"bigfoot" Noises And Responses.

Guest BAGWAJININI

Guest BAGWAJININI

Depending on need, I think the naturalistic sounds are mixed in with other sounds for either stealth or as an attention-getting mechanism that they produce to gain esteem. For example, one evening that the nocturnal crow was heard it was integrated into whistling/whimpering animal-like raccoon calls and also phoneme-encoded utterances. It was also so rapid that a human could not possibly produce such a concatenation of sounds in the same time period. When you hear that, and you understand the physics involved, you can be nothing but humbled and oh so impressed.

I have some education, but the words you're using are baffling me now. Now I gotta go look at a dictionary. Thanks a lot for making me study. I thought I was done with all that after school.

BFF Patron
I do find it hard to believe that howling or a high pitch wail is a way to call them though.

Though the call-blasters have had luck with this technique. My technique is to make use of the natural world of sound available to them.

I have had luck with common bird song to generate interest: dove calls, whip-poor-wills, varied small migratory song bird calls. They pick up on and acknowledge your connection to your own environment and are eager to acknowledge such with imitative vocalizations which are much more complex than a simple thud against a live tree.

*a concatenation implies rapid sequencing of multiple stimuli such that the mind is left spinning and the sound recordist is left to slow the recording down to make sure they actually heard what they think they heard (it's part of the humbling process) :D . It may be more than stealth and "show-boat" behavior it may have an effect in confusing the uninitiated such as the phenomenon of infrasound.

Guest BAGWAJININI

I find R. Scott Nelson's linguistic study of BF chatter to be very fascinating. Some of Stan Courtney's recordings remind me of the sounds heard on the Berry/Morehead tapes. Nelson slowed the chatter down and discovered patterns and repeated words.

video posted by Darkwing

More from NABS

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/Bigfootlanguage.html

I don't know what to think of this. What's the story behind this tape? Some guy put food out and a voice recorder over night?

BFF Patron
What's the story behind this tape?

Look up Sierra Sounds if you have the time.......alleged BF recordings from the 70's as I remember. R. Scott Nelson began decoding phoneme utterances within that sample of sounds recorded. From there he applied it to other examples referred to him to try to detect patterns.

Guest wild eyed willy

Does the wood knocking sound like two baseball bat like logs hitting each other?

Wouldn't a squatch pick up any old log and slam it into a tree or would they look for a good strong piece of hard wood and a good hard tree?

I guess what Im asking is, does it always sound the same? has it ever sounded like just an old rotten log being slammed against a tree?

I have yet to hear any wood knocking from anywhere other than my own, however I did hear what sounded like two rocks smashing together at about 3: 45am several days ago. It woke me up, but I can't be sure I heard it or dreamed it. It only happened that one time.. I looked out the window but didn't see or hear anything else.

Edited by wild eyed willy

I had one say "hello" to me yesterday and got it on video. There were no people around I could see. Low, kind of weird intonation.... Sounds pretty weird. Where this happened is not in a city but very near some homes and a main road. A bf could certainly have heard that word a lot. Kind of scared me and we left.

I have heard they can mimic our speech. I think I read one sighting in which "mom" came from the woods when the kids were definitely at school. I tend to believe it.

Hopefully I can learn to edit videos a little so I can post it.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest Knuck

One night in late June last summer, just after dark, I shined a flashlight at one and found out right then they don't like that. I was met with the exact same grumbling and samarai gibberish that is on the "Sierra Sounds" files. I mean exactly the same. It was so similar, I was shocked, and I about knew for sure what was doing it in front of me right then. I was right. The full incident is written up elsewhere in the "sightings" section of the forum.

