SSR Heatmaps

gigantor

Hello all. At this time, I can make heatmaps on a request basis. Just make a request, an I will get something to you. At the moment I am looking into a solution that allows you to filter the database and produce a heatmap with Google Maps/Earth. I will keep everyone updated. :) An example can be found at https://map4bigfoot.wixsite.com/heatmap

Edited by jbalmer1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, gigantor said:

West Virginia please.

Yes sir. What years would you like? Just a single year? A ten year period? And if you have any other search options like moon phase or classification?

• Thanks 1

BFF Donor

Maine please.

BFF Donor
On 3/7/2021 at 1:25 PM, jbalmer1 said:

Hello all. At this time, I can make heatmaps on a request basis. Just make a request, an I will get something to you. At the moment I am looking into a solution that allows you to filter the database and produce a heatmap with Google Maps/Earth. I will keep everyone updated. :) An example can be found at https://map4bigfoot.wixsite.com/heatmap

I am not on the SSR crew, but I do use the fruits of their labor.

As an SSR user, thanks for helping out on the tech side of things!

• Thanks 1

I'd love to see an animated gif of Oregon from 20 years back to present. I know that's likely a tall order, but you did ask. It might give an indication of where they are moving.

On 3/7/2021 at 2:48 PM, gigantor said:

West Virginia please.

Here you go. You can also look at it on the heatmap test page. Just zoom in to the state. :)image.thumb.png.9020a59fb3556dccf7c807fca3c232b7.png

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, hiflier said:

Maine please.

Ok. Check the heatmap test web site too. You can tinker with the map. :)

image.thumb.png.f870213902f92a729e7e03b8bd3570e0.png

Edited by jbalmer1

15 hours ago, NorthWind said:

I'd love to see an animated gif of Oregon from 20 years back to present. I know that's likely a tall order, but you did ask. It might give an indication of where they are moving.

This will take a bit of time, but I am on it. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BFF Donor

Thank you, jbalmer1. YOU DA MAN! You're now in the SSR "You Da Man" club along with a few others, like Redbone, BobbyO, gigantor, et al.

• Like 1

Great work, @jbalmer1. Please do British Columbia, Canada, when you get a chance. No rush, I'm a patient man. One of my research buddies has the old analog version, a big wall map with coloured pins, but that's not portable, and the data doesn't "jump out" like your heat maps.

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

Thank you, jbalmer1. YOU DA MAN! You're now in the SSR "You Da Man" club along with a few others, like Redbone, BobbyO, gigantor, et al.

Thanks!!! I like!

5 hours ago, BC witness said:

Great work, @jbalmer1. Please do British Columbia, Canada, when you get a chance. No rush, I'm a patient man. One of my research buddies has the old analog version, a big wall map with coloured pins, but that's not portable, and the data doesn't "jump out" like your heat maps.

Order Up!!!

image.thumb.png.306ade3faca3fefedd711edd56f77fd4.png

9 hours ago, jbalmer1 said:

This will take a bit of time, but I am on it. :)

AWESOME!

And thank you in advance!

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic