Tracking Down the Development Site of the PGF?

Wooly Booger

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone had ever considered as part of their research into the Patterson-Gimlin Film?  I am of course referring to the location where the film was developed.  This is one of the enduring mysteries of the PGF, and uncovering its location should be able to tie up some loose ends.  Theoretically, it should be possible to locate the development studio by tracking down and taking an inventory of every single film development location in Yakima, Washington and Humboldt, California that existed in 1967.  Granted this would be a very time consuming and tedious process, but one that could ultimately prove very fruitful.  There is of course the possibility that the development site has long since gone out of business, or that records of any transaction have been lost or destroyed.  But it is also possible that the records of transaction and development could be uncovered, and that the mystery could be solved in this manner.  I am unaware of any Bigfoot researcher who has attempted to undertake such a project.  But if anyone has attempted to do so that someone here is aware of, I would very much be interested to hear about it.

So what I would like to know is this. What are the prospects of tracking down the film development site in this manner? And how helpful would doing so be for the furtherance of analysis of the Patterson-Gimlin Film? 

Edited by Wooly Booger
  • Downvote 1

• Wooly Booger changed the title to Tracking Down the Development Site of the PGF?

There should be a sticker on the reel cannisters that contain the film. On the inside, or along the ridge. Maybe on the reel itself.

Other threads have explored this concern exhaustively. I'd suggest you review them before launching another repeat of what's been discussed before.

• Upvote 2

It’s one heck of a rabbit hole to go down!  Good luck, you’ll most likely just come out of it with more questions!

• Thanks 1

Wooley,

There is a 3 part thread (now in part 3) that is excellent on this subject.

On that thread, there are a couple of posters who worked in the film/ movie development industry (Like Old Mort) in that era or the the film making of that era (Like Bill Munns).  In addition, there are a lot of pretty smart skeptics and believers chiming in.  Follow those threads and I think it will get you well on your way to what you are looking for.

Edited by Backdoc
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't recommend engaging in such an effort, Wooly.  It would end-up being a colossal waste of time.

The two principals involved in the developing of the film are both deceased. 

So, if you were able to find something indicating the film may have been developed by a certain Lab....who is ever going to confirm that, for you??? There isn't anyone around to do so.

What I would recommend, is simply looking at the various analyses of the film subject, itself. There are plenty of details on the subject's body which indicate it was, indeed, a real creature. :) 

• Like 1