Non-PGF Films and Photographs of Sasquatches

Believer57
BFF Donor

Very cool! I have never seen that video before so thanks for posting it.

BC witness

@VAfooter I've always liked that video too, even though there was a hiker who claimed it was him. The hiker probably did pass through there, but the dates seem to be off by more than a week, and like you, I was impressed by the speed across that difficult terrain. The location is less than 20 miles from the site of the Ostman abduction report.

VAfooter
Admin

Just curious BC, are you familiar with the location, and if so, is there any logical reason for a hiker to be taking that route?

BC witness
Posted (edited)

I've never personally been in that particular valley, but have been in nearby river valleys, and have flown over the area in a vintage Cessna 120 that a friend owned at the time. The hiker who claimed to be the figure is apparently a solo mountain runner who hikes all over that very rugged region, and others have confirmed his claim to doing that sort of trek regularly. The young hikers who shot that video were even higher than the figure, and as far as I know, not on an established trail. Google Whistler BC, which is the same general area, and you'll see there are extensive mountain ranges in all directions from there. When I was a lot younger, I mountain biked some of the trails in that incredible country. (Incedentaly, on a bike called the Norco Sasquatch ;) )

Edited by BC witness
  • Thanks 1
VAfooter
Admin

It would be very interesting, and certainly doable it seems like, to have the hiker in question, follow the path of the object in the video to see if they can keep the same pace, appear to be the same size, etc. Of course, the video is now some 11 years old I think, and the hiker is probably not in the same physical condition as he was at the time of the video. Might have to substitute another, younger hiker in his place to do a comparison. But we should be able to at least rule out whether it was human or not.

BC witness

That might be doable, but you'd have to heli me to the photographers' vantage point, 'cause my arthritic old carcass isn't doing that kind of trek any more. :-(

Believer57
BFF Donor

Here is an interesting video recently posted by Justin of MBM. It was taped somewhere near Calgary by a family across the river.