Does Bigfoot Understand Weather?

Believer57

Hi,

We have some understanding that Bigfoot migrates to lower elevations as the season changes colder. But, are they just following the food or unfrozen water or is there a bigger plan? I sometimes wonder if Bigfoot can use his heightened senses to determine if weather patterns are coming before they arrive?

For example, I have a friend whose dog was terrified of thunderstorms, and, began to react before storms actually showed up, especially in the Spring and Summer seasons. This example leads into the science of animals vs. barometric pressure or even infrasound. If dogs can sense these things then why not a Bigfoot? Is there infrasound that thunder or wind emit? If a Bigfoot is sensitive to infrasound then couldn't it detect the distant rumblings of wind and thunder?

When I think back to the possibility of Bigfoot hiding it's tracks, instinct or learned, would hunting or foraging before a storm hits ensure that any tracks would be obliterated? If the Bigfoots were settled in ahead of time with food, they wouldn't have to be wandering around much afterwards. So, are their senses more finely tuned to adapt to changing weather conditions?

Please share your thoughts...

• Upvote 1

SSR Team
2 hours ago, Believer57 said:

Hi,

We have some understanding that Bigfoot migrates to lower elevations as the season changes colder. But, are they just following the food or unfrozen water or is there a bigger plan? I sometimes wonder if Bigfoot can use his heightened senses to determine if weather patterns are coming before they arrive?

Do we, or is that just perception, with the reality being a little different ?

We have 60 reports above 5,000ft in Winter in the SSR, with 10+ reports in Colorado, (northern) Arizona and California (the Sierra's), 41 reports above 6,000ft, 21 reports above 7,000ft and 16 reports above 7,500ft.

I do believe that they are very aware of weather conditions however. There is a clear correlation to reports in Arizona (Coconino County) and precipitation, whilst it appears a very clear correlation between reports and 'clear skies', especially vocalization reports.

1 hour ago, BobbyO said:

Do we, or is that just perception, with the reality being a little different ?

I think there are various possibilities. Before winter, they may just follow various berries as they mature. If winter negates their foraging options, then perhaps various meat sources become the focus for their direction. There probably isn't any established patterns for Bigfoot migration, that I am aware of, so perhaps they simply wander where the food takes them.

I think sasquatches are smart enough not to waste energy. They must coordinate hunting with the current weather conditions. 

I'm told they check their meat-e-r-ologist daily!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Im told they check their meat-e-r-ologist daily!

You're pretty proud of yourself for that, aren't you?

I think, and it did hurt lol, that they very likely can sense barometric pressure moving as well as being able to smell whats coming on the wind. We all know that wet dirt smell just before the rain hits. Having senses turned up to 11 would only increase that. Our most recent outing yeilded a footprint full of rain water, the other 5 had been beaten down by the rain, but the one that was better preserved was in the treeline in mud, kind of supporting the track covering aspects there. Animals are keen to whats going on, massive flock/herd movements before earth quakes or tsunamis have been witnessed over and over. Theres something they can all pick up on that most of us only observe the effect of. Before every big season changing storm or severe weather I always get a migraine out of the blue, so in a terrible way I can pick up on it too lol. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I think sasquatches are smart enough not to waste energy. They must coordinate hunting with the current weather conditions. 

I'm told they check their meat-e-r-ologist daily!

NOW you're talking! 

If they can produce infrasound, I would think it logical that they can hear it as well. Thunder can produce infrasound.

"The dominant frequency of thunder energy is in the 100 Hz range. Thunder occurring in the infrasonic range (below 20 Hz) is inaudible to humans. Infrasonic thunder is considered to be related to sound conversion of energy stored in the thundercloud electrostatic field. Thus, thunder’s expanding hot gas channel produces an over-pressure (we hear it) while the electrostatic-pressure release mechanism produces an under-pressure or negative pressure change (we do not hear it) (Rakov and Uman, 2003). Of infrasonic sound, Viemeister (1961) speculated those lightnings were of low current/long duration (small amplitude/positive flashes?) which heated up the air so slowly that explosive air rupture did not occur. Sonic and infrasonic thunder can be observed in the same thunderstorm (Holmes et al, 1971). Both cloud-to-cloud and cloud-to-ground lightning can generate infrasonic thunder (Rakov, personal communication)."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Before every big season changing storm or severe weather I always get a migraine out of the blue, so in a terrible way I can pick up on it too lol. 

I used to have the same issue when I was younger like you. Those weather related migraines are terrible!

Not sure what made them stop but my blood pressure is lower now. It's nice to know that something can get better with age!

On 3/17/2021 at 7:57 AM, Believer57 said:

would hunting or foraging before a storm hits ensure that any tracks would be obliterated? If the Bigfoots were settled in ahead of time with food, they wouldn't have to be wandering around much afterwards.

Interesting idea. I will keep that in mind when we're out there.

And, yes to the original question. I believe so.

^It is interesting, I recall an older Outlaws episode where they discussed weather events. Being in the South, it would be infrequent heavy snows and ice storms, I think. They had seen evidence that the BFs did hole up to avoid the weather, so hunting and foraging makes sense.