Non-PGF Films and Photographs of Sasquatches

Wooly Booger

• Sésquac
BFF Donor
4 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

There is a tremendous CGI video of a BF chasing someone from about 15 years ago.  I studied it for a long time and concluded it was fake only because of the audio.  Years later I found out it was a CGI research project.  That picture looks to be a B&W still from the video.  I could be mistaken as I have not seen the video in 10 years but will try and dig it up.

Ignore me.  I know I have seen it but it was not the video I had in mind.  I think it was discussed here 2-3 years ago but my search skills are failing me. 

34 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

I'm inclined to agree.  The figure in the picture isn't bulky enough to be a real Bigfoot.  The eyewitness descriptions of Bigfoots are unanimous in stating that these creatures are hulking and extremely muscular like body builders or line backers.  The figure in this image is too lean.  I call fake.

I wouldn't say that the eyewitness accounts are unanimous in stating that these creatures are all built like body builders.  There are some accounts of leaner creatures out there.  Patty herself is broad but not what I would call ripped like a body builder.

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I wouldn't say that the eyewitness accounts are unanimous in stating that these creatures are all built like body builders.  There are some accounts of leaner creatures out there.  Patty herself is broad but not what I would call ripped like a body builder.

I've read a few accounts of leaner Bigfoots from John Green's Sasquatch the Apes Among Us.  But given the volume of reports describing bulky heavily muscled creatures, I would attribute the accounts of leaner Bigfoots to being animals that are malnourished or or at least underfed.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Believer57 said:

So all four figures had black snowmobile suits from head to toe? Here is some additional food for thought.

Bigfoot vs Buffalo (ThinkerThunker) Would you risk death by buffalo to pull off a Bigfoot hoax? In this clip we see four big, furry somethings (Bigfoot) stalking four buffalo in Yellowstone National Park.

Bigfoot vs Buffalo: Top 5 Objections (ThinkerThunker) Just how smart are Bigfoot Skeptics? Take a look, let's see. You decide.

I have come to the conclusion after a little research that I did, is that they are cross country skiers with back packs on.

1 hour ago, Wooly Booger said:

I've read a few accounts of leaner Bigfoots from John Green's Sasquatch the Apes Among Us.  But given the volume of reports describing bulky heavily muscled creatures, I would attribute the accounts of leaner Bigfoots to being animals that are malnourished or or at least underfed.  

You may very well have a point there.

The ones in the South here don't seem to have that sort of mass, though. They are big, but you don't get the same sort of reports like you do from up north or out west.  

16 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

Not necessarily.   I think that they likely go through growth spurts same as we do.   The second I saw built like an NFL tight end or NBA power forward, pretty stocky for a very conditioned human but scrawny for a bigfoot.    My sense of it was it was the equivalent of an early teen human putting on height in advance of bulk that would come later.    That's how it acted as well.    Only a guess .. but one I'll stick to. :)

15 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

The ones in the South here don't seem to have that sort of mass, though. They are big, but you don't get the same sort of reports like you do from up north or out west.  

Bergmann's rule perhaps? .. size / bulk adapted to regional temperature.  

MIB

15 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

You may very well have a point there.

The Southern Bigfoot average between 6 and 7 feet tall, and are very muscular though no where near as large or powerfully built as the North-Western Sasquatch.  I also wonder if Sasquatches hibernate during the winter.  Granted there is no biological precedent for a primate that hibernates that we are aware of.  But Sasquatches inhabit a similar environment as bears and are also large omnivores, sharing many of their characteristics.  This leads me to wonder if reports of lean Sasquatches could perhaps be those just getting out of hibernation, assuming the species hibernates.  It would be interesting to find out which month the leaner Sasquatches were reported from.

4 minutes ago, MIB said:

Not necessarily.   I think that they likely go through growth spurts same as we do.   The second I saw built like an NFL tight end or NBA power forward, pretty stocky for a very conditioned human but scrawny for a bigfoot.    My sense of it was it was the equivalent of an early teen human putting on height in advance of bulk that would come later.    That's how it acted as well.    Only a guess .. but one I'll stick to. :)

MIB

I for one am a strong proponent of Bergmann's rule.  Bigfoots do seem to get considerably larger the further north one goes.

That is very interesting.  In what state did you have your sighting? What kind of behavior did you observe in the creatures?  I have yet to have an encounter myself, but I hope to soon. 

16 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

The Southern Bigfoot average between 6 and 7 feet tall, and are very muscular though no where near as large or powerfully built as the North-Western Sasquatch.  I also wonder if Sasquatches hibernate during the winter.  Granted there is no biological precedent for a primate that hibernates that we are aware of.  But Sasquatches inhabit a similar environment as bears and are also large omnivores, sharing many of their characteristics.  This leads me to wonder if reports of lean Sasquatches could perhaps be those just getting out of hibernation, assuming the species hibernates.  It would be interesting to find out which month the leaner Sasquatches were reported from.

There was some talk concerning the possibility that Neanderthals might hibernate, but I don't believe that idea went anywhere.

Black bears in the south don't hibernate like brown bears do in colder climates.  They get quite a bit less active, but are still active and seen in the winter.

34 minutes ago, MIB said:

MIB

I have often wondered if that is the case.

Also, they seem to be longer limbed proportionally here...which is in keeping with Allen's rule of shorter limbs in colder areas.

