The Wine Berry Site

Skinwalker13

Love the measurements on the cast - so many people only put down a lighter or a shoe.  I'm going to make a pitch for the old-timey carpenter's ruler, which has six-inch sections in joints.  Lets you show two measurements at once.

Of course, if I ever found a footprint to photograph, it would probably take too long to set up my magic box with a hood and a big handle used to hold the flash powder, so what do I know. 

• Thanks 1

Glad you like the time laps, Ron actually recorded that off his front porch last summer. Front page is a little crazy at times but we generate a fair amount of traffic on it. Mostly folks who listen to the podcast directly off the page becuase we pay for an extra widget that lets you leave the page and keep listening. 

SSR Team
9 hours ago, Arvedis said:

The time lapse animation looks awesome on your front page!

The editors of Bigfootery Today magazine have added you to the top influencers tracker.

You have comfortably surpassed Rictor, who would actually be ranked much higher if he did not use his social media channels for mostly nonsense.  But not quite enough enough to surpass Russell Acord. Right now, Wild and Weird West Virginny needs a lot more YT subscribers to be a serious player but stats are looking good at this early stage. I would like to say bonus points for not having a twitter feed but it's kinda needed to compete with the rest of the field.

2021-03-08 17_17_42-Window.jpg

Good for you Skin, keep going brother..;)

Edit : Do you have a link to this magazine Arvedis please ? I just tried to google 'bigfootery today' but with little success.

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 12:25 AM, Skinwalker13 said:

Here is the list of foragables just in a small corner of the property. 

Wine Berries, black berries, raspberries, mulberries, huckleberries, ground cherries, at least 15 species of edible mushroom, oak nuts, hickory nuts, hazel nuts, black walnuts, chestnuts, beach nuts, yellow root, ginseng, rosehips, mountian lorals, water lilly root.

Steadily available protein sources: deer, squirrel, skunk, raccoon, opossum, salamanders, frogs, turtles, crayfish, creek chubs.

I am impressed you can name all of those items.   If I walked throw there I would say it was full of berries, schrooms, and nuts.  I could probably name most of the proteins but the creek chub is alluding me.  Nice find.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NCBFr said:

I am impressed you can name all of those items.   If I walked throw there I would say it was full of berries, schrooms, and nuts.  I could probably name most of the proteins but the creek chub is alluding me.  Nice find.

Those are the perks of growing up in the forest foraging with my grand parents who used all those berries for various desserts, jams, wine, and moonshine. Im also a certified master naturalist and work with the state parks, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts etc and teach indentification and classification courses all the time so in short, im a forest nerd 😆. If you fish your probably familair with the creek chub family more than you realize, I didnt catch any for species ID but they looked like rubber lips and hornyhead/horned chubs. Species of fish related to carp that inhabit the cold creeks and streams especially here on the east coast. They can reach about 10in long and are very thick muscular fish great source of protien and fantastic bait for everything from crappie to catfish using the adult minnow. 

creekie.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

im a forest nerd

Love it! Great skills to have.

I'll listen to the podcast next weekend when I'm working on my day off!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Do you have a link to this magazine Arvedis please ? I just tried to google 'bigfootery today' but with little success.

😉 Bigfootery Today is a mythological magazine promoting the research efforts of Bigfooters everywhere.

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

SSR Team

Deary me, that went right over my head, sorry ! :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Those are the perks of growing up in the forest foraging with my grand parents who used all those berries for various desserts, jams, wine, and moonshine. Im also a certified master naturalist and work with the state parks, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts etc and teach indentification and classification courses all the time so in short, im a forest nerd 😆. If you fish your probably familair with the creek chub family more than you realize, I didnt catch any for species ID but they looked like rubber lips and hornyhead/horned chubs. Species of fish related to carp that inhabit the cold creeks and streams especially here on the east coast. They can reach about 10in long and are very thick muscular fish great source of protien and fantastic bait for everything from crappie to catfish using the adult minnow. 

creekie.jpg

When the ball drops I am coming to visit.  I got guns and ammo if that helps.

Back in the 60s and 70s, men's magazines were pretty popular. Some of it was pulp but most Bigfoot articles were mixed in with articles on traditional men's outdoor activities like hunting and fishing. Bigfoot was trending back then. The same way so called tv producers scan social media today for ideas and hotspots they can leverage for their own gain, advertisers and pulp magazine publishers of a different era sought out the top bigfooters of the day to fill their pages.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for sharing. Your efforts and willingness  to share is much appreciated. 

• Thanks 1

@Doodler thats great!!! Glad ypur enjoying them. If you have any topics you want to suggest shoot me a message on here or send an email to wildandweirdwv@gmail.com

1 hour ago, Skinwalker13 said:

@Doodler thats great!!! Glad ypur enjoying them. If you have any topics you want to suggest shoot me a message on here or send an email to wildandweirdwv@gmail.com

Yeah I will. I also caught your youtube channel and started watching there too. Very entertaining.

Just the fact that you are investigators and investigating and reporting on it in near real time is cool.

I didn't realize you had just released that Fallen Worlds chapter 1 video a week or so before I posted the younger dryas post in the general forum. It's an interesting story.

• Like 1

• gigantor pinned this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic