Nebraska Bigfoot Conference, April 23-24, 2021

Arvedis

Coming up pretty quick. I guess they have not done a whole lot of marketing for it so far.

https://nebraskabigfootmuseum.com.   The keynote appears to be Igor Burstev.

Chatutauqua Park Pavilion

2200 West 2nd St.

Hastings, Nebraska

Friday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm

Friday Night Movie  - 7:00pm - "The Bigfoot Alien Connection Revealed"

Saturday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm

158223387_112885394189310_1623935181510192875_o.jpg

Edited by Arvedis

• 3 weeks later...

well, I was planning on not attending, but my plans may have just changed.

Harriet wants Barry from Rez Squatching to be at the conference for Igor, who wants to return to the Omaha Rez afterward. I will probably come along if Barry goes. (undecided as of last night)

Last night we set up audio recorders again on the Reservation, and will keep 3 at a time going full time until we get to go out with Igor again.

• Upvote 1

Pay attention to the location. It's not in the auditorium as I expected. It's in the Chautauqua Park Pavilion in Hastings. Basically a giant picnic shelter.

Average temp around that time is high of 69 degrees, but it can also be cold.

image.thumb.png.7b0f1172b890c11c0a8886b4ee0cc4bd.pngimage.thumb.png.a3c47acd9f0313ec296da3a15a744954.png

Last year it was cold, then hot, then cool

image.png.4793765042446546ccc4d110dea59197.png

16 hours ago, Redbone said:

well, I was planning on not attending, but my plans may have just changed.

Harriet wants Barry from Rez Squatching to be at the conference for Igor, who wants to return to the Omaha Rez afterward. I will probably come along if Barry goes. (undecided as of last night)

Last night we set up audio recorders again on the Reservation, and will keep 3 at a time going full time until we get to go out with Igor again.

Just like I predicted...a new episode of Rez Squatchin'...with special guest, Dr. Igor is in the works.

Here is a recap from where the team left off last time:

On 8/20/2019 at 1:20 PM, Redbone said:

I was there that night (as was Igor Burtsev) but I did not see the supposed cloaked BF. At least 3 people say they did see it. We do have audio of Barry saying whatever it was was reaching toward him. It scared him a bit and said he might need to ask it to back off.

At that time I was looking another direction because another Native American said there was one in front of him, and he could not move his legs.

I saw something dark (shadow?) move between Igor any myself just afterward. This spot is said to be very haunted.

The one I saw made no sound (that I could hear) when it moved off through the brush. Smooth and quiet.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, Redbone said:

I posted this in the media section and nobody noticed. I'll post it here because there is some paranormal aspects to the story.

My sighting story is in here...

5 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Just like I predicted...a new episode of Rez Squatchin'...with special guest, Dr. Igor is in the works.

Here is a recap from where the team left off last time:

Don't get too excited. Roads are bad on the reservation, and I'm not sure we can get to the spot where we want to take Igor (again). We need to get in there with chainsaws to clear the way.

It's up this road. Looks like at least one person has made it, so that's encouraging. I didn't try this week. If no rain, we may give it a go next week.

image.thumb.png.2d1ba4c5fb8a945a4d0a45811a4c9a6c.png

Anyway, all you can get from me is audio, no videos, except maybe from a dash cam. :)

Howls have been reported by hunters and we're trying to record one if we can.

• Upvote 2

Whatever you come up with will be pretty good @Redbone.  That was some cool stuff with the invisible entity on your last outing. It would be hard to top for sure. 

Edited by Arvedis

back on topic. I bought the ticket. I'm going both days. I am prepared to be disappointed but will be happy to be hanging out with BF peeps again.

The package includes the Friday movie, that I'm watching now on Amazon Prime. What was I thinking? lol

The last "published" report from Nebraska is mine, so I should be a celebrity, right?

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the weather forecast for Hastings. Temp will be in the 40's each morning, with a high of 62 on Friday, and 59 on Saturday.

image.thumb.png.88abdb07c09febbfa68e450eb7e0c48d.png

Looks like a tourism event.

A Russian wearing a cowboy hat?  Howdy comrade!

Ask Igor about the fake Yeti hairs.

From 'The Sun'  9 April 2021:

Despite a spate of headline-grabbing claims, an Oxford University genetics expert Professor Bryan Sykes punctured the hopes of Yeti-hunters in the area.

Suspected Yeti hair was DNA tested, but, it seems, had been planted for experts to find.

One was from a horse, another a raccoon, and a third from an American Black Bear. The latter two are not native to Russia.

Have fun at the meeting.

5 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

That is an explorer hat. 

Here is Igor speaking at a 2011 conference in Michigan:

Edited by Arvedis

16 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Looks like a tourism event.

Ask Igor about the fake Yeti hairs.

From 'The Sun'  9 April 2021:

Despite a spate of headline-grabbing claims, an Oxford University genetics expert Professor Bryan Sykes punctured the hopes of Yeti-hunters in the area.

Suspected Yeti hair was DNA tested, but, it seems, had been planted for experts to find.

One was from a horse, another a raccoon, and a third from an American Black Bear. The latter two are not native to Russia.

Have fun at the meeting.

It is a tourism event... Did you think a small gathering in Hastings Nebraska was gonna somehow put an end to the entire Sasquatch mystery?

I'm sure half the purpose of the event is to get people to visit Harriet's Bigfoot museum.

I think I'll ask Igor if the snarky opinions of an anonymous user on an internet forum matters to him. I'll bet the answer is no. It would be my answer...

By the way... HUGE shocker that somehow DNA testing has once again failed to prove anything.

I will have fun, thanks...

• Upvote 2