Possible Eye bioluminescence vs reflection

Hairandfiber

14 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Even people who are 100% committed to the flesh and blood undiscovered ape theory like Moneymaker and the NAWACs folks talk about self illuminating eyes.

Moneymaker makes endorsements of reports without having been onsite as well, and makes stuff up on twitter daily. He may not be the best example to back that theory.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

Moneymaker makes endorsements of reports without having been onsite as well, and makes stuff up on twitter daily. He may not be the best example to back that theory.

I remember that clip where moneymaker claims Bigfoot have bioluminescent eyes for signaling each other. Moneymaker is an embarrassment. When he comes off whatever high he is on, he may even realize this himself.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

I remember that clip where moneymaker claims Bigfoot have bioluminescent eyes for signaling each other. Moneymaker is an embarrassment. When he comes off whatever high he is on, he may even realize this himself.

Lol.  

Moneymaker probably isn't anyone who I would want to spend a lot of personal time with... but this jealousy of and bitterness towards anyone who has gained a certain amount of fame or attention in the field is kind of cringey.  Actually, it's not kind of...it is.  

Get a popular podcast?  There's a segment of people on here who will hate you.  Go on television is a cryptozoology related capacity?  There's a segment of people on here who will hate you.  

It seems like a lot of you guys spend a lot of hours looking into Bigfoot related media that you absolutely hate...just so you can talk about how much you hate it.  This is the Bigfoot equivalent of a hipster talking about bands that you have never heard of...  Sounds like a pretty miserable existence, but whatever floats your boat I guess... 

There's obviously always going to be a few people who rub you the wrong way...I have a couple myself...but, you know what they say about 'when you run into a-holes all day..'

Whether or not Moneymaker is in the field nowadays as much as he used to be...for him to admit the self illuminating eyes phenomenon is pretty telling given his stance on the paranormal side things.  James Fay has said something similar.  Same thing with the NAWACS guys.  I would say check out the Seth Breedlove documentary where they film the glowing eyes, but you guys probably hate him too so I won't suggest it.

I don't have an answer for it, but I have seen something similar.  Might be completely natural.  Might be the fires of Hell for all I know.  Some of the accounts might very well be reflected light.  Others, including one of my own, seemed to occur in complete darkness.  

I kind of wonder sometimes on why such a small percentage of our new members only last a couple of posts.  Even the ones who don't come on here filled with righteous indignation that they are the saviours of the Bigfoot community and start try to be an authority in the subject...I mean the relatively normal ones...they kind of drop off quickly.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the tendency of a couple of members to just immediately drop the hate on anyone or anything that is mentioned.  I know that I have started to spend less and less time on here because of it. It gets old.  Ok.  You hate everything and everyone involved with the subject. We get it.  Take up a hobby that you enjoy and spare me the vitriol.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Hmm, you sound like someone who got his outhouse knocked over ;) I hear you though, loud and clear. The "attitude" sometimes crops up when new stuff comes on board. There is a constructive, encouraging path and there a destructive, discouraging path when it comes to discussion. The high road gets a lot more learning and information and the other is simply a stumbling block. Choosing should go beyond personal taste and more towards advancing the cause, although I can be guilty of some negative dialogue myself on occasion. I don't know if my attempts at humor get me a pass of not but I would like to think I allow one to present their case in order to assess the prospects. Not perfect, but I try to learn something new if given the opportunity. And that ain't easy at my age :) 

Just lobbing my two rocks into the camp.....

Edited by hiflier

12 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Hmm, you sound like someone who got his outhouse knocked over ;) 

I literally have no idea what this phrase means...

Only said in humor (it sometimes backfires) because of your chastisement of the negativity that sometimes happens on the BFF even though you had a good point. Didn't work out as planned, obviously, in spite of my internal chuckling. Seemed funnier in the typing phase. Ah well.....

Edited by hiflier

What would the purpose of self illuminating eyes be? I can't fathom how that would be beneficial except for creep factor.

ETA: unless of course they were bright enough to see by--for knitting during the new moon...

Edited by Kiwakwe
  • Upvote 1

I've always though of the advantage inside caves coupled with echolocation, although, such an advantage might supercede the need for echolocation.

4 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

What would the purpose of self illuminating eyes be? I can't fathom how that would be beneficial except for creep factor.

ETA: unless of course they were bright enough to see by--for knitting during the new moon...

Well human eyes need light to be able to see in the dark. So do most cameras. Perhaps their eyes have evolved into a type of dual organ...a light source as well as a camera of sorts. And, if my acquaintance's account is true, the color of light emitted can be changed. But I am completely speculating. An interesting idea though.

Boy, I sure wish I could get back out into the woods with @Madison5716. Moving after nearly 30 years and selling and fixing up both the old and the new home by myself are kicking my old butt. And, I just learned this coming week will be mandatory 10 hour days. I need a squatchcation.

• Upvote 2

As far as the original post goes the bioluminesance comes from luciferin, you could ingest as much of this as you want but unless its augmenting and overwriting DNA it won't cause any other creatures eyes to self ignite. Now, if it were pigment related that would show it self similar to flamingos and their color being directly related to the high amounts of keratinoids. Say the food sources were jet black, that may cause darkining of skin, hair, and other pigment influencable parts of the anatomy. 

As for the self illuminating eyes, we typically add these to a completly different classification of sighting. Nearly all acounts of self illuminated, or bio-luminating eyes have "other" things going on in the area. I have a much broader data set to look at with our reports becuase were a multi disciplinary research team. We cross refrence everything that comes in with various other types of report in the area to look for patterns. Basically thats my long way around saying, this crap is weird but it cant be dismissed and could be something we all have parts of the story  too but have trouble connecting them all together becuase theres no REAL consolidated effort.