3 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

I for one am a strong proponent of Bergmann's rule.  Bigfoots do seem to get considerably larger the further north one goes.

That is very interesting.  In what state did you have your sighting? What kind of behavior did you observe in the creatures?  I have yet to have an encounter myself, but I hope to soon. 

I'm in SW Oregon.   

The first, big (I mean BIG) adult, presumably male, pretty much studiously ignored us as it walked / waded / swam by.    We noticed it walking/wading about 150 yards, maybe 200 yards upstream (guess I should check it with a rangefinder some time when I'm back there).    It passed about 75 yards in front of us.      Then continued on downriver, dropped into deeper water, and swam away.    We lost sight of it 350 to 400 yards, I'd guess, downriver.    Light wasn't great but it wasn't dark yet either.   That was in '76 .. best guess trying to reconstruct the timeline from other things that happened around that time.   It was October ... deer season.

The second had apparently been flanking me for a while.   I didn't know it.   I changed course, turned 90 degrees and sprinted for a low ridge thinking I'd take a picture.   Flushed it from where it was hiding.    It ran from my left to my right as if going to cross my path at about 30 yards but turned when it was behind some trees and apparently went straight away.   I had the sense .. so I have this nephew that can't follow directions.   It was like that, like it was misbehaving and was less afraid of me than it was of it's mom finding out.   May seem odd, but that was the vibe.     It was **fast**.    Fastest thing I ever saw in the woods by a good margin.    It was running, bent at the waist, arms over it's face / head as it plowed into the low dry dead branches of the firs.   Bet it was near 40 mph running in that awkward position.    Second?  Half second?  Second and a half?   Haulin'.    If I'd had a camera, it would have had to have been powered up and focused, pointed in the right direction, and I'd have had to have been standing still.   By the time I got stopped, it was gone.    People say "why no pictures".     Geez o Pete that happened fast.

MIB

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MIB said:

I'm in SW Oregon.   

The first, big (I mean BIG) adult, presumably male, pretty much studiously ignored us as it walked / waded / swam by.    We noticed it walking/wading about 150 yards, maybe 200 yards upstream (guess I should check it with a rangefinder some time when I'm back there).    It passed about 75 yards in front of us.      Then continued on downriver, dropped into deeper water, and swam away.    We lost sight of it 350 to 400 yards, I'd guess, downriver.    Light wasn't great but it wasn't dark yet either.   That was in '76 .. best guess trying to reconstruct the timeline from other things that happened around that time.   It was October ... deer season.

The second had apparently been flanking me for a while.   I didn't know it.   I changed course, turned 90 degrees and sprinted for a low ridge thinking I'd take a picture.   Flushed it from where it was hiding.    It ran from my left to my right as if going to cross my path at about 30 yards but turned when it was behind some trees and apparently went straight away.   I had the sense .. so I have this nephew that can't follow directions.   It was like that, like it was misbehaving and was less afraid of me than it was of it's mom finding out.   May seem odd, but that was the vibe.     It was **fast**.    Fastest thing I ever saw in the woods by a good margin.    It was running, bent at the waist, arms over it's face / head as it plowed into the low dry dead branches of the firs.   Bet it was near 40 mph running in that awkward position.    Second?  Half second?  Second and a half?   Haulin'.    If I'd had a camera, it would have had to have been powered up and focused, pointed in the right direction, and I'd have had to have been standing still.   By the time I got stopped, it was gone.    People say "why no pictures".     Geez o Pete that happened fast.

MIB

You think that the large one was aware of you?

3 hours ago, MIB said:

I'm in SW Oregon.   

MIB

That sounds like an amazing encounter.  Thank you for sharing this.  Also a very vivid example of why there are not more close up photographs out there.  If only skeptics would actually go out in the field and do some research rather than mouth off behind a computer screen.  But if they actually did the research they wouldn't be skeptics anymore I presume.

How tall would you estimate the big male to have been?

On 4/5/2021 at 5:12 PM, Believer57 said:

So all four figures had black snowmobile suits from head to toe? Here is some additional food for thought.

Bigfoot vs Buffalo (ThinkerThunker) Would you risk death by buffalo to pull off a Bigfoot hoax? In this clip we see four big, furry somethings (Bigfoot) stalking four buffalo in Yellowstone National Park.

Bigfoot vs Buffalo: Top 5 Objections (ThinkerThunker) Just how smart are Bigfoot Skeptics? Take a look, let's see. You decide.

I'm not convinced by this footage, the figures look human to me, move like humans and they are hardly 'stalking' they are walking casually in the wide open, not crouching behind trees or very near to the bush line which surely they would be if they were watching and stalking the buffalo trying to be stealthy.

I think MIB is correct on this one.

The Paul Freeman footage to me also looks genuine. I can't explain that one the same as I can't explain the PGF. The figure has a weight and power about the movement that humans don't to me. 

I like the Russian ape one too, that creature moves like a Gibbon, looks real to me. I don't really like the introductions and the 'somewhere in Russia' titles makes it feel a little Blair Witch like which I guess they were going for 😁

There is a video of a white creature at night that gets caught in a spotlight and quickly ducks away, you can see the head and shoulders, maybe a little more but that looks very curious to me and particularly creepy I found 😁

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic