Expedition Bigfoot claims to have found unknown primate eDNA

BlackRockBigfoot

39 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Would pheromones fool dna testing? That seems to be a monkey wrench. 

Yeah.  I would assume that primate pheromones would carry the accompanying primate DNA.

On 3/18/2021 at 3:37 AM, Arvedis said:

I have a hard time with "snow walker prime" since he is a babbler.  If anyone is able to tolerate this video, please post a summary of the argument if valid. 

I haven't watched the video yet, but I did just look through the comments...

Screenshot_20210319-135728.png

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I sent a fb message to dr mayor asking for her opinion on this pheremone chip theory. Not surprised I have not received a reply after a few weeks. She is probably overloaded with messages but she's not off the hook since this explanation is the most plausible for the test results recorded by the ucla lab.

I also sent Greg Bambanek a message asking if his pheremone chips have ever been dna tested. Maybe a comparison can be done. He hasn't replied either as of yet.

Edited by Arvedis

38 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

I sent a fb message to dr mayor........Not surprised I have not received a reply after a few weeks.

38 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

I also sent Greg Bambanek a message.......He hasn't replied either as of yet.

Welcome to my world, A. Fun, eh? Should have been around me when I was tapping out emails to UFO people. Some would respond, like Nick Pope, and others wouldn't. I even wrote to the the Wing Commander at Wright Pat. Not about Alien bodies in freezers but about Black Triangles. Robert T. Bigelow, too, although he, too, was one of the non-responders. Now, who in their right mind would do that? So running down BF folks is small potatoes compared to who I used to write to ;)

23 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Welcome to my world, A. Fun, eh? Should have been around me when I was tapping out emails to UFO people. Some would respond, like Nick Pope, and others wouldn't. I even wrote to the the Wing Commander at Wright Pat. Not about Alien bodies in freezers but about Black Triangles. Robert T. Bigelow, too, although he, too, was one of the non-responders. Now, who in their right mind would do that? So running down BF folks is small potatoes compared to who I used to write to ;)

To be fair, FB messaging is not the best. I think Bambanek would be gunshy about his product being DNA tested but worth a shot.

And full disclosure, I was not accusatory at all.  I just asked if they thought it was possible the chips could be the reason for the test results. Crickets can be expected.

HAH! Crickets indeed :) Good job nonetheless though, Arvedis.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, a non-winter suggestion for whoever's interested. contact a local university zoology department by getting on the universities website and looking at the professors in the department. There will be contact info there for most if not all of them. Email one and see if they would accept a soil sample from you to test along with all of their other samples. Sometimes they will say yes and possibly offer to run your samples for free if you tell them you can't afford the testing. In a day or two you may have something set up.

Take a piece of one to one and a half inch diameter PVC about 4" long and drop it into a 50% solution of bleach and water for a couple of minutes. Put on a pair of unpowdered latex gloves, grab the tube, or use tongs soaked in the same solution at the same time, and rinse thoroughly with tap water and let dry. Stick the tube into a baggie and take it into the field. If you see a set of footprints take the tube and pound it into the soil a couple of inches inside one or two of the footprints with the back side of an ax, put on gloves, remove the tube and place it into a paper bag. Just get a decent size stick on label and put some info on it, last name, make up sample ID number and add on the GPS coordinates.......you never know, but you may have a good idea of the results depending on the nature of the prints you found.

Done. You now have a DNA soil sample plug to submit. This is only a suggestion. But outside of prep and time, it's cheap and easily doable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
On 3/4/2021 at 4:56 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

maybe we have a smaller, more nimble creature in this region as compared to your northern forest giants. 

I personally don't think that's outside the realm of possibility. OR, they've just bred for centuries amongst themselves and selected for smaller size and worse temperments. 

• Upvote 1

Given that this Show's entire first season was completely staged, the effort to treat it as anything other than entertainment is frankly, just false hope. Which lumps onto the BS white noise already poisoning any serious pursuit of a solution to this mystery. This may be an unpopular opinion, but it isn't wrong.

12 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

Given that this Show's entire first season was completely staged, the effort to treat it as anything other than entertainment is frankly, just false hope. Which lumps onto the BS white noise already poisoning any serious pursuit of a solution to this mystery. This may be an unpopular opinion, but it isn't wrong

Yes, I totally agree with you about their first show.

20 hours ago, Madison5716 said:
On 3/4/2021 at 7:56 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

maybe we have a smaller, more nimble creature in this region as compared to your northern forest giants. 

I personally don't think that's outside the realm of possibility. OR, they've just bred for centuries amongst themselves and selected for smaller size and worse temperments. 

I have always thought of them having this chimp behavior with a human aspect of them.  I like their show since their encounters remind me of so much of mine. Except they have not encountered that jungle effect out in a National Forest. But flir and starlight scoping I have encountered.

Vinchyfoot

I understand about your opinion. Sure it might not be popular. But you now what? It's ok. But some times we have to research it our selves to get to the truth.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:21 AM, hiflier said:

Okay, a non-winter suggestion for whoever's interested. contact a local university zoology department by getting on the universities website and looking at the professors in the department. There will be contact info there for most if not all of them. Email one and see if they would accept a soil sample from you to test along with all of their other samples. Sometimes they will say yes and possibly offer to run your samples for free if you tell them you can't afford the testing. In a day or two you may have something set up.

Take a piece of one to one and a half inch diameter PVC about 4" long and drop it into a 50% solution of bleach and water for a couple of minutes. Put on a pair of unpowdered latex gloves, grab the tube, or use tongs soaked in the same solution at the same time, and rinse thoroughly with tap water and let dry. Stick the tube into a baggie and take it into the field. If you see a set of footprints take the tube and pound it into the soil a couple of inches inside one or two of the footprints with the back side of an ax, put on gloves, remove the tube and place it into a paper bag. Just get a decent size stick on label and put some info on it, last name, make up sample ID number and add on the GPS coordinates.......you never know, but you may have a good idea of the results depending on the nature of the prints you found.

Done. You now have a DNA soil sample plug to submit. This is only a suggestion. But outside of prep and time, it's cheap and easily doable.

I think your approach using the PVC pipe is an excellent one.  Question -- when you email a zoology professor and he/she asks what specifically you are looking for from the eDNA sample you're providing them, how do respond?

• 3 months later...

Tell the truth. A good scientist doesn't like to be befriended with something only to find out later that they've been tricked. Not good form and they will walk leaving you with no credibility in their eyes. It's better to say right up from that you have very strong and credible sources that lead you you to be convinced that the creature exists in your state. That you are interested, and prepared, to collect samples in the field in using eDNA as the science to support your conviction.

But here's where things get interesting in your conversation. Explain that you want to work with science and not in a way that would cry wolf or waste anyone's valuable time. Say that you understand that DNA sequencers are busy machines performing for other people's research, like maybe F&W? But I'll bet you dollars to donuts that if you tell them that you are concentrating on good solid snow track evidence in order to narrow down the search to a more positive likelihood of success they would be more likely to sit up and take notice. Also, your level of respect and consideration for their workload would be very much appreciated.

I would write the email but wouldn't be in a hurry to send it off. Re-read a few times, check your spelling and punctuation, and do it several times with a day or two in between edits to make sure it's brief and presents your intentions and goals clearly, as well as why you've contacted them: You are seriously curious about the creature and have wanted the truth but now realize that science is the only avenue to providing that answer. You don't have to believe it, THEY are the ones have to believe it, by believing you.

I've been quite amazed (though not that surprised) that scientists in university departments DO read their emails and respond :)