How do Bigfoots Disappear?

Believer57

2 hours ago, WSA said:

The sound heard by Tom Messick's hunting partner has always intrigued me, as it has many others. It may be  explained as a pressure wave generated by infra-sound, being perceived as something close to a door or  trap closing.

You have me curious. Can you provide a sound recording of a pressure wave generated by infrasound?

2 hours ago, WSA said:

Without confirmation that the original impression was wrong, it is always going to be described that way by the listener.  

What was the original impression you refer to? 

Messick's area was systematically grid searched and the more likely grids searched again and again. If it was grid searched north-to-south the next search of that grid is done east-to-west.

The most probable grids were tightly searched such that every searcher could see the feet of the person on either side.  I believe that was mentioned in the movie the searchers were that close. I think they also mentioned that several people lost keys during the initial search and they were found during the grid search. If you can recover something as small as a set of keys, you're not going to miss a trap door or a body.

One of the distinguishing features of the Messick case is the 6 other members of the party went immediately to look for him the moment he didn't show up at the prescribed time. Messick was stationed only a few hundred yards away. Also, SAR was summoned at the same time and on site and looking within hours.

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2021 at 8:37 PM, wiiawiwb said:

I've always thought the implication of the trap door in the Tom Messick case was that it was from a UFO or the snapping shut of a portal entrance. Remember, his lifelong friend who heard a trap door shut was several hundred yards away. I simple trap door on an underground location would be very difficult to hear from that distance. Moreover, there were others in the party who were closer to Messick and they never heard a thing. I don't ever recall them alluding to or suggesting something underground. 

I could be wrong but it's a case I've followed closely and know a fair amount about.

I am actually watching Missing 411:The Hunted as I type this.  

I agree with your interpretation of what Messick's family and friends are implying.

"He said that he heard some sort of snapping or crack sound that was strange."

"He almost said that it sounded like a big trap closing or something."

Messick's friend says that he estimated it being 150 yards away... coming from the top of the hill.

I do not think that they were implying a physical trap door closing, but instead a sharp and sudden sound like a spring loaded trap makes when the jaws impact together.  

https://www.videvo.net/sound-effect/trap-big-bear-snaps-bfx022506/260057/

An interdimensional portal opening or closing... suddenly displacing air...is what they seem to be implying.

• Thanks 1

My grandson and I went turkey hinting one morning. Out in a field about 100 yards away stood two hen turkeys in about mid shin high grass. I turned to tell my grandson to remember his back pack and when I turned around the hens were gone. My grandson said they were there and then disappeared. We would have seen them fly. We got about fifty yards  away, as I was scouring the ground with my 10 power binos I saw a daisy moving back and forth. I walked closer to the daisy and through my 10 power binos, I see the daisy moving and behind the daisy was a turkey eye. I walked right up to them before I could actually see them and they flew up and away from just mere feet away. My grandson said they dropped so fast when I turned my head, it looked like the disappeared. If a turkey can pull it off, a sasquatch can knock it out of the park.

• Upvote 2

I would be curious about a credible report of someone actually watching a BF disappear.  What does it look like exactly?  I have only heard of this happening from the psychic sasquatch folks who swear they see it shapeshift to any number of things in front of their eyes. I don't want to believe them but they are sometimes convincing because those witnesses seem like stable, sincere people.  In most general reports it always seems the witness was a fraction of a second late to track its direction, or it dissolves into the woods or brush, making it seem like it must have really vanished.

Edited by Arvedis

3 hours ago, Arvedis said:

I would be curious about a credible report of someone actually watching a BF disappear.  What does it look like exactly?  I have only heard of this happening from the psychic sasquatch folks who swear they see it shapeshift to any number of things in front of their eyes. I don't want to believe them but they are sometimes convincing because those witnesses seem like stable, sincere people.  In most general reports it always seems the witness was a fraction of a second late to track its direction, or it dissolves into the woods or brush, making it seem like it must have really vanished.

I've remember 2 reports, both of them involved the Bigfoot coming through a portal of some kind. First one was a farmer who saw a shimmering doorway appear, then a Bigfoot stepped out of it. He described it as similar to when you see heat waves in the distance on a road.  The second report was from "Hunt for the Skinwalker" book. Two guys were on a ridge at night watching for any unusual activity. One of them had night vision goggles and reported seeing a portal open (this portal had a very precise edge as opposed to the more shimmering one in the other report). Anyway, a large "apelike" creature came out of the portal and took off into the night. 

Portals could explain certain trackways, I recall one report in a freshly plowed field, the tracks just ended suddenly, in the middle of the field.

12 hours ago, Arvedis said:

I would be curious about a credible report of someone actually watching a BF disappear.  What does it look like exactly?

That's a good question. I don't have any examples in mind at the moment but it did remind me of the Observation vs. Interpretation discussion that Dr. Meldrum had recently on the 100th episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. The idea is that using science reduces interpretation because the brain is "wired" to fill in blanks that it doesn't understand or has no data input for. It's like telling a story. So one possibility is that paranormal claims come from interpretations of filling in the blanks.

The 100th Episode with Jeff Meldrum

SSR Team
On 4/5/2021 at 5:53 PM, Marty said:

I'd also be weary of Steve's channel, I'm suspicious of a lot of the reports he's getting in nowadays. How can you truly vet the person if they're being truthful or making up a story online, in text, without seeing them and getting to know them personally. You can make a convincing fake story. Not to mention that if you even bring a hint of this up to him he goes on the defense immediately with name calling and downright aggressive responses, it's kinda sad to see him go down this path because I genuinely was intrigued by his channel not too long ago.  

