching a lifetime to find. We are the court of public opinion judging the merit of their results.

14 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

I'm willing to bet science matters to a large percentage of viewers. The EB show runners at least give the appearance that science is important and there is cutting edge tech used in every scene.  It looks to me like they are trying to pull every card in the deck, drop in every alleged hot zone to get results quickly.  So that rubs traditional bigfooters the wrong way because that's like party crashing. They discover in an hour what people are searching a lifetime to find. We are the court of public opinion judging the merit of their results.

You are painting the audience as a large group of people who rushed home from the field to watch the show, hung up their FLIRs and parabolic microphones, put their casting materials on the shelf, and tuned in...

Their target audience is housewives who collect Bigfoot coffee mugs and guys who wear t-shirts that say variations of "World Hide And Go Seek Champion".  There is nothing wrong with either of those groups of people, but let's be honest...there are not enough super serious Bigfoot researchers to really cater to as a demographic.  Their target demographic isn't out every week looking for evidence, so they are not going get offended when the EB crew claims to find that evidence relatively quickly.  

I am struggling to make an analogy here, because I don't really watch a lot of normal television...but let's try this...

When they shoot Ghost Adventures, the producers don't go out and poll the maybe 50 people in the country who are involved with actual professional scientific research into the paranormal to make sure that the show meets their approval.  That's not their audience.  They want to hook that single mother of three whose main source of relaxation is her guilty pleasure of watching paranormal shows after she gets the kids to bed.  

There are probably millions of people out there who regularly consume Bigfoot media and merchandise who couldn't tell you what year the PGF was filmed...who couldn't tell you who Peter Byrne is...  But, they buy the knick knacks and watch the shows.  And that's ok.  I sometimes watch Forged In Fire, and I don't know how to forge a knife by hand.  

This is Bigfoot entertainment. A supposedly unscripted show that works off of a script.  It's suspension of disbelief.  Maybe they luck into some real evidence just by virtue of being out in the woods with equipment, but more than likely they won't.  

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

You are painting the audience as a large group of people who rushed home from the field to watch the show, hung up their FLIRs and parabolic microphones, put their casting materials on the shelf, and tuned in...

Their target audience is housewives who collect Bigfoot coffee mugs and guys who wear t-shirts that say variations of "World Hide And Go Seek Champion".  There is nothing wrong with either of those groups of people, but let's be honest...there are not enough super serious Bigfoot researchers to really cater to as a demographic.  Their target demographic isn't out every week looking for evidence, so they are not going get offended when the EB crew claims to find that evidence relatively quickly.  

I am struggling to make an analogy here, because I don't really watch a lot of normal television...but let's try this...

When they shoot Ghost Adventures, the producers don't go out and poll the maybe 50 people in the country who are involved with actual professional scientific research into the paranormal to make sure that the show meets their approval.  That's not their audience.  They want to hook that single mother of three whose main source of relaxation is her guilty pleasure of watching paranormal shows after she gets the kids to bed.  

There are probably millions of people out there who regularly consume Bigfoot media and merchandise who couldn't tell you what year the PGF was filmed...who couldn't tell you who Peter Byrne is...  But, they buy the knick knacks and watch the shows.  And that's ok.  I sometimes watch Forged In Fire, and I don't know how to forge a knife by hand.  

This is Bigfoot entertainment. A supposedly unscripted show that works off of a script.  It's suspension of disbelief.  Maybe they luck into some real evidence just by virtue of being out in the woods with equipment, but more than likely they won't.  

Totally agree, didn't mean to imply the researcher segment was their primary audience. Though, even gullible people, newbies, thrill seekers, skeptics, what have you will always need convincing. There's only 1 way to do that so this show makes more of an effort, at least financially to bring a science element to the forefront. They do bring out the tech.

I'm not a fan by any stretch. The cast is really weak. The one positive is the primatologist. She is pretty good at being a scientist, which is something bigfootery needs more of.

11 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

He mentioned the chips?  I need to watch the video.  

Someone else had mentioned them in passing recently, and it seemed plausible to me that could possibly be the eDNA culprit.

I remember back in 2007 watching a fellow sasquatcher hang pheromone chips on tree limbs. He said it was gorilla pheromone.  Several years ago, I started a thread asking where to get them and never did get an answer to that.

That could be how eDNA got there.

2 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I remember back in 2007 watching a fellow sasquatcher hang pheromone chips on tree limbs. He said it was gorilla pheromone.  Several years ago, I started a thread asking where to get them and never did get an answer to that.

That could be how eDNA got there.

https://sasquatchpheromone.com/

They say that they use ape phermones, but who knows if they substitute chimp if the ape phermone supply chain gets disrupted.

Any primate phermone in a storm...