• Upvote 3

On 4/2/2021 at 2:03 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Lol.  

Moneymaker probably isn't anyone who I would want to spend a lot of personal time with... but this jealousy of and bitterness towards anyone who has gained a certain amount of fame or attention in the field is kind of cringey.  Actually, it's not kind of...it is.  

Get a popular podcast?  There's a segment of people on here who will hate you.  Go on television is a cryptozoology related capacity?  There's a segment of people on here who will hate you.  

It seems like a lot of you guys spend a lot of hours looking into Bigfoot related media that you absolutely hate...just so you can talk about how much you hate it.  This is the Bigfoot equivalent of a hipster talking about bands that you have never heard of...  Sounds like a pretty miserable existence, but whatever floats your boat I guess... 

There's obviously always going to be a few people who rub you the wrong way...I have a couple myself...but, you know what they say about 'when you run into a-holes all day..'

Whether or not Moneymaker is in the field nowadays as much as he used to be...for him to admit the self illuminating eyes phenomenon is pretty telling given his stance on the paranormal side things.  James Fay has said something similar.  Same thing with the NAWACS guys.  I would say check out the Seth Breedlove documentary where they film the glowing eyes, but you guys probably hate him too so I won't suggest it.

I don't have an answer for it, but I have seen something similar.  Might be completely natural.  Might be the fires of Hell for all I know.  Some of the accounts might very well be reflected light.  Others, including one of my own, seemed to occur in complete darkness.  

I kind of wonder sometimes on why such a small percentage of our new members only last a couple of posts.  Even the ones who don't come on here filled with righteous indignation that they are the saviours of the Bigfoot community and start try to be an authority in the subject...I mean the relatively normal ones...they kind of drop off quickly.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the tendency of a couple of members to just immediately drop the hate on anyone or anything that is mentioned.  I know that I have started to spend less and less time on here because of it. It gets old.  Ok.  You hate everything and everyone involved with the subject. We get it.  Take up a hobby that you enjoy and spare me the vitriol.

You assume too much and frankly come off likely one of his BFRO guys or a groupie, the crap he spews on twitter daily is an embarrassment to anyone actually serious about the subject. Being on TV isn't credibility and if he's been looking for bigfoot for 25 years he still needs to look alittle harder because after all that time he doesn't have the goods. Jealousy mass, the mirror for some might reveal an embarrased fanboi.

On 4/2/2021 at 2:55 PM, hiflier said:

Only said in humor (it sometimes backfires) because of your chastisement of the negativity that sometimes happens on the BFF even though you had a good point. Didn't work out as planned, obviously, in spite of my internal chuckling. Seemed funnier in the typing phase. Ah well.....

He's basically shown himself to be feeling hurt over his idol being called out as bser he's been for 25 years.

• Downvote 6

That's why I always have my radar up and running for anyone who seems to be the closest to discovery. I was VERY hot on the nest finds as everyone knows, and then Dr. Mayor's DNA samples from Kentucky. Each situation is still pending as far as proving BF existence goes, but, if the creature is out there, they are BOTH on the right track for doing just that.

Edited by hiflier

I always feel compelled to poke my head in on this subject, having witnessed it from close range at great length a few years ago: https://bigfootforums.com/topic/56411-a-question-for-those-who-have-had-telepathic-interactions-with-sasquatch-2/?do=findComment&comment=1008660

I can say with absolute certainty it is eyeglow not eyeshine (unless it's something else entirely).

On 4/2/2021 at 11:06 PM, Skinwalker13 said:

Basically thats my long way around saying, this crap is weird but it cant be dismissed and could be something we all have parts of the story  too but have trouble connecting them all together becuase theres no REAL consolidated effort.

That sums it up pretty well I'd say, and as often as this subject comes up, we're still running in the same circles we were a decade ago. I've been digging around the old BFRO Blue Forums on archive just for kicks/nostalgia this past week, here's a version of this topic from 2013: https://web.archive.org/web/20130603140057/http://s2.excoboard.com/BFRO/125336/2397225  There's an even bigger discussion from 2011 but I couldn't find a snapshot of it. I'm pointing this out also somewhat in defense of BlackRockBigfoot, whose point I believe is just that groups like the BFRO in general have been aware of this phenomenon for a long time.

For me, the luciferin hypothesis doesn't pass the gut check for what I've seen. The light is intensely bright (those lines coming off the central sasquatch in my poor artist's rendering are meant to be incident rays). It also just.... doesn't make sense, for all the reasons others have brought up already. But who knows. Take the observations, file them away under 'unknown' until someone comes up with an idea that really clicks - but this has been widely reported for a long time, it's not a case of mistaken senses.

• Upvote 1

On 4/3/2021 at 4:29 PM, vinchyfoot said:

You assume too much and frankly come off likely one of his BFRO guys or a groupie, the crap he spews on twitter daily is an embarrassment to anyone actually serious about the subject. Being on TV isn't credibility and if he's been looking for bigfoot for 25 years he still needs to look alittle harder because after all that time he doesn't have the goods. Jealousy mass, the mirror for some might reveal an embarrased fanboi.

He's basically shown himself to be feeling hurt over his idol being called out as bser he's been for 25 years.

It sounds like you might be too high strung for Bigfootery.  You might need a more relaxing hobby.

Maybe take up birdwatching?

1b0d4o.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 4/2/2021 at 5:35 PM, Kiwakwe said:

Yeah, I am of the same mindset.  It doesn't make sense...but, what does in this field?

People are seeing something, though.