Gimlin's 1999 Admission Clinches It

smokingdino

People who are generally skeptical of anomalous activity like Bigfoot and UFOs trot out Occam’s Razor...the explanation with the fewest amount of assumptions is usually the more likely to be true.

However, Occam’s Razor cuts both ways.  

If someone could eliminate the normalcy bias that usual keeps people predisposed to a disbelief in Bigfoot... what makes more sense and involves fewer assumptions?  

A) The PGF is authentic and shows exactly what it purports to show.

B) Roger Patterson was able to fabricate a suit that was beyond 1967 levels of special effects technology.  He was able to convince another person to hide out in the backcountry for an unknown amount of time in order to perpetuate this hoax.  He replaced the ammunition in Gimlin’s rifle with blanks and was somehow able to keep Gimlin from discovering that switch...and trusted his volunteer’s life to that switch.  He was then able to dispose of this extremely expensive suit without discovery and maintain the hoax for his entire life.

The switching out ammo assumption is something that I can’t swallow.  Bob Gimlin strikes me as a man who doesn’t leave much to chance.  Going out to look for possible giant ‘apes’, I bet that rifle was checked, rechecked, and then checked again.  A discovery of blanks would have blown Patterson’s whole story, if it had been a hoax.

Occam's Razor favors BF and UFOs.  PFG for BF (plus dozens of other examples) and Tic-Tok/Go-Fast plus dozens of other examples for UFOs.

11 hours ago, TeeCee said:

Bob G. is such a straight talking, believable guy that he very well may of been the perfect "patsy"...unwittingly the straight man set up to perpetuate a hoax. Sure, he was the guy holding the 30/06 and just in case a man in the monkey suit got shot, the hoaxer (Roger P.) could of claimed he was fooled, too. 

"Oh my god, Bob, you shot a man in a suit!!!"     Unless, in a dying gasp (B. Heironymous) "Why Roger, why?????"

Bob Gimlin was the perfect guy to clandestinely involve in a hoax ---- either the monkey man gets away (and filmed) or killed dead on the spot (cannot implicate Roger). 

All assumptions and putting it out there for discussion. Just thinking out loud here folks.......

TC,

Take the gun and everything else out the equation for a second.   In order to have a guy somehow put on a suit and then wait for the party to arrive over a loud stream and know just when to start a walk, is just not happening.   There is not second take on that.  This is a remote area hard to get to.   There is no way for the suited person to know just when the guys will be coming.  That person will burn up in the suit during such a wait even in October even with the mask off.   Even then how do you just throw the mask back on in a hurry?   Then, after the walk, gimlin followed the walker on horseback for a bit.   That walker would then have to walk of minimum of 2-3 football fields in that suit before hiding somewhere.  Roger Patterson did ask Gimlin to 'come back' but Gimlin initially refused.  He was asked to because Patterson was concerned about other Bigfoot coming and he had not gun as his gun was on his horse.  Gimlin could do what he said he did, and that is, follow at a distance.  A man in a suit is going to tire out and walk only for a short distance before they had to stop.

There is just no way Gimlin was some patsy here.   He was either in on the hoax or it is a real event.   There is no logical way Gimlin could have been hoaxed in that area under those conditions.   

Back to the gun.  No matter what Roger and Bob said they might do, Roger had no sway or power to stop Gimlin from shooting the subject.  None.   Independently Gimlin could have shot the walker even if it was walking away.  Gimlin chose not to shoot Patty.    The only reason Patty lived through that encounter is because Gimlin chose to let her (or a person in a suit) live.  

These issue have been explored other places.  I would encourage you to follow those threads and see what you think.

Edited by Backdoc

2 hours ago, TeeCee said:

I must not of been very clear. I don't portray Gimlin as a hoaxer, liar or one of 'dem dime a dozen "I can do it better than you" cow(faux)boys. Bob would  of been the PERFECT guy to place in his position. Roger P. had his problems, which are well known. He could say "Ya, I'm kinda' a Rounder, but my buddy Bob G. here is the real deal....he saw it as I filmed it!!!!"

I feel that IF it was all a hoax, Bob G. was not in on it...but hoaxed himself.

Sure, maybe the whole thing is genuine BUT, Roger Patterson was a slippery suspect. As somebody said, he was out to hoax and maybe ran into the real thing. I can trust Gimlin....Patterson....not so much

I never said you did. I’m just following logic. I think it’s impossible that Bob was hoaxed himself by Roger and an unknown collaborator. And I explained why in my previous post.

Which only leaves 2 other possible conclusions. 

1) He knowingly participated in the hoax.

2) They filmed a real creature.

• Upvote 1

No, I wouldn't be willing BUT, you need to understand, there were DESPERATE men (or MAN) involved. "IF" Heironymous was in cahoots, it's a fact that he was a money hungry kind of dude that "MIGHT" put on a monkey suit for a few bucks. 

Did you ever consider that perhaps the 30/06 was maybe Roger's gun....he might of sneakily inserted blanks just in case things got Western. 

Oh no, hope I don't get any down votes  LOL     From lurking in the past I know that if you disagree with some members here or don't post up stuff to their standards that they can get vicious....very vicious. All of this is just my thoughts with no real proof....so I 'm just like ya'll....nobody here as real proof, either. None of us were there so I will give Bob G. the benefit of the doubt.....BUT obviously there are a lot of holes in the PGF and Norse is right - the beast should'a been taken down. 

