Gimlin's 1999 Admission Clinches It

smokingdino
13 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

The 'smooth as a cat' walk is impressive.  I can come up with ideas as to why someone might walk in a suit and lift their heel to their buttock and bend the knee farther and higher.   I really wonder how someone could do so while wearing fake feet or a furry costume even on flat ground.   I can propose why someone in a suit might walk that way.  I just can't see it ALSO allow for the smoothness of the walk.

Great video. This is the example I always use to explain the odd walk of the PGF subject. Notice how the flippers effect great arm swing, too.

• Downvote 2
Backdoc
BFF Donor
7 hours ago, smokingdino said:

Great video. This is the example I always use to explain the odd walk of the PGF subject. Notice how the flippers effect great arm swing, too.

If a person has a longer foot -like a man wearing clown feet -there is a tendency to lift the leg higher so the extended toe clears the ground on the step.  Fine. While this can explain a small PART of the Patty walk, but that same thing makes the rest of the Components of the walk virtually impossible.   That means a small portion of the patty walk could be from an extended foot BUT MOST OF THE REST OF IT likely cannot be achieved that way.  The smoothness of the walk and the knocked knee just can’t come from wearing a fake foot.  Can’t achieve those at the same time the other parts in the same walk.  Add this occurring on an uneven creek bed and it Is just is a bridge too far, way too far.  

Oh, and even the higher lift and bend which can result from an elongated foot is still Significantly less AMOUNT of bend and lift of the knee and leg to make it Patty-like.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Patterson-Gimlin
BFF Donor

You guys are brutal. New record down votes. 

Of course I like the film very much. 

The authenticity of the creature, not so much. 

Incorrigible1
BFF Donor

It wasn't the film nor the creature receiving the down-votes.

• Upvote 1

I asked Bob directly if he thought he could have been hoaxed that day.

He was sure that he wasn't and he said to me "who would be stupid enough to dress in a fur suit and run in front of a man with a 30/06.

That was in march of 2015

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
BFF Donor
8 hours ago, MagniAesir said:

I asked Bob directly if he thought he could have been hoaxed that day.

He was sure that he wasn't and he said to me "who would be stupid enough to dress in a fur suit and run in front of a man with a 30/06.

That was in march of 2015

If Gimlin is part of a hoax the answer he gave you would be the answer he would be expected to give. Sadly,  doesn't prove anything.   

But...

Every time I see Gimlin talk on video (never saw him in person) Gimlin has always sounded 100% convincing to me.  1) He doesn't sound like he is lying.  He never sounds like he is lying.  2)  He sounds like a man who at least believes completely what he is saying.  (<---- Yes, I know that also applies to a convinced- but still hoaxed- individual.)

What Gimlin says in not proof.   How Gimlin speaks over the years is 100% convincing though.   I have always had a great impression of Gimlin but must leave the door open a crack he could be a good liar.  

• Upvote 1