"bigfoot" Noises And Responses.

Guest BAGWAJININI

BFF Patron

Can anyone throw up a razorback or hog call to compare this too? Then, I may have a few comments to make.

I had always called it a "pig scream" but never found a hog recording to compare. The several times I heard it in the area 10 days prior to the night of the recording, it always had the same format so to speak. A pause in the middle and same exact duration and no other sounds like another animal fighting or feral hog sounds.

BFF Patron

About 1:29 in you get a good squeal from a caught pig.....see what happens next.....lol I'd have to say the sounds are extremely similar. That said I have heard some whistle screechs that could come close to this that were NOT wild hogs. They may not have had quite the power but I'd say some of the outbreaks were as loud.

BFF Patron
Interesting that hog didn't start screaming until the guy got a hold of it's hind leg.

yah, I'd say maybe he better stick to gators and get out of that business, lol (some people do anything to get a video :lol: )

It might be a hog, but probably one in some kind of distress if it is. It's odd though that it didn't make other sounds more easily attributed to hogs. I was watching other hog vids a while ago, they are afraid of nothing and keep coming while getting shot at.

BFF Patron

The verdict is out with me too, there is a little bit of question at the very last couple sounds of the file that leaves doubt with me.

Guest Biggie

It came from the Trinity River bottoms that is bordered by a large Wildlife Management Area and other forested properties that are also oil/gas lease areas. No homes within miles.

Well since it came from there and late at night too then I'd suspect it was not that girl. I wonder if it was a cougar fighting or mating with another one.

• 4 months later...

I have heard a rabbit scream in a very girlish human fashion as well,a repeated short human like cry. It occurred when the rabbit was injured and in extreme distress.

• 4 weeks later...
BFF Patron

bump

• 2 weeks later...

My friends in Stone County, Missouri told me about a call they heard recently that I have never heard. I've mentioned some of the other activity they've had such as the complete stripping of their fruit trees at night just as the fruit ripens (whatever it is leaves all of the peach pits around the base of the peach tree), and the hide and seek game something has been playing with them for years by taking stones from their fish pond and concealing them in the leaves or in the woodpile each night.

They own a home on a ridge between two arms of Table Rock Lake. Most of their property is wooded and extends all the way down to the lake. It is also posted against hunting. They are in their early seventies, and have three cats, one of which is allowed outside. About a quarter of the time the cat will refuse to go outside and will find a high point in the house where it can watch the woods all day. This behavior happens for about a week at a time about one week per month. They recently replaced several of the sliding glass doors leading to the deck circumferencing their home with walls and conventional doorways. They did this specifically because of frequent visits by a "very heavy" bipedal prowler that walks their deck late at night.

The couple almost never uses their deck in the evenings, but had a recent visit by a son who smokes (they do not). During his visit he was required to smoke out on the deck rather than in the house and his mother sat with him on the deck during the evening. A break in routine: Visit by an adult male, use of the deck at night, and the smoking.

Anyway, as they were outside talking, something just down the steep slope from the house (presumably at an eye level that allowed it to watch them) let out a low-toned "Hahahaha-arrrgh". The call was answered from a few hundred yards below with another "Hahahaha-arrrgh", and then repeated by the first individual.

A couple of nights later after the son had left something investigated their deck, moving the chairs and table they used and moving the ashtray around to the other side of the house (where there are no windows) without spilling it, where it was left at foot level on the deck.

Has anyone else heard the "Hahahaha-arrrgh" call?

Fascinating account of what seems like mischievous bf JDL. Makes me wonder if the bf get on the deck and look into the windows to spot the cats and get a reaction out of them for kicks. Probably would have been less expensive to put up trail cams to keep the bf away instead of upgrading the doors. hehe

Sounds like a good place for a bf investigator to spend some time there. I haven't heard of bf making those calls btw.