We need a body. QFT.

A bolt action hunting rifle has a internal magazine with a trap door. You load shells through the top and dump em out the bottom. Rifles get nasty in scabbards on horseback. Dust, horse sweat, leather mildew, rain, crick crossings. Your cleaning your rifle every night around the campfire or in the wall tent under lantern light, to beat back rust and keep the scope lens clear.

And blanks look nothing like real shells. I don’t think it’s possible Bob would not have noticed.

9F218817-5CB3-44A7-8BFF-1686310BF689.jpeg

No, I wouldn't be willing BUT, you need to understand, there were DESPERATE men (or MAN) involved. "IF" Heironymous was in cahoots, it's a fact that he was a money hungry kind of dude that "MIGHT" put on a monkey suit for a few bucks. 

Let's follow the money.  Gimlin was cheated openly by Al and Patterson.    They even used a fake Gimlin to further rip him off.  What does Gimlin do?  Does he go to Roger and say, "Give me my cut or I will expose this hoax/ kill the golden goose?   Nope.  He continues to maintain it is real and all along Roger and Al are cashing in.  He later took legal action but at no time before, then, or after the legal matters were settled did he EVER maintain anything other than the film is real.

Did you ever consider that perhaps the 30/06 was maybe Roger's gun....he might of sneakily inserted blanks just in case things got Western. 

Not likely but I'll give you props for brain storming and at least understanding by this Q you show you get just how risky such a hoax would be.

Oh no, hope I don't get any down votes  LOL     From lurking in the past I know that if you disagree with some members here or don't post up stuff to their standards that they can get vicious....very vicious.

I completely disagree.   So long as the dialog is respectful there is room for all comers.  Welcome to the BFF.   I can't speak for anyone else but I really don't see any issue with the Sketic vs Believer.  It seems to me to be the Believers and skeptics vs people who wont even accept the facts which neither side disputes.

All of this is just my thoughts with no real proof....so I 'm just like ya'll....nobody here as real proof, either.

The film is either 100% proof or it is a hoax.   The film has yet to be debunked.   It is evidence which stands until it can be brought down.  

None of us were there so I will give Bob G. the benefit of the doubt.....BUT obviously there are a lot of holes in the PGF and Norse is right - the beast should'a been taken down. 

Gimlin has stated clearly had the creature turned on him he would have shot it.  

Edited by Backdoc

Same pattern of a banned member starting a new alias and resuming the same failed arguments.

Edited by Arvedis

Same guy. Same desperation. Same game to waste people's time.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, TeeCee said:

BUT, maybe Roger didn't care if an accomplice in the film got killed.

Heh, I'll bet the accomplice might have some thoughts about that one, LOL.

"Okay, when we show up, you take off but don't run. I'll have the camera and Bobby will have the gun."

"Um, is he in on this little scheme of yours?"

"Nope."

"You say he'll have the gun?"

"Yep, because I rented this camera and I be danged if I'll trust him with it. Besides this has to look real."

"So what are you going to tell him when I start walking?"

"Cover me!"

"WHAT! Not hold your fire?!?!"

"Nope."

Edited by hiflier

4 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Same guy. Same desperation. Same game to waste people's time.

I didn’t think so when you posted that the first time, but after his response to you I am in total agreement with you now. 

5 hours ago, TeeCee said:

sooo wrong, Arvedis. But, if you want to be the lil' boy that cries wolf, knock yourself OUT

To the others, looks like most of you are back to the old "we don't have to proof it's legit, it's up to everyone else to prove it's a hoax"

I absolutely love the PGF, any and all other supposed clips of BF don't even come close. NONE of 'em. If the PGF is real, well, fantastic. If it's a hoax, well, that's ok, too. A brilliant hoax that is still going strong, maybe even stronger now 50+ years later. 

Ok, I now concede that the 30/06 blanks theory is probably not feasible. BUT, maybe Roger didn't care if an accomplice in the film got killed. He could easily claim no knowledge. I'm thinking out loud again.

(can I "upvote" myself? LOL!!!)

Well let’s play that through....

Bob jumps off his horse and pulls his 06 outta the scabbard. And commenced to firing. Bob in all likelihood being a cowboy from Yakima that has hunted his whole life? Is going to hit what he is aiming at. What is he going to do next? He is going to go check the body....obviously.

Busted. And no film worth having right? It’s just a dead dude in a monkey suit.

2 minutes ago, TeeCee said:

Norseman, you are the man, the main man here. You're a giant amongst a bunch of poseurs and I'd nominate you as supreme admin of this site. You have the courage to look at both sides of the issue and undoubtedly no one lives rent free in your head.

You, me and some other would love to have BF be a real thing, but you've also taken the lead on the groceries some 8' tall, 650 lb apey-man would have to consume to survive. Most of the other pretender here think that they have BF living in the city park of Downer's Grove, Illinois.

If you see one (BF) kill it and end the drama

I will try to bag one if given the opportunity.  Promise!

Thank you. But there are a lot of GREAT people here. But we get a lot of people here that troll the forum. Sorry if we are overly defensive. If you stay here you will see.

I try to take a logical approach. I hunt, fish, packed mules, own a ranch with cows and horses. So I buy lot of groceries for big animals. I’m by no means a expert on anything. Just the school of hard knocks!

Welcome to the forum!