Flir TK Scout

BeansBaxter78

Ok, update: I plugged it into my Mac and it worked flawlessly. Obviously the problem is with windows. I'm just relieved to know that I can use it and get the vid/pics off it if I need to.

@BeansBaxter78

Sounds about right.  That piece that I posted mentioned that people with Windows 10 were having difficulties getting it to work with the Scout TK.  

I picked up a Sionyx when they first came out.  It's a great little monocular/camera.  With a little bit of IR illumination it gives a great color night vision image.  I wish that it has auto focus, but it's still ygreat piece of equipment.

Sionyx is really trying to develop the civilian night vision market.  It will be interesting to see what they come out with over the next few years.

• Upvote 1

I believe the most expensive cost of making a thermal imager is the lens. There is germanium and there is germanium--some better than others. I think Pulsar has invested in that aspect of their imagers. 

Why is an XQ50 more expensive than an XQ38 when the body and electronics are the same? The size of the lens.

Edited by wiiawiwb