I've since had some amazing experiences. I tongue clicked a little tune one night while on the porch. Next morning, on the front porch, while drinking my first cup-o-mud for the day, I heard my little tune being tongue clicked back to me perfectly from the woods across the road. I about fell off the porch.-Knuck

I'd broken these out and posted them at the old BFF...here they are again! Lot's of "guttural" mentions. One mentions imitation of other animal sounds.

tirademan

I've had a similar experience to the one Mrs. Caufield relates in the bottom right of your post. It happened twice in one weekend and in two different locations sperated by miles. One happened at dusk and the other well after dark. It was like an object flying at your head but had a buzzing sound and narrowly missed . It caused me to flinch and duck I just attributed these to an unseen large insect or a bat at the time, but it was odd to have it happen twice and both times never saw what it was, though I felt sure I should have seen it with the incident at dusk.

Guest HairyGreek

I had one say "hello" to me yesterday and got it on video.

Say wha...? Are you serious? Someone call Bill ASAP!

Edited by HairyGreek

I'd broken these out and posted them at the old BFF...here they are again! Lot's of "guttural" mentions. One mentions imitation of other animal sounds.

tirademan

All very interesting reading....as always, Tirademan (Thanks !)

History confirms what is still being heard , reported, and recorded today. The subject (IMHO) is capable of a wide range of guttural sounds, growls, roars, screams, clicks, pops, and moans.. as well as being a master mimic, of whatever it feels the need to imitate in it's environment, as per, the situation.

Some people I've intereacted with.. theorize, that many of the knocking and tapping sounds, are produced by the subject it'self (bodily). The jury is still out on this concept, for me... and it's probably going to be a long, long trial, that may never have a verdict.

On the internet some people do nothing but lie, others tell the bald truth. I tell the truth. Sounds really weird but I did not make it up. Sounded like hello to me. Will try to upload it but have to figure out how to separate that snippet so it is not too long to upload. Don't know when I will be capable and have the time. There is background noise, but you can hear it. Less subjective than seeing the squatches in the blobs.

Guest wild eyed willy

All very interesting reading....as always, Tirademan (Thanks !)

History confirms what is still being heard , reported, and recorded today. The subject (IMHO) is capable of a wide range of guttural sounds, growls, roars, screams, clicks, pops, and moans.. as well as being a master mimic, of whatever it feels the need to imitate in it's environment, as per, the situation.

Some people I've intereacted with.. theorize, that many of the knocking and tapping sounds, are produced by the subject it'self (bodily). The jury is still out on this concept, for me... and it's probably going to be a long, long trial, that may never have a verdict.

Has anyone ever reported finding the marks from tree knocking in the trunks of trees?

Has anyone ever reported finding the marks from tree knocking in the trunks of trees?

Yes, Some members of the MRP (Michigan Recording Project) did report and photo document finding marks on a tree after hearing wood knocking.

I don't know if they have the documentation on their site but here it is. I remember the pics being shared here on the old BFF1.0

http://www.mivocals.moonfruit.com/#/recordings-portal/4532791466

wild eyed willy

Yes,we found the tree and the branch that was used on that tree that was knocked on.We heard knockeds that evening and we all jumped into a van and tried to track it down to see if we were being hoaxed.but as it turned out what we found was the spot where the tree was being knocked at with prints at the bottom of that tree and on the road we found the branch that was used.

The branch was a fairly good size branch and it was nice and strong and weathered.We pin pointed that spot by using walkie talkies and banging on that same tree with a bat. It was the same distance as the knocks we were hearing the prints were a good size and if my memory is correct I believe that they were around 17" long by 6"-7" wide.They were a good size prints.The tree had a good size mark on where it was impacted and you could see that clearly .what made it so wierd and human was that it started to copy the pattern that I was knocking on the tree myself.This is the reason why we all rushed into the van to investigate to see if we were being hoaxed.It was to perfect and if it they are an animal then they should not have a brain to be able to copy what we were doing.Hence creature.

Guest tirademan

Well, I don't recall finding anything about marks left over from knocking, but I did find many, many stories of club usage. Some specifically mention the clubs being well-worn, while others describe them being used to intimidate us humans.

I also found many stories of them in trees, throwing rocks, running on all fours, beating their chest, swimming, stealing livestock, stealing produce, milking or trying to get milk from cows, being shot at, being violent, and tracks found. Also found some old road crossing incidents where the creature ran out in front of various human's vehicles...seems they still do!

tirademan