Ultimately he's just a glorified version of Hans Christian Anderson, he's just a story teller.

There is zero vetting done and never has really been, of the emails that come in at least.

Anyway, digressing. I don't think they disappear per se, i think they utilize their environment to a level that the average human these days has little to no comprehension of. I've thought for a long time that they utilize angles a lot. What i mean by that is trees etc, and blocking lines of direct sight. I'm also under the impression that they attempt to conceal their tracks in a number of different ways, some of which would freak us out completely, such as walking backwards over their initial tracks as has been documented in other primate species (Chimps) for example and not always using the path of least resistance if that leaves them and their tracks exposed.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I'd suggest one should just go to a fairly active trail, step off to the side and don't move and you to will "disappear", no camo needed.  I have had a few encounters with trespassers while turkey hunting, and I highly do not recommend this, but it has been hilarious being "invisible" while they hunt me.  I've even whistled at them, that's when they leave and go report a Bigfoot encounter LOL. 

The whistling I've done many times as a youth out of a tree stand as well, its a very interesting reaction, to watch people that realize, they are being watched.

Edited by Foxhill
  • Upvote 2

On 4/7/2021 at 4:49 PM, wiiawiwb said:

You have me curious. Can you provide a sound recording of a pressure wave generated by infrasound?

I have not researched it, but it seems plausible. How the human ear perceives sounds waves, and the brain processes the neural signals is a subjective and highly variable thing. Messick’s companion seemed to have been trying to describe an unknown sound by comparing it to something he knew, but my impression was he didn’t feel like his description was exactly right. As I recall, he gave that description to the searchers, and never repeated or clarified what he was describing  That fact tells me he was less than certain what it was, exactly  

On 4/7/2021 at 4:49 PM, wiiawiwb said:

17 minutes ago, WSA said:

I have not researched it, but it seems plausible.

I have no idea the veracity of this article, but in it he claims Whales use it on prey and sometimes "burst their prey apart"

Certain animals employ infrasound as weaponry. It has been known that certain whales are able to stun their prey with powerful blasts of inaudible sounds. Called "gunshots", whales focus these powerful blasts at large squid and other fish to paralyze and catch them. In some instances, they have been known to burst their prey apart by tonal projection alone.

https://borderlandsciences.org/oldsite/newstuff/research/infra.htm

And I'm not sure if it's actually infrasound or what, but the "Pistol Shrimp" stuns prey by snapping it's claw. This article says it's a "sonic surge"

According to the University of Oxford, the pistol (or snapping) shrimp—now known as Synalpheus pinkfloydi—generates an enormous sonic surge by closing its large pink claw rapidly. That produces one of the loudest sounds in the ocean—a din capable of stunning, or in some cases, killing smaller fish.

https://www.insidehook.com/article/science/new-species-shrimp-stuns-prey-sonic-surge-named-pink-floyd

But this NatGeo video says it's an "air bullet"

Edited by Rockape

8 hours ago, Rockape said:

I have no idea the veracity of this article, but in it he claims Whales use it on prey and sometimes "burst their prey apart"

And I'm not sure if it's actually infrasound or what, but the "Pistol Shrimp" stuns prey by snapping it's claw. This article says it's a "sonic surge"

But this NatGeo video says it's an "air bullet"

If you are referring to sonar, then no, whales dont blow their prey apart, BUT, I have seen a documentary where a dolphin used a sonar "beam" to confuse the **** out of a hammerhead that got too close to baby, and orcas and dolphins that use sonar to find prey hiding in the sand under them. Bats can do a similar thing to echo locate prey. So is there a precedent for mammals using sound in a "weaponized" manner, absafreakinlutely. 

I have had this done to me in my opinion, by THEM, a few years backs, classic infrasound symptoms, and one of my cameras running at the time was fried. And yes, I had a visual of the creature as it retreated, too much coincidence.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

If you are referring to sonar,

I'm not personally referring to anything, just linking to other reports. The guy in that report said it was infrasound and that's what the entire report is about so yes, he is referring to infrasound.

3 hours ago, Rockape said:

I'm not personally referring to anything, just linking to other reports. The guy in that report said it was infrasound and that's what the entire report is about so yes, he is referring to infrasound.

Just making the point, I used to be skeptical of it until I actually experienced it. It's not that far fetched given the amount of mammals that actually can use it in similar ways.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

It's not that far fetched given the amount of mammals that actually can use it in similar ways.

Oh yeah, agreed. Even being a general skeptic of the actual existence of the creature it's one of the things that intrigues me and I find plausible. I know there are people who say it happened to them, but I've often wondered if it happens to people who don't realize it. I could see them using it as a defense mechanism, just to momentarily stun you, or "freeze you" while they walk away.

21 hours ago, Rockape said:

Oh yeah, agreed. Even being a general skeptic of the actual existence of the creature it's one of the things that intrigues me and I find plausible. I know there are people who say it happened to them, but I've often wondered if it happens to people who don't realize it. I could see them using it as a defense mechanism, just to momentarily stun you, or "freeze you" while they walk away.

In my case, it just me the pricklies on the back of the neck, that uneasy feeling as some have reported, which is a real thing, and to your point is likely in some cases to be enough to drive the unwanted out of a given area with minimal confrontation. But the science for it is definitely in the animal kingdom already.

• Upvote 1